September 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth and Natural Matte Powder Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

THIS IS A VERY CHEAP PRODUCT. For just over 2 dollars you get a nice very high quality matte bronzer and let's face it, a matte bronzer is hard to find. This is an amazing one, your search is over.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

I am so glad I tried this bronzer! You can't beat the price, and the quality is amazing! I almost bought a very expensive MAC bronzer for much more, and I'm so glad I held off! I've been using Elf's bronzer, which is also great, but has a ton of sparkle. NYC's Sunny is the perfect sparkle-free bronzer for me.
This bronzer is very buildable. It starts off very light and soft on the skin, but you can layer it to achieve a really beautiful contour. It is very natural and doesn't look too muddy or dark. I do have to apply a good amount of the product because my skin is on the tan side, so I'm not sure how effective it would be on more pigmented skin because of how light it is.

I have sensitive skin and haven't run into any issues with Sunny. This is a great inexpensive find. Give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Favorite bronzer I've ever used! You get SO much product for the price, too. It doesn't look it, but I've been using it every single day and you can barely tell. It glides on perfectly and lasts all day without fading. Perfectly matte, no shimmer, no shine, just as matte as it claims. It SHOCKED me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jessicalynnr

For the price, I think this product works very well. I use it when I want a subtle contour with my e.l.f blush brush. It's not an overwhelmingly dark contour shade, but it's dark enough to slim my face. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing the 720A matte Sunny pressed powder. I love the standard Sunny 720 powder and wanted to try the matte version (I don't find Sunny 720 to have shimmer or glitter). I could apply the 720 with 168se brush and not over do it, but with the matte version it went on too dark for me. I'm a neutral light/medium (NW/NC 25) and would have to use a light hand for it to show up as the regular one so it's not really worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by VanGhoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite drugstore bronzer hands down!
Nothing orangy about it, perfect shade or contouring or all over glow.
I love the large simplicity of the packaging, I love that I can fit any brush in it. Of course the sponge it comes with is useless but that goes without saying and really doesn't matter with this one.
I have large pores so I definetly use a primer under it or it goes crazy dark in them pores. Last 5 hours, blends well, looks great with all my blushes. I'm so in love that I'm already in fear of not being about to find it in a few months so I already picked up another Golden Glow. $3 at my drugstore!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

I'm surprised that there aren't any reviews of this product on MUA, especially since this was part of Summer 2010's limited Sun Soaked collection. These displays are still up in some drugstores, although I haven't seen many of the bronzers left. I stumbled upon them while looking for an inexpensive, drugstore bronzer to experiment with. These fit the bill because of the price and shades that looked like they would work on my tan skin. I started with the Golden Glow shade, which has a reddish-brown tone that looks a few notches more sophisticated than pink blush on my skin. Really liked it, so also picked up the Sun Glow shade, which is less ruddy and more of a true, brown bronzer. Also worked great on my skin, and had more of that bronzer effect and less of a brownish blush look. Neither looks muddy or dirty on me - they just add some sophisticated warmth. In terms of the formula, this is incredibly smooth with absolutely no shimmer. Lasts for about 4-5 hours. This product also gets points for the basic packaging - a large, square, flip-top, with a lot of bronzer in there. No useless brushes, mirrors, or hidden compartments. Perfect size for dipping larger brushes into. Definitely worth the $5 or $6 if you can still find one.