September 16, 2014 | 2021 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neosporin - Antibiotic Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Sara243556

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was having a pretty bad breakout on my forehead. All my pimples were red and inflamed. Plus, I picked at them(heads up never pick!! Just makes it worse!) I used a little of this stuff on the bumps covered it with a sterile bandaid and bam! In an hour, I was seeing results. No, this stuff does not make the pimple go away, but it does reduce size, inflammation, and redness quickly. 5 stars!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by butterflylipz

i love this stuff! i have horrible breakouts and i'm 32!!! i'm 100% sure i got it from my parents...i remember them picking at their skin well into their 40's. (great huh? so even with diet, facewashes and medications my body always finds a way to break out again!)

i've even been on two full 6 month courses or Accutane! man that stuff is a pain in the butt...with all the blood tests, pregnancy tests, constant quizes to make sure you remember the strict rules, maintaining a super low fat dies (for some reason accutane raises the lipid/fat levels in your blood). it worked while i was on it and then maybe for four to five months after but came back both times.

so i have just accepted that i will have bad skin till i die.... anyways now i wanna tell you what NEOSPORIN does for me. i haven't found a moisterizer or acne healer better than this stuff and i have pretty much tried everything over-the-counter and about half the prescription stuff out there (only because, and most of you who are like me probably already know this, that insurance is VERY unlikely to cover most acne medications because they don't consider it a disease or a real medical problem! even though it surely is! but they especially won't cover name brand stuff unless you have the really good insurance, and if you do your lucky use it before you lose it!)
neopsorin is such a good price and it can be used for ouches and acne scars or pimples or zits that are going away on their own.

i notice a HUGE difference from when i don't use it on my acne scabs to when i do. just two or three days of putting it on my face as i go about my day....(and yes i have had my son and boyfriend stare at me funny and ask me why my face looks wet? i just tell em it's a girly/ beauty thing and they pretty much shrug it off. but unless your lucky enough hide when you have breakouts or are working through them be prepared to have ppl ask whats wrong if you decide to slather on ointment during the day)
its cool when its all done healing cause i can wash my face and as i gently dry the scabbed areas the dead skin will literally slide away and beautifully perfect skin will appear!!!!
it's pretty cool when it happens. i am pretty positive that it has to do with the combination of oils and special moisterizers in the NEOSPORIN ointment that just babies the skin to it's best condition.

sometimes it put it around my eyes before going to bed to see if it'll help with wrinkles. but haven't been doing it long enough to have an almost certain result. when i find out i will definitely post a review regarding that as well.

sorry about my rambling but hope this review helps you all! good luck!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for bad pimples! Once in a while I get cyst pimples (hard red bump under the skin). I used acne treatments to dry and dry them out until I realized how dry and flaky they were making my skin. One day, I tried putting neosporin on the pimple and covered it up with a band-aid while I slept. The pimple was significantly smaller and less dried-out the next morning. I repeated this for two more nights and my stubborn pimple was almost all gone. Not a miracle cure, but it helps a lot! Any brand will work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is the best for open or scabbed pimples!! it will heal it very fast. if possible, reapply it a few times a day. if not, just apply at bedtime. do NOT get the neosporin cream..get the ointment that has vitamin e and cocoa butter in it. it helps the area to heal without a scar or discoloration.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by xjiyoungg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT FOR ACNE! It works better than benzoyl peroxide and it makes my skin super soft. I usually put it on every night. The only thing I don't like is the smell...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

I do love neosporin for cuts and burns. I don't see that it makes a different with acne scaring though. I use this on the dry patches on my face and even after I get a waxing or threading. I have extremely sensitive eye areas and I noticed that it helps the redness and swelling. I also use this on my lips occasionally which helps. The only thing is you have to be careful not to apply this too often. It breaks down layers of skin and thins it out. Use sparingly and occasionally only. Vaseline is a great alternative to this and is better for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought neosporin would become a HG for so many things for me, but it has. I am using a clear gel ointment form of it, and I swear it has made such a tremendous difference in my skin literally overnight. It is incredibly versatile and you can use it for so many things. I put it on all over my face at night and it somehow manages to deeply moisturise and at the same time, cure and prevent blemishes. It also is a wonderful lip treatment. I have gotten into the habit of only wearing longwear liquid lipsticks which dried my lips a bit and made them cracked and flaky, but a nice heavy layer of neosporin overnight softens and repairs them like no other product, high end or low end, has. It makes a good cuticle creme and cracked heel treatment too, if you don't mind a slight stickiness, and also of course to protect injuries. Of course, you cannot beat the price, especially if you get a generic version (which in my experience has worked just as well as the branded version.) I cannot swear by neosporin enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by sserena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always carry Neosporin in my purse and have done this for at least 20 years. I dab it on pimples, cuts, hangnails, a sore nose, blisters and any irritation that could become infected. I once tried a generic topical antibiotic which wasn't a 3 in 1 and it wa worthless. SInce then, I have been faithful to Neosporin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Now this is a great multipurpose product. I was suffering from chronic dry, burning, flakey lips and needed something that didn't need constant reapplying and that actually works to treat the problem, not just cover it temporarily. I was using the CO Bigelow Rose Salve, and though I like it generally, it just wasn't cutting the mustard for what was going on with my lips. So my mom recommended that I just get a normal tube of Neosporin and using that in place of my lip balm. So I purchased a full tube for about 3 dollars at my grocery store and kept it in my purse and I am glad I did. It really worked to heal my lips and soothe them and negated the necessity for constantly reapplying a balm every 2 minutes. Now that my lips are doing better, I haven't being using it as much, but I keep it in my cosmetics bag just in case. So check your medicine cabinets and use Neosporin if your lips are giving you troubles rather than spending time and money looking for a band-aid solution that doesn't address the real problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by JELo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, in a fit of frustration during an especially dry and flaky lip period, I reached for my trusty tube of Neosporin. Hey, it works to heal cuts and scrapes pretty effectively, so why not my languishing lippies? Lo and behold, the HG of all lip treatments!!!! I swear, this stuff is the ultimate for dry, cracked, painfully chapped lips! A warning: the taste is nasty. Really nasty, but try not and do that and this will work for you everytime. Even my little ones will go and grab the tube themselves when their lips are chapped and by the next morning they look healthy again. I carry a tube in my purse. It's not glamorous but it is totally effective.

Note: for those poor people that are suffering from chronic dryness from Accutane, give this a try. It worked for a friend of mine when she was at her wit's end.

Don't you just love products that are inexpensive little gems that do double-duty!