September 16, 2014 | 1588 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by MsKacey

UGH, SERIOUSLY CG?! I bought two of these in French Vanilla as I needed a white/creme shade to act as a primer for my real eye shadows. My first time using it, i very gently tried to load the shadow onto the foam applicator that came with it (as i do with all my shadows, no digging into the pan, we're not digging for treasure here).. and the shadow proceeded to crumble and flake off in a million directions. i picked it all up with my brush optimistically and was half disappointed, half excited thinking that meant it would be more pigmented, and i didn't mind using more product since i had gotten it practically free with coupons.

And boy, was I wrong. it was as sheer as could be. Basically all the crumbles that i
picked up stuck right on my lid, wouldn't blend in the least and just ended up falling off my lid. WTF?! how can this be? i won't be buying anymore after i use this up, and wouldn't wear it period if i were using it as my primary shadow for the day. I am even surprised that i keep giving CG a chance after their habitually crappy performances. How does this company stay in business??

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They are powdery n they don't last:(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Tup767daf

I have these in Country Woods 215 and Mirror Mirror 226. The color payoff is horrible. They are extremely sheer. I had to scratch into the pan to get anything on my brush, and even then, when I applied it to my eyelids, nothing transferred. They are very low in pigment and I'm so disappointed in them that I'm throwing them away. Might be okay to give to children who want to play with makeup? They feel like something you'd give a child.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

Edit: Redeemed. This is a two-part review now, based on the two shades I own.

Melt Down Mauve:
SAD. One of my favorite youtubers raved about these singles. When I saw this on sale at ULTA for < $2 (awhile ago now), I thought that it was a good opportunity to try out.

I bought the color "Melt Down Mauve." At the time, I was actually looking for a pink-ish eyeshadow to go with a dance costume so it seemed like the perfect marrying of experiment opportunity and practical want.

Terrible. Wow. As annoying as it is to find eyeshadows far too powdery, its equally annoying (I'd say) to find ones that are so painfully hard that you can't even get any product on your brush/applicator. I tried several brushes, ranging from the foam applicator that comes with it to a soft eyeshadow brush to a stiffer contouring brush to an eyeliner brush. I literally cannot get any product out of the pan, much less have it stay on my face. In fact, I quite like the little foam applicator that comes with it (there is a pointed end, perfect for getting the corners, and a blunt end, better suited for blending). Even though the whole thing was < $2, I basically paid that price for a decent foam applicator, and a small pink brick.

I've considered possible reasons as to why it was so bad. It could be this color, that it was on sale and was possibly too old, or just my specific one was a total dud. I have no idea. I would love to try these again, as they are so affordable and accessible, but now I'm totally leery about which shade to try. (Suggestions would be appreciated!)

Golden Sunrise:
I found out after I purchased this that my favorite youtuber (emilynoel83) loves this shade. It think it goes on very similar to the new formulation of the Maybelline Expert Wear Cinnamon Spice (which I have already reviewed and love). In fact, I'd like to compare the two shades (since this review is already crazy long). They both are perfect for browbone highlighting, and for blending/smoothing out the top boundary of a smokey eye. Maybelline Cinnamon Spice shade is more of a brown/bronze shade, while the CG Golden Sunrise is a more orange/gold. Personally I reach for the Maybelline shade more often because I already have yellow undertones, but I think both are very pretty.

(I suppose both CG EE shades are aptly named; Melt Down Mauve needs to be melted down and reformulated, and Golden Sunrise is a gorgeous golden satin finish shade.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I got a white one and it hardly did anything. The color was so light and had horrible staying power. I think eye shadow is one of those products you're better off without buying from the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think the bad reviews of CG eyeshadows are not entirely deserved. I have tried many of their singles and some of the palettes and overall have been very pleased with them. CG has come along way in improving the quality and pigmentation of their shadows, and the prices are still very affordable. I think there are even a few colors than rival higher end brands like UD and MAC (gasp!). There have also been a few misses - some colors are too sheer (i.e. Knockout Pink, Bedazzled Biscotti, Mauveberry). But overall all the pigmentation is great, and I actually like the packaging. I even use the sponge tip applicators, they work great for blending. I love my higher end shadows but many days I find myself reaching for these instead. I will definitely continue to purchase CG eyeshadows because they are a great deal for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by princessandrew

packaging wise, everyone complains about it. the packaging doesn't really bother me much considering it's the product that i'm going to be using on my eyes. they last all day long & never crease on me whether i'm using an eyeshadow primer or not. i don't recommend not using one, but i've done it before & haven't had any problems. these are some of the best drugstore eyeshadows i've come across & they're decently priced. i have mink, swiss chocolate, & several more. they're all highly pigmented and work wonders. there's a little fall out to these eyeshadows compared to mac ones, but you can easily get rid of that. they blend nicely as well & don't get muddy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by DollFace0011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

FIND IT AT: Drug stores

PRICE: 3.50+

I usually detest CG. I stopped using their products years ago because I found their color collection and payoff not suitable for darker skin. I tried different things in the line and found it insulting that I could not find a good shade even in e/s to compliment my skin tone. And Iím not even that dark Iím NW35, back when I was trying their line I was prob. NW30. So I tried out Maybellineís Eye-studio Give me Gold and though I didnít like the quad I was impressed with the gold/ copper shade in that quad so much that I wanted it in a single. So I searched the whole Maybelline line and all the other lines at the drugstore for a similar color. I finally found a similar shade in CG Eye-enhancers in Golden Sunrise.

1. TEXTURE: A light orange/ Very shimmery shadow. I think the name is also a good description of the color the product. Not a dupe for that gold/ coppery shade I was looking for. Alone this color was not really impressive. But when I used this color as a crease color on top of other darker colors and blended it out I found it stunning. This color also looks pretty wet.

JE DETESTE:
1. PACKAGING: Cheap and flimsy like most drug store products.

Tell me why that after I bought this product for $4 and then I found it at the Dollar Tree? Man. So even though it isnít the best shade ever, I stocked up. Lol at a dollar a piece, why not? So after that I decided Iím checking out Dollar Tree first. I would not have re bought this product at $4 but for $1 it was worth it.

But did this change my opinion on CG? Nope, still wonít be buying CG but out of all the shades I think this is a good shade to try out especially if you get it for a buck. If youíre on a budget or/ and new to makeup and want some good shades for cheap check out sally girl baked eye-shadow or the Maybelline line has great quality cheap shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Addicted2Makeup101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The packaging isn't the best but these are really good drugstore eyeshadows. I have Bidazzled Biscotti, Champagne, and Purple Pop and love the way they all make my eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Was not impressed with this shadow at all. I got a white color (not sure of the name) and it was not pigmented at all, it was basicly just a light wash of glitter. The shadow is very powdery, and there is a lot of fall out. I do not recommend this eye shadow.