April 21, 2014 | 1190 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Clarisonic PLUS Sonic Skin Cleansing System

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Embry1029

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great product - UNTIL YOUR WARRANTY EXPIRES! Because as soon as your warranty is up, you can guarantee it will break. I have purchased the PRO version as well as the MIA version, and BOTH of them broke immediately after their warranty!! The internal battery (which cannot be accessed because it would require opening the sealed handle) dies right after the warranty ends. I have spent hundreds of dollars with this company, and I can guarantee you I won't be spending another dime with them again, because quite frankly, I don't like to feel like I've been taken advantage of. An expensive product such as this shouldn't break within a month of them having to take responsibility. They do this to lock you into repeat buying, but you know what Clarisonic? You're not the only one on the market these days. Shame on you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Amazing if u wear heavy makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ggbunny22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS Brush! It WILL break after the warranty expires! $225+ is way too much to pay for something that will only last 2 years! They will not replace it and it is not reparable. It is just a giant money making scheme.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Cdutton

After dealing with the mess that is the Clarisonic plus and hoping it would do amazing things for my face I am finally able to post a review, and ladies/gents it isn't good. I purchased my Clarisonic Plus from QVC for an amazing deal. I began using the system once every couple days, at night. My face began to do the typical purge. I expected that. After two months my face was still breaking out horribly, it hurt so badly that using the Clarisonic wasn't possible. So I called customer service, they suggested another brush head may be better for my now horribly ripped up face and said they would send it. That never happened. I went and purchased the head they suggested and began using it hoping for better results, NO! Things got worse for my face. So I called again. This time I was suggested the Delicate face brush. And this time they actually sent it!!! I began using the brush, my face got better. But was now damaged with broken capillaries and scars from the terrifying acne. Also my lips became chapped. But I didn't immediately connect it to the use of my Clarisonic because I never used it around my mouth... Well my Clarisonic died. Only 5 months old and it's dead. Yeah 235$ down the drain on something that caused me so much grief. And apparently chronic horribly chapped lips. Since my Clarisonic has been dead on my vanity my lips no longer require a heavy application of salve every hour or so. Also I'm still waiting 2 weeks later to hear back from customer service about the warranty of my 5 month old dead Clarisonic. My face is breaking out because it has become dependent on the device, but my lips are no longer so chapped they look burned. At this point I'm over the device completely. The cons far out weigh the pros. It is so over hyped. And it was such a challenge to get it not to rip my face to pieces and customer service SUCKS. Don't waste your money. Just find a good exfoliator and be done with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by JitterbugPerfumeLover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best beauty tool I have purchased in a long time. I use it twice a day - in the morning and in the evening, and my skin absolutely glows. I'm not joking, people sometimes stop me on the street and ask what products I use because my skin is radiant. I let my Mom borrow it for 2 weeks (longest 2 weeks of my life, LOL) and she immediately went out and bought the PRO model. I haven't tried the gels and cleanser that comes with it since I am stuck on my Cindy Crawford line, but I've kept them as back ups because I hear they are also wonderful.

I bought the Plus because I like the body brush and the waterproof feature. I use it in the shower to help with summertime bacne. I am not consistant, but I'm sure if I was I'd have excellent results.

My Moms pro model is a lot "smoother" when it's on, meaning, the motor is a little gentler, otherwise I don't see much difference as far as the clarity of her skin versus my skin.

Again, the best purchase I made all year. I am definitely looking into the Opal for the eye area. My clarisonic is always the first thing I pack in my beauty bag when I travel. If I lost it, I would be devastated, but I would definitely replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Kbee62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for 5 years now. It has transformed my skin. I used to have skin that had patchy flakey areas on both my cheeks and on my forehead, especially in winter. This absolutely evens out my skin tone. I use mine with Shu Uemera cleansing oil. I've had the same one for 5 years so in my opinion it has totally paid for itself. I've turned many friends and finally my mom and sister onto it.

I haven't used the body brush for no particular reason but it just occurred to me today that it may help out with my skin tone on my legs so I'm going to start using it on my body and I'll check back in to update my review.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Clarisonic Plus in Almond Blossom. I originally had this on my blog but decided to shut it down so I am re-posting it here!

The Clarisonic Plus is currently one of the higher end models, second to the Pro model (comparasion chart). I chose the Clarisonic Plus over the Mia / Mia 2 for a few reasons:

- It comes with three facial cleansers, plus a body/face scrub for a total of four cleansers. The Mia comes with one cleanser; the Mia 2 with three cleansers.
-It has three speed settings. The Mia and Mia 2 have one and two speeds, respectively.
-The Plus has a "T-Timer" which tells you how long to use it on different sections of your face (the Mia 2 also has this).
-It comes with a body brush, with an additional two speeds dedicated to the body mode. Neither Mia supports the use of a body brush.
-I paid ~$180 on Amazon.com, so it was really only $60 more than the Mia (currently priced at $119) and only $30 more than the Mia 2 (currently priced at $149).

I was mostly sold on the fact that it had three speeds (the recently released Aria also has three speeds) and the fact that you could use it on your body.

I've only used the cleansers intermittently so I can't comment on how effective or ineffective they are. I primarily use Liquid Neutrogena or Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel cleanser on my face.

I like that the Clarisonic Plus can be used on the body. It's waterproof so it can be used in the shower (although I wouldn't risk submerging it in the bath or something). The Plus automatically knows when you've attached a body brush and has two different body speeds that are different from the face speeds. Exfoliating my body with the Clarisonic makes my skin a lot smoother and if you use self-tanners like I do, it results in a more even tan. I've even seen reviews that say the Clarisonic helps with skin issues like keratosis pilaris. While I guess that the Mia could be used on the body, it's not very practical as the face brushes are too small and not abrasive enough.

I have sensitive skin, so I use mine with a delicate brush and the lowest speed setting most of the time. For me, the other speed settings are a little too rough (including the single speed on the Mia). I only use the Clarisonic Plus once a day, in the evening, to avoid over-drying my skin. After a few weeks of using it, I noticed that my skin was changing for the better. I never really had "purging" or extra breakouts while using it. Since using it, I have noticed that my skin is a lot less oily, my pores look smaller and my skin looks smoother - especially on my forehead, where I used to get a bunch of little bumps. I have not noticed a difference in the amount of breakouts I get, but any hyperpigmentation I get clears up a lot quicker with the Clarisonic.

Admittedly, not everyone gets great results with a Clarisonic brush. It might be due to the brush, the speeds, too much/too little pressure (you don't want to take a layer of skin off!!), or an individual's skin type. :( Some of my own complaints about the Clarisonic Plus:

-It is bulkier than the Mia/Mia 2 and Aria. If you travel a lot/like to take products with you while traveling, the Plus is not as travel-friendly due to the size and the charging cradle.
-Using it on your body is time consuming if you're covering large areas like your legs. Since I like to use it on several areas, I really only have time to use it on the weekends.
-The brush heads need to be replaced roughly every 3 months. They are pricey at $25 each or $40 for two.

I love mine though and I think it's worth a try for anyone who wants nicer skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by bermsr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!! I have only been using my Clarisonic PLUS for 1 week and my skin has already been transformed. I honestly saw improved skin after 1 day of using it. I DO NOT use the cleansing products that came with it. I didn't want to alter my skin routine entirely. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean to clean my face and then Shiseido White Lucent for my toner, eye cream and face cream. I had a lot of sun spots and uneven skin tone Shiseido has been able to keep at bay however, using the Clarisonic made my skin products work even better. I would say half the spots are gone and my skin tone is pretty much even now. The first day I used the Deep Pore brush that it came with and then switched to the Sensitive brush for the rest of the week, using it morning and night on the 1 minute setting. I figured I would just use the Deep Pore brush once a week for that deep cleaning. I was also afraid if I used it everyday, it might be little too much. So far, this has worked for me. I can't wait to see the condition of my skin after a month!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Before I start, I just wanted you to know what this review was about. I wrote a review a while back on the differences between the spinbrush pro (and the different models) as well as the oil of olay version of the spinbrush. In this review I am comparing and contrasting them (this was before I bought one) to figure out which one would work best for me... I hope by reading this, you will have a better understanding of your options before purchasing a spinbrush...

I was very skeptical of this brush to begin withÖ. but I finally pulled the trigger after much consultation from my dermatologist. For any of those wondering, my dermatologist herself told me 1) this brush will make a huge difference regarding the health of my skin 2) that the Oil of Olay Spinbrush is just as good as the Clarisonic. That was her honest professional medical answer... So now I will give you my opinion on each of the two models.

The brush head: the brush heads differ on a few levels and I honestly feel that the The Clarisonic brush is superior. The Clarisonic brush head is much larger, even when comparing the smallest size Clarisonic MIA model to the Oil of Olay Spinbrush. The Clarisonic also has the optionality of different removable heads, one of them specifically for sensitive skin. I use this one. The drugstore versions do not have this optionality. After trying both Clarisonic brush heads (the regular and sensitive), I prefer the sensitive. I also feel the bristles on the Clarisonic model are softer and higher quality.

Cleaning power: About equal, but different. The Clarisonic uses a sonic oscillation system while the Oil of Olay Spinbrush uses a nonsonic rotating brush. The Oil of Olay version doesnít really vibrate like the Clarisonic but just sort of spins around in circles. When using the Clarisonic you simply move it in circular motions around your face as the brush vibrates. The Spinbrush doesnít necessarily work in that fashion since its already spinning around. They do feel different in my opinion. Probably both get you to the same place but I prefer the Clarisonic. I also think its much more effortless than the cheaper Oil of Olay brush. One thing that blew me away was not only how well it worked on my face- but also the eczema and tiny red bumps on my arms, after a few scrubs- GONE!

Charging: Clarisonic charges either in a base (if you buy the larger models) or in a simple handle attachment if you buy the MIA (thatís what I have). The Oil of Olay is battery operated- and this SUCKS! I have to change the batteries every two to three times of use (depending on how long I use it, which often varies). Yes, I do have rechargeable batteries, but still can be rather frustrating changing them SO often. This is why there is such aclassic difference in price, though. You get more with the higher quality, you just have to be willing to spend more too.

Models: The Clarisonic comes in 5, yes 5, confusing models. What is the difference in all of them? Why do we need 5 models? They differ in speeds, size, battery life, attachments they come with, and warranty. They range from $119 to $225. There is the MIA (both the MIA 1 and MIA 2). This is the most compact and does not come with a charging cradle but a charging link. The classic comes with a charging cradle. And the Plus and Pro models have 3 speeds and are for the face and body. I think this is all mumbo jumbo and all you need is the MIA. You really dont need different speeds and you can use the regular brush head on your body as well. Unless you really want a standup cradle I would purchase the MIA for $119. The higher models also come with more Clarisonic skin care products. You donít need to use their products. Use your own favorite products. The Oil of Olay only has one to chose from, with no models to choose from. It is very standard and really comes with NO bells and whistles.

Body functionality: The Oil of Olay Spinbrush is very tiny, almost too tiny for the body. I think you can use the MIA Clarisonic for body even though its not marketed that way. You can really tell the difference in price here because the Clarisonic is well built, and sturdy... but the Olay version doesnt fit in your hand as nice, and its not as well built as the other models.

Do I really need to spend $119 on a brush to wash my face? No. You donít need to. But it will get your skin cleaner and you will likely see improvement- like I have after using for just a few days. The brush removes significantly more dirt, oil and makeup than manual cleansing. Both brushes will help to loosen impurities from your pores alot more effectively than your fingertips rubbing soap on your face. However, this does not eliminate the need to exfoliate on a regular basis. The simple fact is that results from either brush are going to be better than not using one at all. The Oil of Olay clearly provides more value at $30. Although I cannot say for sure, it doesnít feel as though it will last for years and years like the Clarisonic does. The Spinbrush is a bit flimsier in your hands than the Clarisonic. I have had my MIA for about a year now and I love it. I would recommend it to every woman really. Especially those women who are obsessed with new facial products, those who keep their skin a top priority and also those who have needs and maintenance when it comes to keeping their skin glowing. If you have dry skin, if you suffer from serious acne or a few blemishes, if you have large pores- this brush will be a godsend. Like I stated earlier, I saw results within DAYS of using this. Keeping in mind, I was using the Nutregena Wave beforehand, which I thought was just the greatest thing... NOT. It doesnt stand a chance against my Clarisonic, not even close. Plus I got sick of spending money on those expensive pads that you needed to attach. I dont have that problem with this- I can use any product i want, and can change them anytime I want. Well worth every penny ladies! Honestly! <

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by npage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had my Clarisonic now for about a year and unfortunately dropped it on the bathroom floor and it stopped working (it still buzzes but doesn't vibrate to clean your skin, so obviously something is loose inside). I tried to contact the (then) distributor without success and tried again last week, to now find that L'Oreal Luxury are now the Australian agents. Great, I thought - a big company who would be able to help. Wrong. After speaking with their Consumer Affairs line today I am so much more than disappointed - unfortunately they say you cannot repair the handset as it is a sealed unit, so the only option available if they stop working is to buy another one. I think not! A really great product but I can't understand why, as it is an expensive unit, that it is unrepairable!! Not happy.