April 24, 2014 | 1298 users online

Lip Liners - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipliner in Toast 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

wonderful liner for the price the perfect peachy pinky beige - don't be fooled by the names - toast is a lovely neutral the nude is too orangey on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by tressblessed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great nude color for NW 25. Comfortable, goes on smoothly. Keeps lipstick in place. Inexpensive and competes with MAC. What's not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Have been using maybelline lip pencils for years. I much prefer the pencil types tp the push up types as they usually go on more easily and dont break. I loved the 20 shade in nude but I went to get another one as it was only 1" left and they didn't have it. So I picked up toast 25 and I have to say I think I prefer it. It's very natural looking. Lip pencils really help to make your lips look fuller and the colour remains most if the day. None others that I have tried have been as effective as maybellines. I'm a lifelong repurchaser of these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree completely with the reviewer below me - Toast may be the most underrated "nude" shade in the drugstore shelves. Well, at least that is for fairer girls such as myself, with moderately pigmented lips and roughly NC/NW 20-25 skin.

Canada stopped receiving Boots No 7's makeup line, so I could no longer get my hands on my favorite nude liner. One day I went to the drugstore to hung down my perfect replacement product and I picked up 8 "nude" or nude-ish looking shades. Of the 8, Toast is at the top of the pack (tied for #1 with a Rimmel liner). I find that it doesn't dry my lips out or flake at all. This liner doesn't dramatically alter any of the lipstick shades I put overtop and keeps everything in place - no feathering! I can also pair this more naturally with lip glosses, even sheer ones, and it wears very well. It's a good liner for my OCC lip tars, which can feather notoriously even when used sparingly - this holds them in place.

The price is great, the pencil holds up and doesn't crumble under pressure (something I've found with other drugstore lip liners) so I think it's a fantastic value. I will most certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I orginally set out to the Maybelline section in search of a nude liner in the ColorSensational section called Nude (20). I had heard about it from a Youtuber. I picked it up, but then noticed the color next to it, Toast (25). Toast looked a bit more "nude" to me, but I stuck with the Nude one because it was the one mentioned in the video. However, it began to bug me as Nude didn't look that Nude on my lips...it looked peachy brown. So I did my research and went back and got Toast and the Clear lipliner (which is awesome by the way). Toast is sooo much better as a nudish lipliner than Nude on my NW20 skin, rosey brown lips. I can wear Toast alone and have it look right or as a base under any of my lippies (same is true for the Clear liner as well). So don't be fooled by the name. Toast might be your "nude" lipliner of choice.