April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Shampoo - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by manumica13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this product back in October when I was battling a dry scalp and flakes caused by the dry scalp (like every fall and winter here in Quebec). After having tried every other option and having found that nothing worked, I resorted to using a sulfate-free shampoo with very little hope that it'd work. For some reason that I can't recall, I went on the Sally's Beauty website and serched for sulfate free shampoos, and this particular shampoo caught my eye because of the fact that it had Argan Oil in the name and I was already using Morrocan Oil (or Argan Oil) in my hair (for my ends) so I was very familiar with the product and I really liked it. When I first tried this shampoo, one of the first things that I've noticed was that it really didn't lather that much (fact that seems to bother a lot of people) and it didn't really bother me because less foam means less time to rinse the hair, while with my other shampoo the tub was full of suds by the time I was done sampooing and I could rinse my hair for 30 minutes or more and my hair would still feel like it had suds in it. Plus: I was expecting for there to be almost no suds with the One 'n Only shampoo because of the fact that it is sulfate free, and the sulfate is what gives a shampoo its foaminess. Next thing that I noticed: its scent. I can understand why the scent can be overpowerful to some people, but I truly liked it because it is close to the Morrocan Oil's scent so I was sort of used to it already. The shampoo is very gentle and it gave me much more volume than I usually have and bonus: my hair felt less greasy after three days with no washing and if I wanted to, I could've probably gone a fourth day. Price wise, the 12oz. bottle is 9,99$ and it might sound a little expensive, but the bottle lasts forever (my hair measures 33") and I go through it in as much time as I would've gone through the 34 oz. bottle of my previous shampoo. My 33 oz. bottle cost me 23$ and the price is still better than the price of my previous shampoo (Biolage). And lastly, it got rid of all my flakes and I finally have control over my dry scalp.
The one thing that bothers me with the packaging of this shampoo is the fact that for the 33 oz. bottle, the shampoo is hard to get out of the bottle and a pump (Sally's carries some pumps sold separately and I intend to get one for my 33 oz. bottle) would've been better than a regular lid and some lids seem to be faulty, but other than that I really reccomend this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by rockprincess1996

I was curious about trying out Argan Oil shampoo, I was in Sally's one day and so I decided to try it out. I have only used it once so far ( I don't wash my hair that often) But I love it, It smells really good, It's sulfate free and very gentle, something that can be used daily (if you wash your hair daily) I would recommend it to anyone who has dry or damaged hair, it made my hair very soft! As far as the price goes, this is probably one of the most expensive shampoos I've ever purchased, but when I run out I am most likely going to buy more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

After seeing good reviews, I thought I would give the shampoo and conditioner a try. I feel in love with this stuff! My hair is so damaged and this stuff makes hair feel silky and smooth and the smell is so nice and it last all day! The only thing is dislike is you have to use a good amount for it to lather so the bottle uses up pretty fast I picked them up at salley's for $10 each kind of expensive for me but I think it was worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sammymariefox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I previously had platinum blonde hair that was pretty damaged, I've been using this shampoo & conditioner for a while now & I LOVE it! it's the best one I've ever used. you can instantly notice a difference in the feeling & health of your hair. I've tried using less expensive brands thinking maybe they could do the same thing, and nothing has compared anywhere near to this shampoo & conditioner. I also have the restorative treatment and it works wonders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I have keratin treated hair, so I picked this up because of reviews. I liked how it felt, not stiff or weird, and I like how One 'n Only products smell. I have tried a few other sulfate free shampoos that don't feel as nice when you use them. I just bought a Silk Elements one for color since I dyed my hair, but I am switching back to this. This isn't listed for color treated hair but I think it will be ok since it's sulfate free and I like it best out of all the SF shampoos I have. Would repurchase.

Update: Since getting this, I tried the Keratin version from One 'n Only and like that better, and have a new one from Miracle 7 that I haven't tried yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This product is BOMBDIGGITY! I have been trying to get sulfate and paraben free shampoos. And I have been having issues with these 'natural' shampoos either not cleaning as well or leaving my hair life-less. I came across this bottle on sale at Sally's Beauty Supply. Their line of shampoos and conditioners are just what the doctor ordered.

Ingredients contain no parabens and ARGAN OIL. The formula smells amazing and feels nourishing during application. After wash, my hair feels moisturized to the max. and air dries less frizzy than ever before. People are finally noticing my well-defined curls and waves as beautiful.

Overall, I highly recommend this product. I am on my second bottle of shampoo. And I love the conditioner as well. Price was about $7-8 on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by shyidahogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product is a gold mine in a bottle! I had tried all the sulfate and paraben free shampoos on the market until I found this. My hair is fine and curly/wavy, which I straighten with a blow dryer and a warm, not hot iron two to three times a week. My hair was looking pretty dreary, and I was shopping in my local beauty supply store, and discovered this product. I decided to try the sample size, and was instantly in love. Sulfate free but still a luxurious lather. Strong enough to get hair spray out. And moisture galore! My goodness! Some people have commented they absolutely LOVE the way this product line makes my hair smell, and a couple of people complained I smelled "like a hippy" which confuses me, it's more of a woodsy and warm smell. I have used it continuously for almost two years now, and would have a difficult time finding something I like as much as this. With this shampoo, every day is a good hair day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed! This made the ends of my hair dry and crunchy but oily in the scalp. I Ran back my redken. Dont recommend for thick coarse hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by KDReese23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say, I really love this product. Like many African-American women with relaxed hair, it’s a constant struggle to make sure that your hair is staying moisturized and that you’re not using products that do more harm than good. Since sulfate-free products are the latest and greatest, I decided to give this one a try. I was a little hesitant since it was so inexpensive and I did no research on the brand or product (so unlike me). I’ve gone through 2 or 3 bottles of the shampoo and probably 2 bottles of the conditioner and I have been pleasantly surprised! It leaves my hair incredibly soft and even when I blow-dry (I know, I know) it feels great. I will say that it doesn’t lather very much initially but I always shampoo twice and it really lathers on the second go ‘round. It’s a keeper – no need to look at for a high-end product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MES

I received a sample of this at Sally Beauty Supply when I purchased some hair dye. I had the volumizing one, and I was a bit hesitant to use it as volumizing shampoos tend to tangle up my fine, dry hair. The shampoo did fell a tad drying, and it didn't lather much, but it left my hair soft and smooth. The scent is fairly strong, and has an herbal vibe akin to old fashion perfume or incense. Personally I like the scent, but it may not be everyones cup of tea.