L'Oreal HiP Crystal Duo - Charming

1.6

on 11/15/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this thinking the HIP products were all about intensity and hearing the good things. Mainly I wanted to find a great purple since I have so many, but few are that right shade, and the other colors just didn't appeal to me. But it's not quite as intense on as it is in the container, and it flakes like CRAZY so that's disappointing. It's just ok. I use it sometimes, but I wouldn't bother to go out and buy it. I eventually just chucked it.

on 4/18/2012 9:28:00 AM

These colors were so pretty in the pan, and I've had good results with some of the HiP metallic shadows, so I decided to buy this (not realizing this was 'crystals', not metallics). So regret wasting my money without first checking MUA!!! There is so much fallout, with huge chunks of glitter- not attractive! And the colors don't look great either once applied. I looked like a hot mess with these shadows on. Don't waste your money like I did!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is terrible.
CONS:
-tons of fallout.
-color payoff is awful.
Contrary to the name, this eye shadow is not pigmented it at all. The colors look gorgeous in the pan. The light silver side turns out very sheer and is just sparkly with no color. The purple side looks like it would be very intense..no, not at all. I packed on the purple color to my eye, even applied with a wet brush, and still could not get it to show true to its color. I would never buy a L'oreal HIP shadow again. The color payoff is just too horrible.
There are no PROS.

on 3/21/2011 11:29:00 PM

Lots of fallout, but if you love super glittery white/silvers and are not afraid of the fallout (a good example would be kitchsmas). you'll love this. to me, the white/silver is very much like the white side of Nars' pandora... it's a just very OTT, but there's a time and place for that, too. Just pack it on with a wet brush, clean up the fallout, and you have a glitter explosion on your eyelid.

on 10/18/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

What a disappointment! I though paying up a little for this great looking "heavy pigment" eye shadow would be worth it, especially since it was L'oreal. This looked like lovely colors in the package, but when I put it on, it didn't look even close. It was just a bunch of light glittery powder. Not only that, it didn't stay on my eyelid - you know when a cheap powder falls below your eye to the top part of your cheek. I paid $8 for this stuff and it is going back to the store!!! Don't bother ladies - go to Sephora and get some better quality product