August 27, 2014 | 1384 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by randomrita

I'm really torn about this product because it looked so beautiful and so natural on me- it looked basically like skin. But the thing is, it only lasted a few hours before it started to get kind of greasy looking- even with a powder over top. And the worst of all was that I started noticing that every time I wore this foundation, I suddenly broke out with cystic acne all over my face! But I thought maybe it was something else so I kept using it and I kept getting worse and worse acne, and I am not prone to cystic acne- I usually just get the typical clogged pores and once in a while, bad pimples. So I have stopped using it and my face has cleared immensely. Will never use this product again. And it cost me $50. Totally not worth it and a very over-hyped product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

quite a lovely foundation and a beautiful finish but the fragrance and high alcohol content upset my skin. and i wouldnt say my skin is sensitive.. other than that, its really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by adriana09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the finish of this foundation. It's so lightweight and it gives the perfect amount of coverage. I would say its more medium to full coverage. I think a lot of people are confused by the "ultra light" name, it means ultra light in texture, not coverage. Not mattifying, OIL-FREE, almost mousse-like texture.. great for the summertime and everyday wear. I recommend for all skin types even oily skin types if you like a luminous/dewy (not greasy) finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

Love this foundation! I have combination skin and this foundation gives you a matte finish but it's hydrating. You look slightly dewy but healthy not greasy. I don't use it daily due to the price, although I love it there are other foundations around the same price that work slightly better in my opinion. Only thing I would change about the product itself is the packaging-wish it came with a pump

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by plait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was researching and looking to try a liquid foundation that was most importantly lightweight for everyday and found Vitalumiere. It didn't work out for me. My skin is combination (mostly leaning to the oily side). My skin ended up having various dry patches after using it for a while and it didn't look good on my skin compared to other products I've tried. My face felt much too dry with this. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

This is by far my most well-loved foundation, and I have been using this for years. It's light in texture, and I love the fact that it's not oil based. That makes this foundation feel so wonderful on the skin, and it literally feels like you're wearing.. well nothing at all. I would say that this product gives a light to medium coverage, and if you want something more heavy for parties or on bad skin days, then it's quite easy to build up a nice and more heavy coverage. I will definitely keep buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sarabee74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use B20, which is a really nice match for my skin tone. I apply with my beauty blender over concealer and I find it offers perfect coverage for my skin. I have clear skin and don't need a great deal of coverage all over so this is great as an everyday foundation as it looks incredibly natural. Now, it has a very liquid consistency which I love as it blends so well and feels refreshing to apply, however you must make sure you shake it up as otherwise you're going to be squeezing out a bunch of clear fluid. My only concern with this is that it makes me look so greasy after I've had it on for a few hours, but that's more me than the foundation. Pretty much all foundations make my skin so shiny after a couple of hours wear and it can be fixed easily with face powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Zinat

Really perfect ❤️❤️

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on a whim while looking for a new, lighter foundation. I had been looking at some of the other Chanel foundations but only the Vitalumiere had the right colour match (very pale).

I really love the look of the foundation. It truly has a lit-from-within, glowing effect. I also find it doesn't dry my skin out as many foundations do. I used it to do my make-up for photos for my office website, and a colleague said "who did your make-up!" which was a huge compliment given her always perfect face!.

It's not a full-coverage make-up at all, so if there's a lot to cover up, this is likely not ideal, as you would need to apply multiple layers.

It applies well with fingers or a brush - I don't like it with a sponge as much.

Another con - i find I use a lot of the product each time, and the bottle isn't that large. As a result, and given the price, I tend to use it only for special occasions.

Overall though, I still give it four lippies because it can create such a flawless, luminescent look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this out via a sample through a magazine (shade 30 Beige). I knew it would be too dark, but I wanted to test it for texture. Actually the color wasn't that off, and I'm pretty fair. As for the texture, this was light and creamy, but it still covered all my redness. It was easy to apply with my fingers, and the final result was a lit from within look. I took one lippie off, because this costs so much. I seriously doubt I'll ever purchase this. It's simply out of my price range. However, if your budget allows for this type of splurge, this is an excellent foundation.