August 22, 2014 | 1169 users online

Lip Gloss - Vapour Organic Beauty - Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I bought this lip gloss in a shade that really does not compliment my skin, but I can comment on the quality of the lip gloss. I love the smell of it, which is fruity but not overwhelming. The brush tickles my lips when I apply it, but it does apply the lip gloss very nicely. This is moisturizing, but wears off quickly. I wish the wear time would be longer, but I still really like this. I hope to try this in other colors which are more flattering.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MegsSister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pleasant to wear, not gloppy. But it doesn't have much staying power, either. And the applicator brush is like a nail polish brush which is a little weird and hinders precision. Somehwat moisturizing, but not that much more than any others I've tried (Dalton, Bobbi Brown).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I purchased this on line at Beauty.com. Their website describes it as "warm clear berry mauve". I think the color is more muted than clear, but I like it. Kind of MLBB. Too bad the staying power is a bit below average. It does not dry out my lips which other glosses have done. Minimal flavor a bit fruity maybe. I don't notice any plumping, but at least they did not add a bunch of irritating essential oils like some of the "plumping glosses" do. I prefer a doe foot applicator and this has a brush. I would repurchase if I found another color I like.
Edit 1-6-13 the staying power is non existent. I don't know if it is my parched lips or not. Plus it is starting to taste more like a crayola which means it could be going bad. dropping to 1 lippie and definitely will not repurchase these!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by VB10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, as the other reviewer has mentioned the staying power of this lip gloss isn't great at all which is a real shame.
I also found the colour descriptions misleading; I am yet to see the full range in person but did order 'pout' based on the 'sheer pinky nude' subtitle. When buying online descriptions such as these are the only way you can make an informed decision when choosing new products and as such I was confident in ordering. However it doesn't fit my view on 'sheer' or on 'pink' or on 'nude'! Don't get me wrong, this isn't a heavy product but is certainly not sheer either. With 'nude' I think sheerish, soft, nude underwear colour, slightly tinted - this is full on brownish-bronze. As for the pink, it is barely there at all, indeed I would call the colour more coral than pink; testing against other items the pink tone comes through against orange based items but against pink goods it looks coral/bronze. When I opened it I immediately thought I had ordered or been sent the wrong colour; to me it fits the descriptions for a combination of 'discreet', 'trust' and 'honor'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Vivid, it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL red color with pink/silver undertones. I love the beautiful shimmer it has from the little sparkles. The container is very elegant looking-- glass bottom with a pretty silver top.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be purchasing this again though. I prefer to use lip glosses that have a sponge applicator (this one is a brush--a little more difficult to apply), and it really doesn't last very long on my lips. It is also a bit runny, and I prefer the formula to be more thick. However, this is the best natural lip gloss I have tried, so if you don't mind re-applying it a lot throughout the day, give it a try! :) Vapour has an excellent return policy and wonderful customer service.
EDIT: Found my new favorite lip product (lip gloss, lip liner, & lipstick in one)! By Priia Cosmetics: http://www.priia.com/pucker_upz.html