Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Surprised I like this as much as I do because I usually tend to go for more fuller coverage foundations. This foundation covers surprisingly well though for being on the lighter coverage spectrum end.

I bought this foundation because I started using retinol. Too strong of a retinol and too much too quickly. After 4 days my face was a bright red, burning and peeling mess. And I was to continue using that stuff? All my fuller foundations accented the peeling areas and dryed my face out like crazy. So I was at Nordstrom and passed by the Chanel counter and remembered I've read good things on this foundation. With Aqua being in the name, I assumed it would be a good foundation for my now super dry skin. At this point I could careless if it was a lighter coverage, as long as it covered what I needed and didn't dry out my face more.

I am fair and neutral toned. I guess in the MAC world, depending on the foundation I am somewhere in between NW10, NW13 or NC15. Studio Sculpt NC15 is my closest match. I was first matched with B10, their lightest warmer shade but it was it was too dark and yellow. She tried B12, which looked darker at first and is cool toned but it actually blended in nicely. She finished with the Chanel Mat powder and it covered all my redness and most of my freckles. Also blurred my pores a big plus. I really liked how it looked, I just had a nice fresh youthful look. I even got complimented on my make up later in another store. When I got out to my car and looked in the mirror in daylight though, my face looks flawless but it was too dark. Fortunately before returning I played around with the foundation more and found that all Chanel's powders are too dark on me or oxidize the foundation. If I use the foundation with my Kat Von D LockIt powder in Light 42 (super pale powder) it lightens up the foundation or doesn't cause it to oxidize. 4 stars for not having a fair shade. If you are MAC NC/NW 15+, you should be covered.

With my skin being back to somewhat normal after cutting back to a lower strength retinol, I still find myself still reaching for this foundation most days. Especially if I have a dry patches from my retinol use. For this foundation not accentuation or drying out my face more, I was surprised to see alcohol as the 3rd ingredient. For the most part it covers all I want it to, even though it's not a full coverage. I get a tad bit shiny throughout the day in my t zone and I will have to powder maybe once or twice throughout my day, but nothing that doesn't make me not like this foundation. It always wears well and stays put too. No cakey or shifting around. It doesn't settle in any fine lines and keeps my larger pores looking non-existent. I actually wear this without a primer and find I like how it looks/wears better than with.

I also tried the Lumeire Velvet Smooth Effect foundation as well, which runs a hint lighter than the Aqua but I like the Aqua a lot more. The Velvet will accentuate my dry spots and seems to dry my face out too. I like the finish on the Aqua more too. It's a nice natural somewhat glowy matte, but I always finish with a powder.

I have tested and tried absolutely every foundation I could find. I have fair skin, 49 years old, dry and slightly sun damaged. I hate foundation because it creases, it looks fake, it's too thick or it just ages me. Never wear it. Until today. Love this foundation!! it is worth the money to me. It goes on easily, looks natural, the colors are good for blending and building. Finally!

Price is a bit high, but for a product I love, I'll pay it.

Drop everything and try this foundation! I loved a few foundations before but not like this. This foundation is literally undetectable. I find this this works best when applied with fingers. I only use a little and work it in like a moisturizer and it just looks like I have perfect skin. This is not a full coverage foundation but it does have quite a bit of coverage. I seriously can't stop looking in the mirror when I wear this. I'm a big fan of make up for ever HD but this even puts that one to shame. Very pricey but worth every penny! Love, love, love!

I like that the color is a perfect match for my skin, and it has light coverage to even out skin tone. Once it dries on the skin, it has a really nice, silky feel to it on the skin.

One thing I noticed is that seems to accentuate and maybe cause flakiness in a dry spot on my face. After a while it settles a bit in creases on my face. It is also hard to remove (it doesn't want to come off with micellar water), I've been using baby oil to remove it instead, and this works well for it.

Initially I was applying it with my fingers, then I tried putting some on the back of my hand, dipping a soft makeup brush , and then blending it on my face, and this seems to apply it more evenly.

I want to like this foundation, cause I love the color and the light coverage, Especially now in the winter though, when my face is very dry, it's too drying. And I don't like that it settles in creases. I will continue trying to wear it once in a while though, and I will try it in the summer when my face is not as dry.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to high end foundation. I love the smell of it and find that I can wear it as a lightweight foundation or layer and set with powder for more coverage. One of the downsides is the cost for a smaller than average foundation bottle, but I always find myself coming back to this one. It feels lightweight on my skin and gives a nice dewy finish - although I always notice that it usually needs a top up on a hot/sweaty day and when I blend it slightly down my neck it always goes a little patchy (even though the colour I use is perfect). Other then this I love this foundation - I have actually started mixing a little with the Loreal True match foundation when I want a little more coverage and to extend its life a little longer (this is my perfect foundation mix).

I am an NC25-30 and have purchased this in both 20 and 30. Both colours can be sheered out and built up to match my skin tone perfectly! I originally did not like this product as I didn't think it provided enough coverage however I can mix this with almost any other foundation and it still looks flawless! On it's own it has a stunning finish and feel and is very light to medium coverage. Very expensive to replace however I do use this as an everyday foundation and it lasts a decent amount of time. Definitely an all year foundation and I will be repurchasing as it is my HG!

Just the best. Goes on so smoothly, does not emphasize flakes or lines and looks flawless until you take it off. Looks like you have really good skin rather than really good foundation and I find this easy to layer if you need more coverage. I wear it over L'Oreal's Infalliable Matte Primer as I have a oily t-zone issue and the combination is phenomenal. Total HG and I have tried everything. EVERYTHING.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a light and natural looking foundation that wouldn't break me out and would oxidize less than the Bobbi Brown foundation that I have been using. Got a sample of this in a magazine and loved it well enough to buy the full size. It's not cheap so I don't wear it to work, just going out on weekends, but I love this stuff. Looks natural on my skin, doesn't break me out, blends easily and offers an amazing amount of coverage for how natural and light it feels and looks. I also find it doesn't oxidize as much as my Bobbi Brown which is a common problem I have with foundations due in part to my oily t-zone. I like that it has an spf too. If this cost less I would wear it daily. My favorite foundation so far!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is perfect for those with dry skin or people who want the dewy glow look.
It doesn't damage your skin, it wears well all day and it complements your skin and enhances it.
I wouldn't recommend it if you have imperfections, its better suited to those who have a clear complexion and just want to enhance their skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite foundations. I wear B10 and the only reason I'm not giving this product five stars is because I find the colour too dark and warm for my fair neutral skin when worn alone. To make this product work I mix the foundation 50/50 with either my sunscreen or Nivea Aftershave Balm for sensitive skin (don't knock it till you try it, the sticky texture keeps your makeup on all day!) This way I can still get the light luminous coverage of the foundation whilst toning down the depth of colour. I find either way the foundation lasts very well on the skin too, getting me through a full 9 hour day with no major touchups. Price wise you are really paying for the brand, but in this case I think it's worth it. An excellent lightweight foundation that evens out and brightens the complexion, it really feels like you're wearing nothing at all.