December 19, 2014 | 794 users online

Hair Styling Tools - TiGi - BED HEAD Wave Artist

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL STATUS and I'll tell you why. I have thick long straight hair. After using using curling irons and I tried a wand, nothing would keep my hair curled or waved even with loads of hairspray and gel. I should also mention I'm retarded when it comes to styling hair. I bought this after doing some research, and it is the easiest thing to use! I couldn't believe my eyes after it took me 20 minutes max to complete my whole head. I sectioned my hair into 4 pieces, used a heat protectant, and the results were beachy waves. I should mention I've only used this product once and I'm in love with the results. I heard it takes a few times to get a better feel for how it functions, still I watched a tutorial and was very happy with the results. I had the biggest grin, I guess the type you get when you actually achieve the look you wanted which doesn't quite happen to me often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this waver. Great for "mermaid hair" in the summer time. I own this one and the "dual waver"

Heats up in about 1 minutes.
Can handle about 2 inch wefts of hair at a time (I have fine straight hair)
Overall good quality waver for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jadeblu14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this waver!! It creates a really unique style. It takes me maybe 20 minutes to do my long (past my shoulder blades) thick hair. I like to use this on maybe day 2, not on freshly washed hair. This works perfect for my wavy hair, if I go to bed without styling also. I get so many compliments on how pretty my hair looks, and I get asked what I use all the time! Well it's the Bed Head waver. It's easy to use, watch a youtube how to. Spray your hair with heat protector, let it dry, then section your hair and go. My only suggestion is to be careful at the scalp. Don't do it too close or you will burn yourself and create an odd crimp that will make it stick up. Also watch out for bangs. It can be irritating to get them right, especially if they're short. You may want to pull them back. When my hair had shorter layers, I didn't like how it looked as much as I do now that I have longer hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i basically rarely buy styling tools. i'm much like the reviewer newyork00, who has stated fears of curling wands. i have a curling wand that i am still working up the courage to use after burning my fingertips AND my forehead. i have zero skill with these hot metal things, and it saddens me because i want to do beautiful things with my hair. i generally try to curl my hair out of it's typically frizzy (very unattractive) thick wave snarl and wind up with a mess of sausage curl ringlets that make me look like i'm wearing an awful halloween wig. i bought this thing on a whim because it was the right price. i can honestly say that minus fool-proof flat irons, this is the OTHER styling tool that doesn't let me down that you can plug into a wall. i seriously run this thing through my hair and somehow go from looking undone to "undone." sort of like when dudes say they like you with no makeup but they mean they like you with "no makeup." haha. it leaves me with great beachy waves, and i kind of feel like the cuban version of kate from LOST or something, which is way better than feeling like ana lucia because no one liked michelle rodriguez' character anyhow. where was i? anyhow, the really great thing about this is that it's so amazingly simple. you just press your hair in and get fantastic looking bohemian beachy waves. it's really that simple. my only real problem is that it's a large appliance. this is probably not a problem for anyone else anywhere in the u.s. except maybe like, new york city. the curls stay all day, it heats up quickly, there are no burn dangers to speak of! it's beautiful and metallic teal! i just love the darned thing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this tool last year at my local drug store; most of my hot tools are by Bed Head and Beyond the Zone so I knew this tool would be good. The waves it creates are so smooth and you don't have to set the heat on it's highest setting. I do notice that on my hair my right side tends to curl so much better and the waves are much deeper. I do have to use hairspray to keep it tamed because my hair does tend to frizz up if I don't tame it with hairspray. I gave this product a 4 because I have had to purchase this tool 3 times because the plates become loose and the handle area where the plates are attached crack; it's still functional but it's a little harder to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

A wonderful product for girls and women who love that beachy curl hair or elegant waves. One of my top two favorite hair tools for curling. The first time I used it was a little difficult, but you get the hang of it. I recommend watching tutorials videos on YouTube. They are extremely helpful and entertaining! Strongly recommend this product! I have this, curling wand with no clamp, and a normal curling iron and they all give different kinds of curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the easiest hair tool on the market. I am one of those people who can barely get a curling iron to work and am terrified of using the curling wands for fear of burning my hand, so you now have an idea about the level of skill and confidence I am working with.
The waver heats up pretty quickly, you never have to touch anything but the handle, and it actually works!! I was very skeptical because I remember wavers when they came out in the 80s that only worked in the commercials, but this definitely waves your hair. It takes much less time than using a curling iron too because you don't have to keep going over your hair like many flat irons and curlers make you do.
There are tons of videos on You Tube on how to use it. If you are unsure, look at the videos first like I did so you will see how simple it is. If I can use this tool, literally anyone can!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by IslandBlu

I've had this for about 2 years now. I picked it up at Ulta, I can't remember the price tag on it, but figured I wasn't spending a whole lot of money to try this great tool. I have everything from flat irons to different size curling barrels to crimpers.. just not a waver. I love the results this gives! I have thick, straight hair and for the most part I've been lucky enough that my hair can withhold any style. This gives you that beachy/wavy gorgeous look. Very simple to use. As other reviewers have mentioned to check out youtube videos if unsure how to use. It does have a temperature setting so make sure it is adjusted to your hair type. Always use a heat protector spray. I've noticed that I can go about 2-3 days without washing my hair and it will still look gorgeous, of course you may want to use dry shampoo to touch up on the roots if your scalp tends to get oily.

Definitely a great purchase and another wonderful tool to my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first deep waver I bought, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I do like this deep waver a lot. I love these kinds of waves; I used to braid my hair every night, but my problem with braids is that the waves they give start several inches from the root- I wanted waves that go all the way up to my scalp, if that makes sense? This deep waver does that, though I've burned my scalp a couple of times. The waves are very very pretty, mermaid-y, and I like to manipulate the size of the pieces I'm waving to give a little texture to it. I bought it for about $21 on amazon, which isn't expensive for a good heat styling tool. The only reason I give this a 4 is because it does cause some slight frizz at the top of my hair, nothing a serum can't take care of, but it is irritating and I didn't appreciate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by batyah

Literally nothing changes my hair. I have to buy the most expensive flatirons, and organic hair products. I bought this on a whim and it's sooooo easy to use! It took very little time, and stayed in all day. LOVE!!!