December 19, 2014 | 1154 users online

Conditioner - Mastey - Frehair Detangler

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic conditioner that I keep coming back to in the 20 years since I first tried it. The most amazing part is that there are no silicones in this, and yet somehow it manages to smooth and detangle my hair better than ones with silicones. The scent is extremely subtle and doesn't linger (important for me as I'm very scent-sensitive). For reference, my hair is past my shoulders, on the dry side due to coloring and heat, and a combo of straight/wavy. P.S. This is getting very hard to find here in Canada. Only a few salons carry it, but I was lucky to find a jumbo bottle at Winners once.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by raven4575

I bought this after reading on the bottle what it claims to do and it actually does what it says it does! My hair was noticeably smoother and it detangles very well. Not crazy about the scent but it's not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by orcuttjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this conditioner. Keeps my curly hair moisturized but not weighed down. Smell is light and subtle, and does not follow me around throughout the day. Also, does not make me break out at my hairline. I buy this online for about $16 per liter and it lasts for ages.

Another pro, this line does not test on animals and is cruelty-free.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't have to buy this product as my local beauty supply store gave me a sample to try, which was very nice of them to do. This was not moisturizing enough for my fine and dyed hair. It felt like a very light conditioner, and I imagine it would be good for virgin hair, but my hair just needs more conditioning at this point. I do love the Mastey Traite Shampoo though and recently got converted over to it as it is sulfate free. I love that shampoo, but will have to try some more of of Mastey's deeper conditioners.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the post below; this really weighs your hair down if it is fine. I'm not sure how moisturizing it is, but it does make hair super super soft (and for fine hair, that makes it impossible to style).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

NOT for fine textured or thin hair. I repeat - NOT for fine or thin hair!! This weighs my hair down terribly. when I use this, it looks like I have half the hair because my hair is so flat and stuck to my head, limp, and lifeless, and much too soft. It's almost as if it shrinks the hair strands to half their size (or a quarter their size). Yes it's hydrating, but I can't go out without a hat when I use this. I am using the Frehair LIGHT now (in the green bottle) for fine or thin hair, and it is working much better, though it's still a little heavy.

If you have dry, thick, coarse hair - this IS the conditioner for you - it will work beautifully I think!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ravenshimmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful conditioner! The perfect balance between shine and moisture without being too heavy. This leaves my hair so shiny and bouncy. Along with Traite shampoo, this is probably one of my all time favorite hair products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always seem to return to Mastey hair products, and this is one of my favorite conditioners! I have to really be careful conditioning my hair, as it tends toward oiliness and is very fine in texture, but there's a lot of it, and I need something to keep the static down when it gets cold. This does the job nicely-it's light enough not to build up and weigh the hair down-in fact, I can use it every day if needed. I usually don't need to, though, because it is also very hydrating. Helps keep tangles and static to a minimum, and rinses clean. I use this with Mastey's Traite shampoo, maybe every other day, as I wash hair every day. If you shop around online, you can find a variety of prices and sizes for this-I get it in the 32 oz size, which lasts a long time. I will definetly keep coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the Frehair Light detangler. I have straight, fine, longish, oily hair. I've found this conditioner to be great for my hair! It conditions well and has a LOT of slip, especially for a silicone-free product. It doesn't build up at all and makes it very easy to comb out my hair after a shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Holmes7575

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First let me start by saying
I love this product I have Curly, Fine hair
My Fiancé has thick wavy hair and it works great for both of us
It detangles my hair like nothing else
I shampoo with trait and then condition with another brand
What ever conditioner I use I have at the time as long as it is sulfate free/parbin free.
Then I use free hair for about a minute and rinse my hair. I either flat iron or
Air dries my hair naturally and it always looks smooth, shiny and healthy.
My Faince’hair is smooth and lies flat; his hair is not poufy either.
Also my BF has very sensitive skin to all products, ands this is the only
One that does not break him out.
GREAT I will buy again.