November 26, 2014 | 989 users online

Shampoo - Mastey - Traite Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by aadalbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product smells great and has a nice whipped texture. However, beware of major tangles. I have medium length wavy/frizzy hair and this left it in knots. I had to put in the conditioner as i was rinsing the shampoo out just to unravel the nest. The Mastey moisture conditioner provides major slip which was my saving grace. Will not buy again because cannot afford the breakage of hair that comes with the knots.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG!!! I have a sensitive scalp and medium length, FINE shoulder length hair. I stopped using sulfates after reading they could contribute to my scalp dermatitis. I picked this up at Winners for $13 for 1 Litre, a great price for a sulfate free shampoo. It lathers well, rinses well and I love the scent. However here is the magic. I recently went 4 months without a trim while growing my hair out for a wedding I was in. Usually I trim every 6-8 weeks. After 4 months I had MINIMAL split ends. Although my Aphogee Green Tea spray does help, this was the only new addition to my routine. I'd buy this just for the rich lather and scent alone though, its great. Look for the large bottles with the pumps, some have them, some don't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Traite is, without question, the best sulfate-free shampoo I've ever used. Many other SLS-free shampoos are just plain pathetic when it comes to actually cleansing the hair and scalp. To me, those shampoos are basically useless. Traite is amazing in that it thoroughly cleanses my hair; it has this really cool creamy texture, yet it somehow manages to create a lather and doesn't weigh down my fine hair whatsoever. It smells so yummy, like pineapple and coconut. Very beachy. This is such a wonderful, underrated shampoo...I wish more people knew about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had this shampoo for awhile but it wasn't until I made a commitment to use only sulfate- and paraben-free hair products that I started to use this consistently. It is a creamy, but watery consistency that gives a bit of foaming but leaves hair clean, not weighed down. I have used up this bottle and will definitely get another. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the reviews and because I was looking for something SLS-free. This feels very thick, almost like whipped cream, and feels very nice. However, it left my hair pretty tangly and made my scalp itch. I'm not sure whether that has to do with one of the ingredients, or whether it wasn't removing oild/build-up properly. I have fine and pretty oily hair, so this might be better for those with dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by amc1976

I simply cannot express how much I love this shampoo. I am a habitual high-end product user (formerly Kerastase, current [pre-Mastey] B&B wear & care), but was looking for a sulfate-free shampoo in an effort to remedy minor breakage and drying problems. Granted, my hair is in really good shape to begin with, but after just a couple of days using this shampoo ("pre" washing the roots with a small bit of the Mastey Traite, followed by a second full wash, followed by my usual B&B Mending conditioner) my hair looks and feels utterly fabulous. It's never been this soft aside from the day of a salon treatment. I also have a really oily scalp - so much so that my hair historically looks like it badly needs a wash by dinnertime (after a morning shower). I don't know what this shampoo is doing differently, but I haven't had any oiliness issues since I started using it, either. The product switch was also motivated by a desire to bring down my product costs, and for me this shampoo is the value of values. I love the shampoo so much I may even try out the Mastey conditioner when my B&B runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

GRAIL!!! After years of searching for a shampoo that is truly sulfate free, yet lathers well, yet won't strip the moisture from my naturally dry hair - this is the one! I It's very rich and creamy, as is the lather, and has a very light coconut scent. It even kept my hair from tangling! When I used my conditioner after and rinsed, my hair felt like SILK! My hair dried soft, light and clean - no heavy residue to make it greasy again too quickly ( I was still waiting for a catch, you see)! I know this product has been around a while, so I've read, but in my little town, I only first saw it in winners the other day... I plan to go back and buy them out before it's gone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I colored my hair about a year ago as I was trying to save money on salon visits. Big mistake as the color kept fading and I had to keep reapplying color to cancel out brassiness, so my hair became quite dry. I tried expensive products like Bumble & Bumble but those contain sulfates and I wasn't getting the results I wanted that justified such an expensive product.

So my local beauty store recommended Mastey Traite and I tried a sample of it. It smells really good and my hair was actually very manageable and had body. This is even better than Pureology, and I'm just glad that I have found a more inexpensive sulfate-free shampoo. It's very creamy and smells tropical and suds well for a sulfate free shampoo. So glad that I found this. It's nice when you find a good product such as this because it's something you can stick with.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by midorisour

thank you, mua! without all the reviews, I'd probably never look into this shampoo. this is one of two shampoos (the other is redken all soft) I can use without breaking my face out. I do find it a bit drying, but nothing conditioner can't help with.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ravenshimmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, LOVE this shampoo. I was first introduced to this about twenty years ago. My sister, who was a new stylist at the time, brought it home. I was only ten years old then, but I've always remembered the cream texture and coconut scent, so different from every other shampoo. I've been using it on and off since then, but why I stray is beyond me...probably because it's so hard to find in retail stores. I always come back to this shampoo, and always fall in love with it all over again. Most recently, I bought another bottle after being sick of the Aveda Smooth Infusion liter bottles I've been trying to use up. The difference is like night and day. After the very first wash with Traite, my hair was so much shinier and full of body and bounce. I love that it's sulfate free, and so much better than other sulfate free shampoos out there like Pureology. I will continue to buy this shampoo for another twenty plus years!