November 22, 2014 | 935 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Positively Nourishing 24-Hour Moisturizer in "Soothing"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff a lot. I'm not really a big fan of Aveeno products (except for the moisturizing bar that is IMO the best cleanser on this planet), but I just couldn't resist the pretty bottle ;) so I gave it a try.

This lotion smells lovely! I would describe it as fresh, flowery vanilla. Although it fades quickly on skin, the delicate reminiscence of the scent stays on clothes all day. It spreads easily, sinks in fairly quick, leaves a protective, yet non-sticky, non-greasy film on skin. I use this lotion in the morning and it keeps me (or rather - my skin) happy all day.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 points is because Aveeno claims this lotion to moisturize for 24 h. Unfortunately, not the case. I'm realistic and don't expect wonders from a drugstore lotion, but the info IS misleading. For reference, my skin is on the dryer side, but it's not flaky/scaly and usually an application of a fairly decent moisturizer is enough for 12 h. This moisturizer falls into that category.

I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Ctoth87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! It absorbs in the skin very well, non greasy. I love applying this all over and it leaves my skin so soft and hydrates all day! The other scents are amazing as well i will be getting them all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Pleasant, mild, and light scent that is "barely" vanilla. Very good moisture with no super sticky film left for later like some have. Doesn't upset my sensitive leg skin after shaving.

CONS: Hard to get the last out of the bottle.

ALTERNATES: For something slightly lighter, you may like St. Ives Collagen/Elastin Lotion. For something with a lot more moisture, you can try Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter found in the African-American hair/lotion section at my Walmart.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.