November 20, 2014 | 2031 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by nadeska07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simply the best foundation I've ever tried. Everything I wanted out of Nars Sheer Glow, I found in VA. While SG was such a disappointment (too matte and dull, too drying, poor staying power) VA gives me such a radiant glow, wears well so that it looks even better as the day goes on and the coverage is perfect (decent without masking the skin and hiding it's natural luminosity). This won't hide pimples or redness so I use Mac PLW concealer for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by andieamaya

I have tried countless foundation products and this is by far my favourite liquid foundation. I have a combination of skin types, oily, sensitive and acne prone but this foundation does really well with my skin type. I have to admit though it wears off so I apply a primer. My skin will always be oily and no foundation will help with that but throughout the day I just set my make-up with the natural matte finish pressed powder by Chanel as well. The bottle lasts me half a year granted that I don't use much. It never looks cakey and it feels fresh. To anyone reading this review, who hasn't tried this foundation, I say try it; it's definitely worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by natao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful natural, fresh, light finish. Perfection. The best. But - terrible staying power. After 3 hours it begins to melt and disappear from the skin - even with primer, powder on top, ud finishing spray. After 5 hours in the office - nothing is left on my skin (i have normal skin). Conclusion: best finish, worst staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emmahutch93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product - nice light/medium coverage with a light, natural feeling. I dabbed some on my cheeks and blended with a brush for application. It always looked flawless and never cake-y or greasy. I love the light scent, too. It makes me feel so fresh when I use it.

Unfortunately, I am too fair even for the lightest shade of this product. I have NC15 skin and tried using the lightest shade - 12 Beige Rose - and it was still too orangey. It was less noticeable with a good amount of blending, and especially more passable in the summer. But with winter coming on I just can't make it work anymore... I plan on buying this again next spring/summer when I'll be out in the sun more. I will miss it!

Tl;dr - Great product, but not a great option if you're super pale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. Nice medium coverage, looks somewhat skinlike. I find it does settle lines here and there, one particular line between my brows that it settles right into :( I have medium dry skin and I think this is too drying for my skin in the winter. It looks best when i wear it over sunscreen.. I think that just means I need more moisturizing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is just beautiful. It smells lovely, feels light and fresh on your skin, and the coverage and finish are just stunning - glowing, but in a natural way, and without imperfections. It glides over dry patches without highlighting them and reduces small pimples and redness to nothing. I bought this for my 21st birthday party and I didn't realise there was SPF in it at the time, but it actually looks gorgeous in photos too - but maybe that's because I'm so pale already I can't tell if there's a white cast! At any rate, it just looks flawless. Easiest, prettiest, most comfortable foundation I've ever used. Staying power is pretty awesome too considering it's not marketed for that! Oil control is average but it stays on in spite of that. Overall just a really beautiful product that is a pleasure to use - and doing your makeup should be a good experience, after all!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Let's get straight onto the review.

CLAIMS:
* easy application.
* lightweight formula achieves "second skin finish".
* luminous glowing "nude" skin.
* and just random off translations...

Claims... well, to be expected, it's very "sensually pleasing to listen to". I guess. The easy application, the lightweight formula, second skin finish, skin that radiates "nude" (I still don't know what that means)? It's done all that.

Except the undiscovered "nude" part...

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.
FEELS: (love) water based products are absolutely lovely and I think this is one of the lightest feeling foundations to the touch.
SMELL: (love) the fragrance of this... smells like any other makeup, but is diluted and slightly floral, old-school. I enjoy it.
TEXTURE: (love) water based, once again, strikes a home ball.
PIGMENTATION: (love) this dries into a sheer finish but it's so buildable! Goes to a medium coverage that covers my under eye circles, veins, redness, and even my blemish marks.
FINISH: (love) natural and radiant just as it claims... lovely as it also doesn't settle into fine lines and masks pores.

APPLICATION: (love) first layer must be with fingers. Sponges and brushes can come after, but for that first layer and when you first put it on the skin, the fingers are your best bet.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Apply over the face using fingers.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:
TIME: (love) surprisingly, this lasts a fairly long time... eight hours before getting my shiny, and with a setting powder, nearly all day...
LOOKS: (love) it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks natural until around this eight hour mark.
WEAR: (eh) like all makeup, it rubs off onto clothing if you scrap, but it's definitely much more stronger than the other BB creams that I have.
REACTION: (eh) nothing bad happened, but nothing good either.
REMOVAL: (eh) fairly easy to remove, but since so much product stays on the skin throughout the day, I always have the double cleanse, using facial wipes prior to my cleansing oil--just in case.

THE PACKAGING:
TRAVEL: (love) plastic makes for easy travel.
SPECIFICS: (eh) the paint bottle is expected, but I feel like from Chanel, they could have done something to make it not so simple.
VANITY: (eh) not the best, but the simplicity of it makes it quite nice.

Very expensive, around fifty dollars.
Even for the price, it's a lovely product and I seriously love it. Flash back in photos? I haven't tried that yet, but since it's a favourite from a lot of makeup artists, I'm assuming it doesn't.
GREAT FOR SHADING. Using 30 Beige around the jawline and on the sides of the nose and it really gives me a three dimensional look!
For makeup: LOVELY.
For skincare: NOT BENEFICIAL, BUT LIGHT AND EASY TO USE.
For dazzling up your vanity?: SIMPLE DESIGN MAKES IT A PLEASANT SIGHT.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by wetheliving

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG. This baby is my go-to failsafe foundation, day in day out for the last 3 years. I'm on my 3rd bottle.

I'm NC30-35, half Asian, combination and sensitive skin, freckles.

I prefer a natural makeup look and want a fast flawless application. I apply this in the morning with my fingers (if it's a new bottle remember to shake it A LOT because the formula will separate and turn watery) and don't need to worry about my face for the rest of the day (easily 14 hours).

This foundation evens out my skintone and covers up all redness without any caking. My skin looks beautiful and fresh, and my freckles show through. There is no oxidation and if it fades throughout the day it is not noticeable. It's also buildable for the odd blemish (I don't even use concealer any more).

Absolute godsend. Perfect for daytime but not the best for flash photography at night - I'm currently using Scott Barnes foundation in Camel if I need a more "done" look for evenings that covers my freckles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am not oily or even combo and this was oily on me in 3 hours. I am dry/normal and its Fall where my skin usually begins to become more dry than normal. This became an oily mess on my face within 3 hours and looked cakey. It provides minimal coverage and the only pro to this is how nice my skin looked at the START. After 2 hours it begins to break down. I don't normally HAVE to set my foundation, but with this I had to.

I would not recommend this to anyone honestly. For the price of this I find this unacceptable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sunkiss3d

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for about 2 years now. I wear it as my daily foundation. Love it because it's lightweight (watery consistency), and (the most important thing!) doesn't break me out. My skin is dry sensitive and I have some acne scars. I'm NC40 in MAC but I use Vitalumiere Aqua in B40 which is a bit lighter than my skintone when I first apply it. After about 1-2 hours, the color looks more natural on my skin. I only set it with powder on my t-zone during the warmer months. During colder months I prefer not to set it with powder at all to keep the dewy finish so that my skin won't look too dry.

PROS:
- Lightweight
- Satin finish - it looks dewy when you first apply it, but after about one hour it turns into satin finish on my skin
- Compact and sleek packaging - I travel a lot and I can easily carry it in my purse
- Long lasting - at least on my skin it could last up to 8 hours on me without retouch (one layer)
- Has SPF 15

Cons:
- Expensive
- Limited color selection (especially for women of color) - B shades (B10-B50) have yellow undertone while BR shades (BR10-BR50) have more pink undertone
- Sheer finish (though build able) - if you prefer medium to heavy coverage, you might not like this foundation
- I never like its strong floral scents (though it doesn't irritate my skin)