December 19, 2014 | 994 users online

Hair - Mane 'n Tail - Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had several packets of this conditioner along with the coordinating shampoo that I took with me for use while I was away on vacation. I used this for 2 weeks straight so I feel like that was adequate to give this a proper review. This is a leave in conditioner and like that since it is one less step and quickens my shower time. This was easy to apply over my damp hair. I had to use quite a bit since my hair is long and very dry. I was able to just barely comb through my hair with a wet hair comb but it took some work as this does not leave a silky slippery feeling like other conditioners I have used. It did not leave my hair scented as I like when it's clean and fresh. It worked in well and conditoned my hair in preparation for heat styling. My hair still felt dry and I really wanted to really like this and even with a positive impression going into this based on reviews and all the raves I've heard about this but I just soooo wasn't impressed. It's not worth all the hype. It served it's purpose but just barely. I have used much better products for conditioning. Maybe this works great for some people, but it really didn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by eyre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mane 'n tail conditioner works really well with my hair (despite its initially off-putting thin consistency), and based on the ingredient list, is silicone free! I like to use it on my ends in the showre, and sometimes I use it as a leave in. I use it a lot as a mask, too--just mix 4 parts conditioner with 1 part aloe and 1 part honey. Warm it up a little in the microwave, and apply! (recipe originally from http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). It smells pretty nice, is pretty cheap (around $8 for 32 oz where I am), and that huge bottle lasts forever. Only downside is theat 32 oz of product is a little unwieldy--I solve that problem by putting it in a smaller bottle, and refilling when the bottle gets empty (I use a condiment squeeze bottle).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Really enjoy this line. I used it when I was younger and silly me thought I should use other products. I am not back to using this and love the shine and softness it gives my hair.
Even after the first wash you could see a big difference. I love that the scent is not a fruity one and LOVE that the scent lingers on my hair well after washing, none of my others do this.
I use it on my daughter who is now 6 and she has super long healthy haid well past her bottom. We have to keep trimming just to is doesn't get any longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff! My hair is baby fine and quite thin, so it breaks off easily. This is a protein conditioner so it helps strengthen my hair, but if I use it too often it makes my hair drier, I think they call it "protein overload", so I alternate with Matrix Conditioning Balm. I'm not a fan of the smell, it smells like cheap liquid hand soap. And I have to use a lot of it since it's thin and watery, but I only paid $2.50 for it and I bought two 16oz bottles so the price is justifiable :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by anotherwise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Two bottles and counting. My hair loves this stuff. It only means one thing: I am part horse! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just picked this conditioner up at Kroger's along with the matching shampoo, Each was only $5.99 for a huge 32 oz bottle. I actually read the directions for once, and I'm glad I did, or I wouldn't have kept this on nearly long enough. According to the directions, you need to leave this on between 1-2 minutes. I think a lot of people who complain of dryness while using this product aren't keeping it on long enough. I also discovered (through the magic of reading) that this can be used as a leave-in conditioner. Wow, cheap and versatile!

So this is how I use it. First, I cleanse with the matching shampoo. Then I spread a quarter size amount of this through my short hair and wait approximately two minutes before rinsing. Then I towel dry my hair and add a dab more conditioner to my hair as a leave-in. Finally, I blow dry. The result is super soft hair with plenty of body.

One thing that impresses me about this conditioner is the protein in the form of hydrolyzed collagen. According to what I've read, if the protein isn't hydrolyzed don't even bother, because it's just going to get washed down the drain. Hydrolyzed protein is broken down in such a way that it's small enough to attach to the tiny cracks and fissures in the hair shaft making the hair stronger. Just keep an eye on your hair. Some hair is "protein sensitive" and becomes dry if it gets too much protein. In which case, you'll need to rotate this conditioner with other non-protein conditioners.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I don't know how they can call this stuff a conditioner, when all it did was dry my hair out horribly. My hair was left a very dry and tangled up looking hot mess! This line is horrible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG conditioner. It makes my hair so strong, soft, and shiney. I have curly hair and my curls absolutely love this stuff. It adds the perfect daily dose of protein to help stop breakage and calm frizz. I would say that this helped my haor grow, however it has also made my hair more texturized or curly so it doesnt appear to be much longer which doesnt realy bother me cause my curls look fuller and prettier overall. And i know it will be really long if i straighten it. The one thing i dont like about this is the smell. It smells very natural and earthy (which means there's no perfume in it to dry your hair out) but i dont mind too much because the smell doesnt linger in my hair. Definitely recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by peachyyyy

This conditioner is cheap but not very good. I've used it for the past few months and have gotten split ends far quicker after my trims than before, probably because this conditioner is not moisturizing enough. It's not terrible, it just hasn't done anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is all over Youtube. People really love this and the matching shampoo. So I saw it on sale for 2 dollars for a HUGE bottle of conditioner (they were out of the shampoo) so I grabbed it.

It looks like yellow yogurt. And it has the same consistency, kinda watery. It smells weird.

As a rinse out conditioner, it does nothing. I feel no difference and my hair doesn't feel moisturized or softer.

As a leave-in, it makes my hair feel sticky even if I only use a little.

This might work on people with thinner hair, but not on me. I need a bit more moisture than this.