April 18, 2014 | 1920 users online

Hair - Mane 'n Tail - Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is all over Youtube. People really love this and the matching shampoo. So I saw it on sale for 2 dollars for a HUGE bottle of conditioner (they were out of the shampoo) so I grabbed it.

It looks like yellow yogurt. And it has the same consistency, kinda watery. It smells weird.

As a rinse out conditioner, it does nothing. I feel no difference and my hair doesn't feel moisturized or softer.

As a leave-in, it makes my hair feel sticky even if I only use a little.

This might work on people with thinner hair, but not on me. I need a bit more moisture than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I use this conditioner together with the shampoo. This conditioner does a good job for my hair. It makes my hair smoother and manageable. However, I am not sure about the hydrating effect.

The texture of this conditioner is quite thin. I usually applied this conditioner in the end of my hair, as my scalp is really oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used this with the shampoo (I LOVE the shampoo), but this one... Just doesn't work for my hair!

My hair is dry, damaged and tend to get frizzy easily.
This conditioner did almost nothing. It was okay, but my hair just needs something with a lot more moisture. I found my hair to be not soft or smooth at all after this.
This conditioner is also really thin and runny in texture, and I prefer thicker conditioners or masks since they most times moistruise the hair much better.
(the macadamia hair masque is my fave, together with the tresemme natural condioner)

- If your hair is on the normal/oily side or is just healthy itself, I think this would work great for you! However if you need something heavy moisturising, this isn't it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I was in the mood to try something new. I have straight, oily, thick-but-fine hair.

It smelled awful, I needed a really big glob of it to make it through my hair (old conditioner only needed a small amount), it left my hair very frizzy, and I had BY FAR the worst tangled hair afterwards!!! (I've never needed a detangling spray after showers...I spent about 10min combing it out. Usually it doesn't even take a minute to comb after a shower)

It doesn't weigh hair down at least - my hair doesn't get the greasy feeling after 18hrs like it does with my other conditioner.

I'm sure it works really well for some people, but it did not work at ALL for me...I've used it twice, and now it's going to retire to be used on my pet cow's tail.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: hairs growing like crazy, healthiest my hairs been, soft, added volume, thicker, smells good, doesn't weigh hair down, split ends aren't as noticeable Cons: none(:

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Megan18613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this and the matching shampoo in an effort to make my hair grow. It definitely does encourage growth, but my hair doesn't feel at all moisturised or soft after using this.Also, I find it doesn't make it any easier to comb through (even while wet) or style.

The smell is nice, very clean and like freshly cut grass - in a good way. The price was very reasonable: only £8 for both the shampoo and conditioner on amazon.co.uk. So, if you're looking for a quick growth spurt try Mane 'n' Tail, but if you want a reliable conditioner that will moisturise and soften, keep searching.

Pros:
+ Helped with growth
+Smells good

Cons:
+ No noticeable softening or detangling

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jabberwalkie

I like this conditioner well enough. I already have pretty long hair so idk about it making my hair grow faster but I do like that it makes my dark hair really shiny and I can use it as a leave in on days my hair gets a little crazy on me. I have natural waves in my hair that I think became more noticeable when I started using this

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my HG conditioner. it makes my bleach damaged hair and makes it soft and silky. it also takes my frizzy loose curls and makes the perfect and natural with out any heat. have repurchased this 6 times and the bottle lasts forever since it's huge. i do have to transfer some into an old victoria's secret body wash bottle so it fits in my shower

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by OOMF

I bought this at my local Dollar General for $3. I was in need of a good conditioner to help repair my dry damaged color treated hair. This conditioner really worked, my hair was FRIED but after using this, I can now say my hair is manageable and shiny (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mane & Tail has been around for years - and you can use it on humans, dogs and horses (and maybe even other mammals - who knows?) The creamy conditioner is a decent product but i took off lippies for the buildup (for me - I have dry, fine, color-treated hair) it builds up within a week if I use it daily or co-wash (Do not reccomend that).

Otherwise it is good in the winter for intermittant use. I also am not keen on the smell. (So a lippie off for that).

A tried & true product - good but not a HG for me.
Low price.