Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Smoked Peach 013

3.2

on 5/29/2015 10:40:00 AM

When i first got on my peach lippie kick, i was all over the internet doing my research on what shades i should invest in. This kept coming up. However it was always sold out at every store i went to! Finally after about 2 months of keeping an eye open for it, i found it :)

lovely subtle peach shade, would probably compliment "most" skin tones. When i'm in the mood for peach i reach for this. Its def matte, i was reading previous reviews were they were commenting about shimmer, i noticed none at all. Staying power is amazing, even while drinking coffee/water all morning.

However, i find it border line drying, its def not hydrating. It can appear chaulky/streaky, like someone else mentioned it def needs a little extra TLC. I would def recommend exfoliating lips first, adding a balm before putting this on and top it with a gloss to fancy it up(if you feel like being fancy of course).

That being said, its still my favorite peach shade i own, and grab for it more often than not, would def repurchase.

on 5/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I really like this, its perfect for everyday wear. I feel like its not drying but not hydrating, so definitely wear a balm underneath it.

on 3/25/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This shade is a nice peach to wear as my everyday work lipstick. I've been wearing pinks most of my life but peach tones are where I'm at these days.

The first thing that got me was the name...Smoked Peach. I like smoked ribs but never tried smoked peach before so I went ahead and gave this a swipe test :) It is a subtle peach, not loud and bright at all, but the pigmentation is there. This is the first matte shade I've seen from Revlon and it isn't very smooth and clean.......it looks chalky and uneven with one swipe. But the color is great and with a little extra TLC and gloss you end up with a beautifully elegant shade on your lips.

on 2/17/2015 7:06:00 AM

I wish this colour count work for me but it doesn't i bought it would br a wearable orange colour but it just washes me out. I am fair maybe with a tan or for somebody with warmer undertones this could look good and also the formula is too drying for my lips.

on 10/28/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My lips - dry, quite pigmented. NC42.
HATE IT! This lipstick does not work very well on my lips. I tried so hard to love it, but it fails me every time I put it on. It applies patchy so I need to exfoliate before, be light-handed upon application or add a gloss on top of it to make it look decent.
It's a lovely light nude peach with a tiny bit of sheen to it but not very noticeable. The color is opaque with 2 layers. It has no scent or taste to it.
The problem with this lipstick is that it just doesn't feel smooth, comfortable and creamy on my lips. It's definitely not moisturizing. It accentuates every little bit of dryness or flakes you might have on your lips. I own another super lustrous in the shade "Primrose", that one feels buttery smooth, moisturizing and is way more comfortable. The best way to apply Smoked peach is with care, this is not a "slap on without mirror" lipstick.
So bummed the formula of this lipstick didn't work out for me cause the color is very pretty and not like all the other lipstick shades offered out there. The packaging has a see-through cap which makes it easy to pick color from your lipstick holder and feels sturdy. I wouldn't bash the entire line, since Primrose worked out for me, so I guess they failed to complete the consistency of the line. It was cheap, but I will for sure never re-purchase it again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This color is not for me. It is a matte peach color although it has some obvious gold glitter. The color applies patchy and the formula drying. It isn't a terrible lipstick though. This color would work very well for someone with a very warm coloring. The color just looks orange on me and not at all flattering on me. I have seen women with darker skin or tan olive skin in this color and it looks great. I also have seen blondes with peachy skin look nice in this too. The only way I could get this color to look half decent is to put on Revlon bellini gloss over it.

on 5/22/2014 11:57:00 AM

The skinny: Thumbs up! Dabbed lightly or with deeper swipes Ė me likey! Gloss is a must to really bring this color to life. My new summer color!

This is on sale at Rite Aid for $5.99 this week (along w all lip and nail). I had a coupon for $5 off purchase of 2 lip/ nail products and snatched this up along with 820 Pink Cognito (Shine formula, which is a dud). So this ended up costing $4 after tax and all.

I really like it! As described previously, this is a lighter peach (for C3 me itís not pale) Ė a nice alternative to nude and a little more life-giving. I wear it without liner and with a gloss on top. When I tried it immediately after returning from the store, I did so after just wiping off what I had on. When applied this way, over my bare lip, it goes on thick and pretty opaque. There is a little streaking, but not much, and zero shimmer (although I do see little micro glitters when I examined the tube after reading other reviews - these are not apparent on my lips and I never would've noticed; undetectable in texture as well). Maybe the batches differed or they revised. I never ever put a lip product on without conditioning first (other than trying for color initially). But I really liked the strong effect. Put (a nice apricot) gloss over it and WOW! (I also love to top it with Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition)

Without the balm I was surprised to find it wasnít drying. However, it accentuated many lines I never realized I had. Gloss fixed that. When applied balm first, then lipstick Ė I got a much different effect, much more subtle, as expected and also very pleasing. My typical lip routine is as follows: 1) lip balm; 2) primer; 3) liner; 4) lipstick; 5) gloss.
So using Smoked Peach actually simplifies my routine.

Applied using deep swipes on dry lips, or lightly dabbed along my moisturized lips, this color works. The formula is oddly soft and moist for a matte, which I did not expect. The soft, but Ďthereí peach color is really sweet (Iím C3 in winter, MSF natural in medium in summer). This is an appropriate shade depth for my skin tone and does not wash me out in the least. In fact, I find it warms me up. I donít have a color like this and am really happy I took a chance. Very flattering for summer, especially.

Iím not crazy about the cheap looking packaging on these Revlon Lipsticks (i.e., see through cap) but they do seem durable. Remember back in the day - the cap was angular I think, and they had those 3 or 4 raised gold rings around the tube haha, I guess there has been improvement. The product itself stands on its own and somewhat justifies the high cost for drugstore ($8.99 regularly!) I would repurchase on sale, as is my rule for all drugstore products.

on 5/7/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just bought this lipstick, and I don't know if Revlon updated it or what, but there isn't a trace of the shimmer other people commented on. This is a truly matte lipstick, which takes some getting use to if you like a little sheen like I do. That problem is solved easily enough. I just top with a little peach gloss. I like Revlon's Pango Peach on top of this. The effect of the two combined is a really pretty pale peach. Overall, this is a nice color, and it's priced right. I think I'd pick it up again if I ran out.

on 3/22/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Not the shade for me...
Since this was from Revlon's matte line, I wouldn't have expected there to be shimmer in this lipstick. This is a warm peachy nude lipstick with fine silver shimmer in it. It does not look good on me. The shimmer makes me complexion look pasty and dead. I never wear it alone since it looks so bad on me, so I usually apply a brighter lipstick on top. I can't make any claims about its longevity since I have yet to wear it alone for more than five minutes.
The texture of this lipstick is smooth and feels a little powdery on the lips. It's a little drying, but nothing that will make my lips chapped. Despite having a matte finish, i feel like this easily moves around on my lips, and sometimes it bleeds outside of my lip line.
Not going to repurchase this.

on 2/16/2014 3:54:00 PM

I've been on a major nude lip kick lately. I've never really been into super bright colorful lips. I came across this color and thought I'd give it a try. And I love it. I'm pretty fair (I dunno my Mac color as I've never bought Mac products before. But in cover girl 3 in 1 I'm 810 the 2nd lightest shade) and I think this looks great on me. Wore it w a "no makeup" makeup look and it gave me just the pop of color I needed and it really made my blue eyes pop! I can't believe all these bad reviews I'm reading on it cuz I really like it so far!

Popular Lipsticks