Avon Pro Color Lipstick and Gloss Duo

4.1

on 11/12/2012 11:32:00 PM

A really interesting packaging and idea! I agree that it's very convinient. The lipstick and gloss quality is good.
I got it in four colors.
Pink Bouquet is a lovely pink. At first I thought that the liptick is too bright for the day, but after I applied gloss over it, it looked perfect. But to me the color of this lipstick feels a little bit cheap (though the gloss is very good!).
I liked this product better in "Perfect Pink". Loved both the lipstick and lipgloss (quality and color).

UPDATE: I added a photo of the product in Pink Bouquet (top photo: just lipstick; middle: lipstick and gloss over it; bottom: only gloss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really fun innovative product! I love when someone finally designs something that makes sense, a lip stick and gloss product in one! Aside from the great , functional design, the lipstick and gloss formulas themselves are great and they mix very well together. If you've ever tried to layer your glosses on top of your lipsticks, the gloss usually breaks down the lipstick and they dont usually stay together for long. This product does both well and both formulas stay on well. I love the Hot Lips (which is a fuchsia with perfectly matching gloss) and the Pink Bouquet (which is a deep mauve lipstick with a light pink gloss) . The lipstick formula feels so soft and comfortable on my lips I sometimes just wear that alone. You will probably spend the first couple of days with this product marvelling at the design (the gloss tube swivels up INSIDE the lipstick, which is hollowed out) and playing with it (like I did). It's a practical and enjoyable product. Alas, it seems like Avon is already pricing this to sell in its clearance bin (started at $10, now it around $5) so stock up on them like I'll be doing!

on 11/21/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this in Poppy Love and I really like the lipstick and the gloss. I prefer to wear a little of the lipstick with the gloss over it since the color is kinda bright for day. The gloss is a nice non sticky consistency but it doesn't last very long. The lipstick applies smoothly and lasts for awhile but it smells like a crayon so I took away one lippie for that...I guess it had to have more wax in it to be hollow and not collapse though.
The packaging is genius and that alone makes me want to buy more.

on 8/9/2011 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like it a lot... it is so easy to use... I love the colors... and I love that I don't have to buy a new lipgloss to match my lipstick!!! it's not long lasting and that is why it's not one of my faves!!!!:(

on 12/13/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this, how ingenious. Inside the lipstick is a gloss. I got this in the color Hot lips which is a fuschia, not the right color for me but still a great idea. I am not a lipstick lover so with the gloss, this makes the lipstick more moist. Why can't other brands (especially high end ones) think of this concept?? Great idea Avon

on 11/12/2010 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this. Period. Lovely colour, applies very nicely, the only downside is that the lipstick finishes wayyyy quicker than the gloss does. Nevertheless, i would definitely repurchase.

on 10/12/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't keep up with Avon brochures, but I saw this online when I was looking up a mark product. They always do introductory prices, so right now it's $7.99. It will be $10, and is already out in the UK. The US has 10 shades, while the UK has 4-6... I believe. I went ahead and ordered two shades in Berry Luscious and Perfect Nude. The Berry is featured on Reese Witherspoon in the ad. This has a very interesting tube, and it's quite convenient because it's a three in one product. You can use the lipstick alone, gloss alone, or lipstick/gloss combined. The lipstick screws down, and a seperate gloss applicator comes up at the same time. Or you can just squeeze the gloss through the center of the lipstick, which is hollow.

Update: I have noticed that the lipstick and gloss both are sheer. So you won't get a full color coverage from these on their own or combined, but maybe some of the other shades have that benefit. The lipstick comes up around the gloss applicator, and the gloss applicator itself has a little bit of foam on the end to cushion your lips so there isn't a hard plastic tip. The bottom gloss compartment spins around freely. I think you get a decent amount to match up with the lipstick though. Overall I think these are a universal product, and great for every day. If you want something dramatic though you might have to look elsewhere.

Popular Lipsticks