October 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by LoveJasonA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used the regular Purity cleanser, and thought I would try the cleansing cloths since I normally use the ones that MAC makes. I HATE these. They are not effective at all, usually have to use more than one to get my face feeling clean (and then I still feel the need to use something else to cleanse my face). I really expected more, but hey, you don't know until you try.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by monparapluie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These did not remove my makeup as well as the Neutrogena wipes do. Also, this product did cause a stinging/burning sensation that was very uncomfortable. I had to wash it off right away. I would not dare try to remove eye makeup with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Puresimple1

These did not work for my face !! Broke me out, doesn't remove enough makeup. Like other reviewers said neutrogena wipes work much better at a fraction of the cost! So glad I got this in my gratis from philosophy, otherwise....not worth the $26 for 20 wipes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by kristenn

These wipes are horrible on my face!! I got the actual cleanser from sephora for my 100-point perk and loved it, so I picked up the wipes, thinking they'd be perfect. Boy was I wrong! I'm using them up because I dropped $20 on them but they make my face so red and tingly!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Lolat81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the new and improved packaging and product of philosophy cleansing cloths. The package closes nicely so the wipes do not dry out. They smell awesome and clean the makeup off my face so I don't ruin all of my white wash cloths. However they do not do a superb job with removing eye makeup. But no cloth I have ever used has . I usually use the generic neutrogena makeup removing wise that are about 30 in a pack for $5. They are much more economical than the purity ones. But if I want something more luxurious I use the purity wipes. I don't think they do a better job at removing makeup than the cheap ones. It came in a pack with purity made simple at ulta. I wipe my makeup off with the wipes then follow up with the purity made simple wash and a warm wash cloth. I have no makeup left over on my face when I swipe my face with my aqua glycolic toner. Then I follow up with the aqua glycolic face cream (awesome btw). Great routine that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I have a love hate relationship with the philosophy brand- until now i have hated every facial skin care product i have tried from them-moisturizer, eye cream, facial wash, spot treatments etc. the only thing i ever loved was their 3-in-1s which i only used as shower gel never as bubble bath or (shudder) shampoo. but i digress since this is a review for the facial cleansing cloths. knowing my usual disdain for all philo skin care i only tried one because i had a couple individual sample packets from sephora and had run out of my olay facial cloths. this worked well but tingled a little. alot easier to use than the olay ones that had to be washed off and i am all about easy so i considered buying them online. However at $20 they seemed a little pricey so i opted for another kind and didnt think much about it until i was at marshalls waiting for my daughter outside the fitting room and a pack of them were sitting right there on the counter beckoning me. only 12.99 so i got them and am very satisfied with them. not really feeling any tingling anymore and i find that they take off all my eye and facial makeup (and i wear alot) so i would repurchase at the lower price definitely!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

I received a free sample of this from Sephora. This product has less makeup removing power than Neutrogena cloths, which is cheaper. Also, the formula seems a bit harsh considering it gave my face quite a burning sensation. I would suggest giving Neutrogena cloths a shot before you try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To all the women who complain:

You have to find what's right for you. If it burns your skin, it's not right for you. So return them and don't buy them again. Simple as that.

I've bought two of the packages when they were half off. I actually love them. If I'm tired, in a hurry or need extra makeup removal, I use them. I don't really notice a burn except around my nose and mouth which has always been sensitive. I just rinse it off with water or leave it. These don't remove as much as a liquid cleanser will, but they are good enough. I bring them to work and wipe off my face if I've smudged something or sweat so much (hot climate where I live) and need to touch things up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by gwilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried these for the first time last night and...hated it!
It clearly states on the packaging, "mild tingling may occur on initial application" but that is a serious understatement. After using these, I would describe it more as burning, not tingling and my skin is by no means sensitive. Second, it did not remove my makeup very well. I had to go over my face a few times to get it all off. When I was done It left a sticky film on my face and I felt like I needed to rinse afterwards. This is definitely NOT a "One-Step" as they claim. I'd never by these again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by vcole825

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I generally like Philosophy products, but this one was a total failure in my book. I hoped it would be perfect for on the go cleansing, but instead it left my skin burning and red. This is a product that ended up in the trash which was a shame considering it's price.