July 24, 2014 | 1981 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - rouge allure extrait de gloss 60 Exces

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been a smokey eye/nude lip gal for years, it suddenly occured to me a month or so ago that next year I am going to be turning 30 and have never worn a red lip...ever. Am I missing out? Are there more important things to be thinking about as I veer towards my fourth decade? Sure there is. But right now, let's talk Chanel. Let's face it, if you want to buy a statement lipstick, it's got to be Chanel. So up I wandered to the display, thinking, 'do I dare to wear a red lipstick?'. Turns out, no I don't. The colour was too bold, too "solid", too "LOOK AT ME!!!" for me. But I do get shown this beautiful lipgloss Exces which makes your teeth look whiter, makes you look all kinds of naughty without being slutty and is quite frankly the sexiest colour I've ever seen on myself (even if I do say so myself). The colour is amazing and bold, but fades relatively quickly to an incredible bitten raspberry lip which is just as good as the gloss when it's just been applied. Do I mind that a 25 lipgloss fades within an hour? No, it's worth every penny. I'll keep on buying this as long as I can afford it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There's a certain kind of thrill in pulling out a sleek tube of Chanel lipgloss and touching up your lips in public. Add to that the fact that you're applying a deep glossy red and a roomful of raised brows is guaranteed.
Excess is not a prostitute red. It's a deep, neutral, slightly opaque, glossy, light gloss that looks great on its on or over a lipstick. When applied the colour reminds me more of cherries than tomatoes, blood or strawberries. I wear NC 40 in Mac and this manages to make me look sophisticated but not older.
It's safe to wear to the office - though I wore it once with winged eyeliner and a colleague asked me if I was headed to Paris to dance the Can-Can (he was being nice, but he picked up on the Paris-chic reference).
It's pretty moisturising. I find I don't need lip balm underneath. And yet it's not so sticky that i have to keep flyaway hair out of my face. The Extrait Glosses stay glossy for 4 hours but don't hold their colour for very long. The Exces fades to a pale red which is very pretty.
I would recommend that you wear this read with some foundation. On their own glossy reds can look out of place if you wear them with blotchy skin or a sallow rough-textured complexion.
The gloss tube is heavier than other brands, but the applicator is pretty neat - like a doe-foot on both sides, allowing you to make that all-important M shape on the bow of your lips.
I selected yes on the repurchase question, but I wouldn't buy this again. Not because I was unhappy with this product, but only because Chanel has so many other reds to try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

RIS. Beautiful sheer red color. Looks like I ate a cherry popsicle. The consistency is kind of thick but nothing unbearable. Yummy juicy lips! I'm lt-med Asian w/yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by annasol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really nice lipgloss! Beautifull transparent red colour.Very good if you want to start wearing red lips. Quite expensive though and it does not stay on your lips very long but heh, the colour and package are beautifull. I have the colour emoi as well, very nice as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by chertovka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Based on the reviews and swatches in beauty blogs I was hoping it would be the perfect orange-based red that Im looking for and bought it without trying. And though it does look like that when being photographed, in day light it is a neutral-based red that fades to a pinkish hew on my lips after a couple of hours.
Despite it being a bold "young" wearable red - like the previous reviewer called it - I actually like to wear it sheered our, for just a hint of color and gloss, because it makes the lips look AMAZING (i feel caps it totally justified here!) - fresh, full, juicy, just bitten and kissable, and the overall look - young and glowing.
This gloss has almost entirely replaced my Giorgio Armani Sheer lipstick #6 that I loved for the same effect (but faded quickly).
For reference, Im MAC NC15-20, with very distinctive yellow undertones and most lipsticks with even slightest cold tones turn me into a drowned-in-cold-water person. (=

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Yessss! This new Chanel gloss is the absolute winner !! First of all let's start with the packaging. It is the big version of the RA Laque, the testers are see through but the actual gloss you purchase isn't. This confused me at first so I double checked to make sure I bought the correct one. Now on to the tip, it is not a brush but a velt applicator. This feels like it was custom made for my lips. Very precise application is possible because of the narrow tip at the top. Now the colour; this red is a red that will suit all skintones. Because it's a gloss it's a fresh, high sheen, young red which gives an instant colour and youthful look to your face. The best thing is the staying power. This gloss is addictive and since I have purchased I have used it every day! Normally I don't wear red lips often because it's too opaque and heavy looking. Because this is a gloss it's more versatile and you can wear it easy with all types of outfits. For people who care about scents, it has a very faint sweet smell which is pleasant but not overpowering at all. All in all I totally recommend this for yourself or as a luxury present for your girlfriends. Oh I forgot to say I don't use a lipliner with this gloss, it's not needed. This gloss does not bleed and is very buildable. Go get it, you will not be sorry that is a guarantee. Have fun!