September 17, 2014 | 2030 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Skin Cleansing System

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lovlis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I lave both the Clarisonic Mia and Body Brush. I absolutely love them both. I have found the Mia to be the best treatment for the "flakies" from using Retin A. I bought the Clarisonic Body brush as part of a cellulite treatment I'm working on. Can't say it has improved the rippled skin, BUT I found an added bonus--using the Clarisonic after shaving has reduced the ugly red shaving dots to 0! Bonus! Highly recommend this splurge

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by blueoctopus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Clarisonic Pro at a beauty conference in San Francisco 6 years ago and it's still going strong. I always leave it plugged in and use it 2-3x/week. I've never had any skin issues and bought it as a cleansing tool since I don't like to scrub/exfoliate. I find that the Clarisonic does the job more gently without stripping the skin of its natural oils, which is what leads to skin issues, breakouts etc.
Once this one dies - I'm impressed by its longevity so far - I will purchase the Mia2.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

My Clarsonic has been sitting inside its box for the past couple years after being used a handful of times shortly after I purchased it. Recently, I decided to take it out and use it again, and the battery will not hold its charge no matter how many days I continuously charge it for. I called customer service and they told me, "You're out of warranty, so if you like it, you should go purchase a new one."

They don't do repairs on their products, so when your Clarsonic stops working, that's pretty much it for your device. I won't "go purchase a new one". Thanks, but no thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Embry1029

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great product - UNTIL YOUR WARRANTY EXPIRES! Because as soon as your warranty is up, you can guarantee it will break. I have purchased the PRO version as well as the MIA version, and BOTH of them broke immediately after their warranty!! The internal battery (which cannot be accessed because it would require opening the sealed handle) dies right after the warranty ends. I have spent hundreds of dollars with this company, and I can guarantee you I won't be spending another dime with them again, because quite frankly, I don't like to feel like I've been taken advantage of. An expensive product such as this shouldn't break within a month of them having to take responsibility. They do this to lock you into repeat buying, but you know what Clarisonic? You're not the only one on the market these days. Shame on you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Amazing if u wear heavy makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ggbunny22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS Brush! It WILL break after the warranty expires! $225+ is way too much to pay for something that will only last 2 years! They will not replace it and it is not reparable. It is just a giant money making scheme.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Cdutton

After dealing with the mess that is the Clarisonic plus and hoping it would do amazing things for my face I am finally able to post a review, and ladies/gents it isn't good. I purchased my Clarisonic Plus from QVC for an amazing deal. I began using the system once every couple days, at night. My face began to do the typical purge. I expected that. After two months my face was still breaking out horribly, it hurt so badly that using the Clarisonic wasn't possible. So I called customer service, they suggested another brush head may be better for my now horribly ripped up face and said they would send it. That never happened. I went and purchased the head they suggested and began using it hoping for better results, NO! Things got worse for my face. So I called again. This time I was suggested the Delicate face brush. And this time they actually sent it!!! I began using the brush, my face got better. But was now damaged with broken capillaries and scars from the terrifying acne. Also my lips became chapped. But I didn't immediately connect it to the use of my Clarisonic because I never used it around my mouth... Well my Clarisonic died. Only 5 months old and it's dead. Yeah 235$ down the drain on something that caused me so much grief. And apparently chronic horribly chapped lips. Since my Clarisonic has been dead on my vanity my lips no longer require a heavy application of salve every hour or so. Also I'm still waiting 2 weeks later to hear back from customer service about the warranty of my 5 month old dead Clarisonic. My face is breaking out because it has become dependent on the device, but my lips are no longer so chapped they look burned. At this point I'm over the device completely. The cons far out weigh the pros. It is so over hyped. And it was such a challenge to get it not to rip my face to pieces and customer service SUCKS. Don't waste your money. Just find a good exfoliator and be done with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by JitterbugPerfumeLover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best beauty tool I have purchased in a long time. I use it twice a day - in the morning and in the evening, and my skin absolutely glows. I'm not joking, people sometimes stop me on the street and ask what products I use because my skin is radiant. I let my Mom borrow it for 2 weeks (longest 2 weeks of my life, LOL) and she immediately went out and bought the PRO model. I haven't tried the gels and cleanser that comes with it since I am stuck on my Cindy Crawford line, but I've kept them as back ups because I hear they are also wonderful.

I bought the Plus because I like the body brush and the waterproof feature. I use it in the shower to help with summertime bacne. I am not consistant, but I'm sure if I was I'd have excellent results.

My Moms pro model is a lot "smoother" when it's on, meaning, the motor is a little gentler, otherwise I don't see much difference as far as the clarity of her skin versus my skin.

Again, the best purchase I made all year. I am definitely looking into the Opal for the eye area. My clarisonic is always the first thing I pack in my beauty bag when I travel. If I lost it, I would be devastated, but I would definitely replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Kbee62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for 5 years now. It has transformed my skin. I used to have skin that had patchy flakey areas on both my cheeks and on my forehead, especially in winter. This absolutely evens out my skin tone. I use mine with Shu Uemera cleansing oil. I've had the same one for 5 years so in my opinion it has totally paid for itself. I've turned many friends and finally my mom and sister onto it.

I haven't used the body brush for no particular reason but it just occurred to me today that it may help out with my skin tone on my legs so I'm going to start using it on my body and I'll check back in to update my review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Clarisonic Plus in Almond Blossom. I originally had this on my blog but decided to shut it down so I am re-posting it here!

The Clarisonic Plus is currently one of the higher end models, second to the Pro model (comparasion chart). I chose the Clarisonic Plus over the Mia / Mia 2 for a few reasons:

- It comes with three facial cleansers, plus a body/face scrub for a total of four cleansers. The Mia comes with one cleanser; the Mia 2 with three cleansers.
-It has three speed settings. The Mia and Mia 2 have one and two speeds, respectively.
-The Plus has a "T-Timer" which tells you how long to use it on different sections of your face (the Mia 2 also has this).
-It comes with a body brush, with an additional two speeds dedicated to the body mode. Neither Mia supports the use of a body brush.
-I paid ~$180 on Amazon.com, so it was really only $60 more than the Mia (currently priced at $119) and only $30 more than the Mia 2 (currently priced at $149).

I was mostly sold on the fact that it had three speeds (the recently released Aria also has three speeds) and the fact that you could use it on your body.

I've only used the cleansers intermittently so I can't comment on how effective or ineffective they are. I primarily use Liquid Neutrogena or Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel cleanser on my face.

I like that the Clarisonic Plus can be used on the body. It's waterproof so it can be used in the shower (although I wouldn't risk submerging it in the bath or something). The Plus automatically knows when you've attached a body brush and has two different body speeds that are different from the face speeds. Exfoliating my body with the Clarisonic makes my skin a lot smoother and if you use self-tanners like I do, it results in a more even tan. I've even seen reviews that say the Clarisonic helps with skin issues like keratosis pilaris. While I guess that the Mia could be used on the body, it's not very practical as the face brushes are too small and not abrasive enough.

I have sensitive skin, so I use mine with a delicate brush and the lowest speed setting most of the time. For me, the other speed settings are a little too rough (including the single speed on the Mia). I only use the Clarisonic Plus once a day, in the evening, to avoid over-drying my skin. After a few weeks of using it, I noticed that my skin was changing for the better. I never really had "purging" or extra breakouts while using it. Since using it, I have noticed that my skin is a lot less oily, my pores look smaller and my skin looks smoother - especially on my forehead, where I used to get a bunch of little bumps. I have not noticed a difference in the amount of breakouts I get, but any hyperpigmentation I get clears up a lot quicker with the Clarisonic.

Admittedly, not everyone gets great results with a Clarisonic brush. It might be due to the brush, the speeds, too much/too little pressure (you don't want to take a layer of skin off!!), or an individual's skin type. :( Some of my own complaints about the Clarisonic Plus:

-It is bulkier than the Mia/Mia 2 and Aria. If you travel a lot/like to take products with you while traveling, the Plus is not as travel-friendly due to the size and the charging cradle.
-Using it on your body is time consuming if you're covering large areas like your legs. Since I like to use it on several areas, I really only have time to use it on the weekends.
-The brush heads need to be replaced roughly every 3 months. They are pricey at $25 each or $40 for two.

I love mine though and I think it's worth a try for anyone who wants nicer skin!