Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Astrigent

2.5

on 2/26/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this since I was 14 and I am now 25. I absolutely love it and it is one product I just have to have! Despite the name I also rely on this product to 'keep the spots at bay'. The salicylic acid in this is at an effective concentration and I will begin to develop a spot or 2 after a week of not using this product. This won't remove blackheads completely, but it will stop them from becoming extremely large and noticeable. However, I have pretty robust combination skin and I do reckon this wouldn't be suitable for those with dry or sensitive skin types.

on 9/11/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I miss this formula. It actually worked pretty well for my blackheads and helped just a little with my shine.

on 12/22/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Never again! This was my first toner I ever bought and back then my skin was in desperate need of TLC... Did nothing! I yet to find something that does anything for my blackheads... Odd smell and greasy

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using in combination with the dual action moisturizer for the last 2 weeks. In just a short time my blackheads have pretty much cleared up. I'm currently only using once a day so I don't dry out my skin. Bottle has a flip up cap, contains 235ml. Purchased for about $7 CAD. Will repurchase.

on 3/9/2013 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well it doesn't do any miracles but it's an ok product. It contains some alcohol so it can be a little drying but not too much. I don't like the smell, but I got used to it. It doesn't clear any blackheads, but it doesn't break me out either. It's good for removing make-up residues but don't expect anything else from it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I ended up having an allergy with this product.Shame on you Clean & Clear!

on 7/22/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually found this product lingering around in my cupboards so I don't remember how much it costs.
This Astrigent doesn't get read of blackheads, which it's supposed to do. The only thing I like about this astrigent is the fact that it really tightens my pores.
Also, this cleanser doesn't dry out my skin, which most cleansers do.
I gave this product 4 lippies because even though it doesn't clear blackheads, personally I like it as a cleanser.
This astrigent does have a strong scent, but it doesn't bother me that much. I just suck it up and use it on my face so that my pores aren't gigantic.
I don't think I would buy this product again because it doesn't do what it's mainly supposed to do; and that's get skin clear of blackheads. Also it burns if I had freshly scrubbed my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Concerning toners, I tend to prefer the ones with a small amount alcohol in its formula, even though dermatologists advise people with oily skin to avoid it. If they are alcohol-free they do nothing for my complexion - tested and guaranteed.
Taking this into account, I tried Clean&Clear's astringent without great expectations. The only thing I wanted was a toner strong enough to close my huge pores, make the clean feeling of freshly washed face last longer and which didn't cost a fortune (am I the only one who notices how expensive astringents have become these days?). Check, check and check.
But, of course, there are counterparts: this toner doesn't have just a little bit of alcohol - it has a lot. When I spray it on the cotton pad (I always put the toner in a spray bottle to use it more sparingly) the smell is so intoxicating it almost makes me sneeze. With such a strong concentration of alcohol, it obviously makes the skin feel so tight after applying it that almost cries for moisturizer. Last but not least, it does nothing to clear blackheads, it's just a regular toner, so it might deceive people who actually need to get rid of them. But it does help me to control the oily shine so there is no reason not to buy it if that's all you wish.

on 11/27/2011 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Despite what I have read is good for my skin type (dry and sensitive), I still wanted to try using toner. My Mother uses toner and recommend this to me. It burnt my skin and caused it to be red for several days. I cannot really speak to how others skin will react, especially since it causes my Mom no problems, but I am scared off toners and this entire brand now.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This didn't worked for me and leaved my skin sticky and red. A miss.