September 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

Toners - Clean & Clear - Blackhead Clearing Astrigent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I miss this formula. It actually worked pretty well for my blackheads and helped just a little with my shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again! This was my first toner I ever bought and back then my skin was in desperate need of TLC... Did nothing! I yet to find something that does anything for my blackheads... Odd smell and greasy

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using in combination with the dual action moisturizer for the last 2 weeks. In just a short time my blackheads have pretty much cleared up. I'm currently only using once a day so I don't dry out my skin. Bottle has a flip up cap, contains 235ml. Purchased for about $7 CAD. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well it doesn't do any miracles but it's an ok product. It contains some alcohol so it can be a little drying but not too much. I don't like the smell, but I got used to it. It doesn't clear any blackheads, but it doesn't break me out either. It's good for removing make-up residues but don't expect anything else from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Appleinletree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ended up having an allergy with this product.Shame on you Clean & Clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually found this product lingering around in my cupboards so I don't remember how much it costs.
This Astrigent doesn't get read of blackheads, which it's supposed to do. The only thing I like about this astrigent is the fact that it really tightens my pores.
Also, this cleanser doesn't dry out my skin, which most cleansers do.
I gave this product 4 lippies because even though it doesn't clear blackheads, personally I like it as a cleanser.
This astrigent does have a strong scent, but it doesn't bother me that much. I just suck it up and use it on my face so that my pores aren't gigantic.
I don't think I would buy this product again because it doesn't do what it's mainly supposed to do; and that's get skin clear of blackheads. Also it burns if I had freshly scrubbed my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Concerning toners, I tend to prefer the ones with a small amount alcohol in its formula, even though dermatologists advise people with oily skin to avoid it. If they are alcohol-free they do nothing for my complexion - tested and guaranteed.
Taking this into account, I tried Clean&Clear's astringent without great expectations. The only thing I wanted was a toner strong enough to close my huge pores, make the clean feeling of freshly washed face last longer and which didn't cost a fortune (am I the only one who notices how expensive astringents have become these days?). Check, check and check.
But, of course, there are counterparts: this toner doesn't have just a little bit of alcohol - it has a lot. When I spray it on the cotton pad (I always put the toner in a spray bottle to use it more sparingly) the smell is so intoxicating it almost makes me sneeze. With such a strong concentration of alcohol, it obviously makes the skin feel so tight after applying it that almost cries for moisturizer. Last but not least, it does nothing to clear blackheads, it's just a regular toner, so it might deceive people who actually need to get rid of them. But it does help me to control the oily shine so there is no reason not to buy it if that's all you wish.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by darkbloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Despite what I have read is good for my skin type (dry and sensitive), I still wanted to try using toner. My Mother uses toner and recommend this to me. It burnt my skin and caused it to be red for several days. I cannot really speak to how others skin will react, especially since it causes my Mom no problems, but I am scared off toners and this entire brand now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This didn't worked for me and leaved my skin sticky and red. A miss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

been using this product for 16 months, following exfoliation with the clean & clear gentle daily scrub.

after switching to the mini-pill breakouts became commonplace, accompanied by huge pores around my cheeks and blackheads on my nose. regular use of clean & clear blackhead clearing astringent as part of my daily skin care routine has proven to reduce, and in fact nearly eradicate flare-ups. pores are considerably smaller and not nearly as many are visible. skin feels fresh and cleansed without feeling tight or cold.

p.s. make sure none of it gets on your lips - talk about a weird sensation / taste.