August 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Matte Suede - Emerald City

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by loopymonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I paid 1 for this in Poundland and kind of feel like I've robbed Revlon, its not totally matte in my opinion so I added a matte top coat and it looks even better,the matte finish coupled with the shimmer gives the polish a velvety look, super fast drying time.
Im gonna head back to poundland and pick up the other matte suede shades they had in stock today.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by irrelephant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This colour looks better in the bottle than it does on the fingernails. I can see someone with very long nails pulling it off but it just looks dull on mine. I guess I was hoping for something elegant like a matte black with a green shine to it, but instead it just always looks "half finished". It dries quickly enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by annamil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like Emerald City. I love the dark green colour, with the hint of a sparkle. my friend got it for her birthday and it was love at first sight. i have looked out for it ever since and found it last week for $7 NZD which is a bargain, as it is $25 normally. I have to say I was one of the people who fell into the trap of not realising it was matte, but am not bothered, it was just a surprise. i really love this colour. perfect for autumn and winter which i am just coming into :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by csilvestri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color, only I dislike the matte portion of it. It is a beautiful color, dont get me wrong, I just think it looks too dull for me. I love adding a top coat, making it shine and sparkle. It dries quickly and lasts a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by BerryObsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this polish. What originally drew me to this polish was the name because The Wizard of Oz has been my favorite movie since I was 4 but it just so happened that I loved the color as well. I had never tried a matte suede polish before so I was unsure of what to expect. The polish applied very well on my nails and after applying two coats I applied a top coat making it look the way it looks in the bottle...a gorgeous emerald green color with a slight green shimmer to it. I recommend trying this whether you like the matte look or if you like a more polished shiny look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by stephiesaurus

This colour is gorgeous and the right shade of green for me. It goes on evenly but is a little bit more stubborn to remove. The polish works best with two coats and a top coat for gloss, otherwise, the polish can chip after a few days. If you want a good, shimmery shade of green nail polish, go for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Junebug85

I love this nail polish colour, it has a tiny hint of silver shimmer in it and it is so versatile. Its matte suede finish looks really unique, and you don't need a base or top coat for this finish. You could however apply a top coat to give it a nice shine. It dries easily and quickly compared to the other Revlon nail polish, not sure why, but that's a good point. 2 ways to wear it, just the right shade of green i was looking for, deep green with a hint of shimmer, good quality, well worth the buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Emerald city is a matte dark green that contains some shimmers in it.but,it stays matte,so,if you put a top coat,it becomes shiny!last long with a top coat,nice color for xmas,you can put gold glitters,black crackled nail polish over it!love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I bought this when it was on sale. I like the color in the bottle and also liked the name, I'll admit I didn't realize that this was a matte finish polish. I think based on the name "Emerald City", I was expecting something that really shined and sparkled. And I am willing to be that other people looked at the name and not the "matte suade" printed on the bottle. It does look very pretty with a glossy top coat.

The problem is that it chips quite easily. And whenever I use this I end up taking it off after a couple days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a matte forest green wiht a little shimmer. It's nice and you can apply a top coat and make it glossy too. This is an easy matte to apply and drys really smooth and nicely.