August 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Smoked Peach 013

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The skinny: Thumbs up! Dabbed lightly or with deeper swipes Ė me likey! Gloss is a must to really bring this color to life. My new summer color!

This is on sale at Rite Aid for $5.99 this week (along w all lip and nail). I had a coupon for $5 off purchase of 2 lip/ nail products and snatched this up along with 820 Pink Cognito (Shine formula, which is a dud). So this ended up costing $4 after tax and all.

I really like it! As described previously, this is a lighter peach (for C3 me itís not pale) Ė a nice alternative to nude and a little more life-giving. I wear it without liner and with a gloss on top. When I tried it immediately after returning from the store, I did so after just wiping off what I had on. When applied this way, over my bare lip, it goes on thick and pretty opaque. There is a little streaking, but not much, and zero shimmer (although I do see little micro glitters when I examined the tube after reading other reviews - these are not apparent on my lips and I never would've noticed; undetectable in texture as well). Maybe the batches differed or they revised. I never ever put a lip product on without conditioning first (other than trying for color initially). But I really liked the strong effect. Put (a nice apricot) gloss over it and WOW! (I also love to top it with Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition)

Without the balm I was surprised to find it wasnít drying. However, it accentuated many lines I never realized I had. Gloss fixed that. When applied balm first, then lipstick Ė I got a much different effect, much more subtle, as expected and also very pleasing. My typical lip routine is as follows: 1) lip balm; 2) primer; 3) liner; 4) lipstick; 5) gloss.
So using Smoked Peach actually simplifies my routine.

Applied using deep swipes on dry lips, or lightly dabbed along my moisturized lips, this color works. The formula is oddly soft and moist for a matte, which I did not expect. The soft, but Ďthereí peach color is really sweet (Iím C3 in winter, MSF natural in medium in summer). This is an appropriate shade depth for my skin tone and does not wash me out in the least. In fact, I find it warms me up. I donít have a color like this and am really happy I took a chance. Very flattering for summer, especially.

Iím not crazy about the cheap looking packaging on these Revlon Lipsticks (i.e., see through cap) but they do seem durable. Remember back in the day - the cap was angular I think, and they had those 3 or 4 raised gold rings around the tube haha, I guess there has been improvement. The product itself stands on its own and somewhat justifies the high cost for drugstore ($8.99 regularly!) I would repurchase on sale, as is my rule for all drugstore products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this lipstick, and I don't know if Revlon updated it or what, but there isn't a trace of the shimmer other people commented on. This is a truly matte lipstick, which takes some getting use to if you like a little sheen like I do. That problem is solved easily enough. I just top with a little peach gloss. I like Revlon's Pango Peach on top of this. The effect of the two combined is a really pretty pale peach. Overall, this is a nice color, and it's priced right. I think I'd pick it up again if I ran out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the shade for me...
Since this was from Revlon's matte line, I wouldn't have expected there to be shimmer in this lipstick. This is a warm peachy nude lipstick with fine silver shimmer in it. It does not look good on me. The shimmer makes me complexion look pasty and dead. I never wear it alone since it looks so bad on me, so I usually apply a brighter lipstick on top. I can't make any claims about its longevity since I have yet to wear it alone for more than five minutes.
The texture of this lipstick is smooth and feels a little powdery on the lips. It's a little drying, but nothing that will make my lips chapped. Despite having a matte finish, i feel like this easily moves around on my lips, and sometimes it bleeds outside of my lip line.
Not going to repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ablackmon317

I've been on a major nude lip kick lately. I've never really been into super bright colorful lips. I came across this color and thought I'd give it a try. And I love it. I'm pretty fair (I dunno my Mac color as I've never bought Mac products before. But in cover girl 3 in 1 I'm 810 the 2nd lightest shade) and I think this looks great on me. Wore it w a "no makeup" makeup look and it gave me just the pop of color I needed and it really made my blue eyes pop! I can't believe all these bad reviews I'm reading on it cuz I really like it so far!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by poppynogood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Who puts shimmer in a "matte" lipstick? Not only does this have visible mica pigment in the tube, it settles into cracks and makes lips looks terribly wrinkly. The color is also weird with pale skin tones and goes on streaky and hideous. I felt like a truck stop grandma for the 3 minutes I wore this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

This comes off as a pale baby peach on my nc30 skin and washes me out. Won't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Teawater

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely horrible, like, how did this ever get made horrible. It goes on streaky, settles into the lines on my lips and is NOT MATTE. There is a whole lot of shimmer in this product. The only way I can use this lipstick is by using a lip balm underneath it and a gloss over it. With this method, there is a need for constant reapplication.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lmm419

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

***** MAC DUPE ALERT *****

This is a dupe for "Ravishing" by MAC. A color that I absolutely love, by the way.

I'm NC 20, brown hair, green eyes with warm undertones. I love peach lipsticks and saw this at Walgreens on sale and with a coupon I got it for $2.50. When I saw it in the store, I thought it looked a little similar to Ravishing by MAC but figured I'd still get it considering I love peach lipsticks and the price was so right. When I swatched it next to Ravishing, I couldn't believe how similar they actually were. Almost identical. I need to post a pic to show you guys. The biggest difference is this is a matte so it's dry and no shine to it, while Ravishing is a cremesheen so it is more hydrating and has a sheen to it. Also, Ravishing is a tad more pigmented. This particular lipstick is a beautiful soft coral-peach color that looks great when paired with Bellini lipgloss by Revlon or by itself, if you don't mind dry lips, that is. If you do wear it without a gloss, exfoliate and wear lots of lip balm underneath. It's not a bold orange color at all, which is nice for days when you don't want your lips to be va va voom. I probably wouldn't repurchase this again because I love the cremesheen formulation by MAC so I would just buy Ravishing again but for anyone on a budget or just don't want to spend over fifteen bucks on a lippie, I would def recommend this color. It's so pretty. I'm not sure it would work too well on cool toned gals, though.

***** Edit: I have attached a pic to show the two colors side by side. (pic is with flash)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by irischrysanta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This shade doesn't compliment my skintone, it washed me out. The consistency of the lipstick is moist and very pigmented. For reference, my lips are naturally reddish pink with the outer rim of my lips darker than the inner rim, but this lipstick totally changes my natural lip color with two swipes. You get the actual color when swatched. This lipstick has buildable coverage. The downside is, it tends to define the cracks on my lips when applied more than once and dries it out badly so i make sure to apply my best lipbalm beforehand. Packaging is classy, and pretty sturdy. Easily transfers on everything my mouth touches but that's ok since the brand never promised it to be longwearing. I adore revlon products but I found it hard for this product to work for me though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm sceptical about peaches they usually wash me out, so when MAC Ravishing was suggested I went looking for a dupe to try first. I like this shade on me, it brightens up my face. The only thing I don't like is it shows flakies like others on here have mentioned but It's easily overlooked for me though.