April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow gel in Beguile and Show-off

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

I have this browset in Beguile and I pair it with MAC's eyebrow pencil in TAUPE=perfect combo! I've been using this for almost a year and I still have a lot product left, considering I use this everyday. ;)

The color payoff is good but the shimmery bits in the product makes me like it a wee bit less. However, it does the job and holds my eyebrows in place. I use this with an eyebrow pencil or powder or simply by itself when I'm in a hurry. Will surely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The product seems to work providing a good hold. What I dislike about it is the color. I am a brunette with quite dark yet not black eyebrows. Yet the product shows up way too red on me, so I think it would suit auburn haired people more. The product also has a bit of shimmer in which is not necessary in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have dark, bushy eyebrows. My hair are naturally lighter but recently I decided to go even lighter and I decided to get tinted brow gel in Beguile.

-The packaging is very simple, the brush could be a little smaller, also the product gets clumped on the top.
-The consistency is very nice, its very very longlasting- it doesnt smudge, it stays on even during cross training and rain!
-The colour is okay, its not reddish and glitter generally doesnt bother me but recently I got pictures from gala taken with flash and on some of them it looks like I had strokes of gold glitter.

Overall its a great product but if I would find one with smaller brush without glitter I would replace it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I bought this in Beguile and it is OK. as far as adding color and tint to my brows, this browset delivers. But i was hoping it would also add lift and shape to my straight asian brow hairs, and it didn't. I prefer to use Anastasia's brow gel. I don't think I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by blushpinkbride

I'm Asian with black hair and eyebrows and I've been on the hunt for the perfect brow mascara for months. I'm not really a makeup junkie, I just buy those that I need in my kit and since I personally think having perfect eyebrows is a must, I've invested on eyebrow products more than anything else in my makeup kit. I came across Beguile in a blog from another Asian girl with the same hair and eyebrow color as mine and it did wonders on her eyebrows! I just got mine a few days ago and it's perfect! I fill in my brows first with a Shu Uemura Hard 9 brow pencil then set it with the Beguile Brow Set. Color is amazing! It softened my features and the color is just two shades lighter than my hair color. It's perfect, I will repurchase again and again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by msommerlund

Bought this in Beguile based on reviews here. The colour is a little too dark for my medium blond hair. I find that the brush comes out of the tube with too much product on it to be used directly on the brows. I used it a little when my hair was died a little darker. At that time, I applied it with an angle brush. Overall, I find it doesn't really work for me because it's too wet and doesn't really hold my brows in place.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by klaquel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like this product. Looks shimmery on my brows.. Maybe I got the wrong color I don't know but the MAC staff in my area could have cared less to recommend something. The wand pulls out too much product and I was having to wipe it off on my hand. The spoolie should be tapered so you can control the width when smoothing it in. I just didn't like the way it felt like putting hair gel on my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by starallen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

MAC Brow Set in Beguile

I love this stuff, having been "blessed" with THICK and long eyebrows, I don't really need to fill in patchy parts as much as keep my eyebrows in place to maintain the line. I'm blonde and my eyebrows are not that light, but seem to have weird little blonde highlights running through them which look like bald patches... this gel covers them and keeps brows in place all day. I also love that the formula has a bit of subtle shimmer so that the finished result still looks like natural hair, not like you taped your brows on.

On the MAC site, it says that 'Boy Girl' is the shade for blondes, but if you're like me and have very cool toned hair and skin anything with even a hint of orange looks freakish. Beguile is a nice taupe that compliments my coloring perfect.

Do try this out at home first, when new the tube dispenses A LOT of product onto the wand and things can get a little messy and over the top. Apply with a light hand. I'm on my third tube and I've used it daily for many years, it's the only thing I'll use on my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great product--does the job of smoothing and filling in brow hairs. Pencils sometimes make my brows look too dark--even when I buy the lighter shades--plus they don't smooth/set the individual hairs. This stuff does it all quickly. You just have to be careful when you pull the wand out--sometimes too much product comes out--just like happens with mascara--so just scrape it a bit to remove excess.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is very easy to apply and gives my brows a lot more definition. My only complaint would be that when you pull the wand out it has a lot of product on the top and bottom of the wand that you have to take off before application, that is why it only gets 4 lippies.