Gorgeous color; it's a straight up peach color that looks pretty against my nc25-30 warm skin tone. Only problem I have is that because it is a matte lipstick, the formula is ridiculously drying!!! I love mattes but this lipstick sucked!! While the product was on my lips, my lips were hella dry. Even after I took it off, my lips were completely gross and peely. What a shame because this color is really pretty. Definitely would not repurchase :(
I was trying to find a peachy brown Revlon that my prettiest and most favorite, smiling aunt wore and came home with this one day. Oops, this is not the color by far. It's less creamy than other SL's are, and for whatever reason does not apply smoothly, or fade evenly. Yuck.
Against my better judgement (I'd read reviews on the horrible texture) I bought this lipstick on a whim. I was very disappointed to find that the reviews were true. I love the color, as it's such a lovely retro light orange (I don't think it's a proper peach), so I decided I was going to make it work. I looked online but couldn't find any tips on how to make pasty, chalky pastel lipsticks work on you (most reasonable people would agree if the lipstick is rubbish you just don't grab for it next time around). But I'm stubborn, so... I experimented.
1) Applying it straight from the bullet does NOT work. Not if you try light layers and re-apply. *Especially* if you re-apply.
2) I don't use lipstick brushes (I just think they're dirty, no matter how I clean them I can't help but feel there's always something left), but I tried applying a bit straight from the bullet and swiping my finger over it. The result was still no better: you can see the lines left behind by my fingerprints (I suppose the same would happen with a brush).
3) I tried using another lipstick with it. I first tried a Sephora one, because I really like them and they go on smoothly for me, but it didn't work. It was still a patchy mess. There was a bit of improvement (but not much) with a much waxier Rimmel one (Lasting Finish).
4) Still unhappy, I tried a lip balm underneath, but no matter how smoothly it applies at first the lipstick still settles into fine lines.
5) A lip primer helps (I used the Too Faced one), but not that much.
6) A gloss over the top helps, but there's a fine line between too little (still goes patchy) and too much (gloopy horrible mess)
7) The best way to apply it, I found, was to layer it on with my fingers, this time using a *tapping* motion. First just a tiny bit straight from the bullet with a good rub, just to get some of the pigment in. I waited a little, rubbed some of it on the back of my hand to get it warm and lightly tapped my fingertip on my lips. I managed to build the color to true color this way without it going patchy or settling into lines. It feels a bit drying this way, but not unbearably so.
The staying power is probably not the best, but as long as I re-apply by tapping it with my finger it's not that big a deal.
Probably the worst example in the Super Lustrous Matte range. The color is orange, not peach. The formula feels wierdly slippery, goes on sheer, cakey and uneven, and it highlights lines horribly. I like some of the others in this line (Strawberry Suede is great!) but this is rubbish.
Not very pigmentated. I didn't lyke it the color was more of a bright orangish coral than peach to me also very drying. Wont buy again.
Lovely lovely salmon colour, it brightens up any dark outfits that i may wear. The packaging is great, sleek, modern and i love the little see through top cap which means you can see what colour the bullet is!
Can be a bit drying to the lips and if you reapply it, it doesnt go on smoothly.
This is a really strange lipstick. It goes on a smidge streaky but you can help that by tapping the bullet on your lips or applying with your fingers / lip brush. The color is more of an orange-leaning nude than anything else, but it suits my warm NC25/30 skin just fine. (I imagine that this shade might look quite strange on a cooler person.) Lik the other Superlustrous lipsticks, the packaging is sturdy and the price is great.
30 minutes later, I noticed that it sank into every crease in my lips. The strange, glossy-finish made it look infinitely worse, and it just looked like I didn't know how to apply lipstick or something similar. I might try and tackle this color some other time using a lip primer and/or a lip pencil underneath to see if that improves its finish, but honestly, I don't think this color is worth the effort. There are better peach lipsticks out there, like Revlon Colorburst in Peach (much better formula!).
The formula of this lipstick is not good.
It's not very pigmented on my medium pigmented lips (I'm an NC30). It applies VERY streaky and building up the swipes does not make a difference.
It's not as matte as it claims, it's actually got quite a bit of tiny shimmers in the lipstick.
Overall, if you don't have medium pigmented lips (or darker) then this may work for you, I'm not sure, but if you have medium pigmented lips, I would not recommend this. Your lip colour underneath will overpower the colour and the lipstick's pigmentation is too poor to fight it. Really disappointed because it looked like a nice colour in other peoples' swatches and pictures.
I wanted a matte peachy nude pink lip color much like the Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait but no shine. Unfortunately, the color is more orangey peachy than I would like. It looks horrible on me especially since I have a yellow undertone. Also the Revlon Super lustrous lipstick in matte is the worst one out of the three (creme, matte, and pearl). Very drying and settles into creases and fine lines. I gave it two lippies because I find the color pretty just not on me
Settles in creases
Lasts for 3-4 hours
Not true to color
Love this shade! I didn't see any shimmer as described by other commenters. This worked great with my fair skin. Very pigmented and easy application. Unfortunately I also experienced the lipstick settling into the lines on my lips, even though I applied chapstick beforehand.