July 29, 2014 | 1212 users online

Fragrances - Crabtree & Evelyn - Iris

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Bergygal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thought this fragrance would be great for summer but for me, its got a deep, mildly sweet earthy quality that works well in winter. One spray lasts forever and smells best after about an hour. I typically go for light, white floral & citrus scents, but this is nice and a little spicy but very feminine & my husband likes it (which also surprised me).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have read that this fragrance resembles the old Victoria fragrance from Victoria's Secret that has been discontinued, boo hoo, however Iris is still pretty nice but I find it is nowhere near the old Victoria. I bought a body lotion to try to see how can I get a dupe of Victoria, which is still my favorite of all scents and the lotion is lovely in the aspect that it melts into the skin, and the scent is strong but the sillage only lasts for an hour on me. I can smell Iris on my tank top hours later into the late evening and the scent has simmered down quite a bit into a tolerable and not so strong smell. How I wish I could just have the drydown of this scent it would be a pleasure to wear, but having to wait a few hours for the scent to dissipate hurts my lungs. Still a lovely scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wore Chanel no. 19 for years. Unfortunately it started to smell like a mix of cheap aftershave and dill when I quit eating meat, so I can't wear it anymore. I love iris in perfumes though and this summer I thought I'd get a summer fragrance, one that I'd use up and probably not buy again, no strings attached. I decided on Iris, which I got from Feelunique at an excellent price for 30ml EdT.
The box is lovely and so is the bottle. This fragrance is potent on my skin. After an initial quite woody blast of iris, it settles down to a strange and yet delightful mix of Dior's Fahrenheit (for men) and Chanel no. 19, the way it used to smell in EdT on me. Lasting power is excellent, even though I have dry skin. One spray is the absolute maximum, unless I want people to be able to smell me from miles away.
This is my first encounter with Crabtree & Evelyn fragrances, but I have a feeling I'll be wanting to explore their other scents as well. This makes a nice change to all my high-end fragrances, quite straightforward but not in a simplistic way. A lovely surprise!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dboudreaux8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this perfume today. It smells like the Original Victoria from Victoria's Secret. It has the same top notes, and dries down to the same base. I loved the Victoria and was sorry it was discontinued. This is a good replacement. Try it first, before you buy. It is a strong fragrance and requires some time to appreciate.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I thought I was going gaga. All I could smell was the woody patch quality of Bottega Veneta. But no, I was OK patch and iris are in the listed notes of both. One thing is C&E Iris has better staying power oh and it is about a third of the price. A very pretty, earthy, woodsy scent not heavy on the iris but very nice all the same. Great for everyday use.. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Really bright first on, crystal-cutting citrus with a dusty powdered wood back. All this in a nice way, but it ends invasively sandalwood-y so it's a no-fly. That much sandalwood always gives me a headache. Not sure if I'm allergic or not.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I could not STAND this - had to wash it off. I'm sure it is suited to some people's taste but is very opposite of mine so I hated it. I don't know if it is very iris - if it is , it is a dark, heavy iris with lots of musk. A bit masculine. Too me it reminds me of a drugstore perfume that old woman used to wear. Sorry. Very, very heavy. A little goes a LONG way. Not clean, soft, soapy or powdery at all. There is some note in it that vaguely reminds me of Narciso Rodriquez edt (black bottle) but just vaguely (I like Narciso Rodriquez!) ... Sorry, ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Bassclef

This is such a beautiful fragrance. I bought it the same day as sniffing it--it was instant swoony love! While it is light, it also has good staying power. I can go anosmic to it, but it lingers on my clothes the next day. It's hard to describe: the orris gives it a misty, dusty quality, but it's rich, floral, and not sweet. It's very sexy, not fresh but crisp, clear, austere. Excellently priced as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Whiffnotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A soft, unobtrusive and pretty iris. I wish it had more lasting power on me but for the price, it's a catch!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a gift bottle of this from C & E's FB page when it was launched. The fragrance is very strong and long lasting. I like the scent, so that is good.
It has rose hip and evening primrose oils, and moisturizing shea butter and coconut oil, and is free of parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol and mineral oil.