April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Blondor Oil and Powder Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sherrahhairartist012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a hair stylist and was platinum blonde for two years! This happens to be my HG lightener! It pulls my level 7 hair such a beauiful, pure shade of white with little to no damage. Excellent for corrective color too! Great consistency, use with or without heat... this stuff is the shiz!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since Wella decided to discontinue Wellite (BOOOOOO! I cried when they discontinued Speedlite, an even superior bleach, about 10 years ago), I've been on the search for an equivalent.

Can't get this from Sally's but I get mine from Ebay and have purchased both the Oil Cream mixed (on the scalp and gentle) and the Multi-blonde powder (which is a blue powder). The last time I did my highlights, which were stuck at a kind of orangey-lame yellow, I mixed half oil cream and half powder with the Koleston 20 vol. I also got from Ebay (You don't have to use Koleston's developer--but it's so much better than the ones from sally's). I left Blondor on for about 45 min. without heat.

Voila! Light yellow. I then toned with Born Blonde (also DISCONTINUED WHAT IS THE FREAKIN DEAL????) a semi-permanent Clairol toner.

Blondor is super gentle, effective, and fast. The powder lifts faster than the oil cream but is less gentle to skin. Neither caused breakage or "stretchy hair" syndrome, due to the proteins and ceramides that are built into its structure.

A lot of people like Redken Icing but after asking some of my hairdresser friends, they said it mixes up waaaaaayyyy to thick and that Blondor is gentler. My hair is fine and processed so I'm glad I went with Blondor.

The oil-cream comes in a 7oz tube which is plenty for root touchups and cost 19.95 off ebay. You can get a 32oz tub of powder for around 39, but I bought mine in packets.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No