October 31, 2014 | 1051 users online

Lipstick - Make Up Academy (MUA) - Lipstick in Shade 1

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't fault this lipstick! I saw a review comparing it to sleek cherry and this is never in stock when I try and find it, the mua stand is usually pretty bare aswell but I grabbed the last shade 1. It's a lovely cherry colour and the lasting power on this for just 1 is amazing! when the lipstick has faded off it leaves a stain on the lips for hours even after eating and drinking, the packaging is great to I didn't have much hope because normally when I but drugstore lower end makeup the packaging cracks (Rimmel stay matte pressed powder!) I've had this in my handbag or thrown in my makeup bag and its not cracked :) love it wish I had found it sooner

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, it has an intense pigment But it also leaves a strong stain on the lips afterward that is hard to remove even with soap or wipes! This makes me wonder what the ingredients were in this...

I didn't enjoy the overbearing smell of this lipstick which again makes me suspicious of the ingredients. The flimsy tube this lipstick came in breaks/malfunctions easily.
But at 1, it's no wonder the quality is so abysmal.

In the long run, It could harm the skin on the lips- I didn't wait to find out- I got rid asap. Readers beware- especially those with sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by AngieTheCosmeticManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

This lipstick is lovely!! It slides on really well, lasts long and isnt over drying. The price is also great - £1 from superdrug!!! planning on buying some more soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by BelleWoods

If you're looking for a new lipstick and you love red lipsticks, get this now! I purchased it in Superdrug the other day for £1, and I am so impressed! It has a good texture and isn't too dry or drying, and it stays on and lasts reasonably well, without feathering or smudging much. I absolutely love red lipsticks, however I prefer deeper reds, rather than orange-reds or pink-reds, and this is a perfect colour for an amazing price! I'll definitely repurchase it, it's my new favourite red lipstick (and I have 9 other red lipsticks)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by likestarry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel like MUA are really hit and miss - some products are amazing and some are down right awful. This lipstick, however, is pretty great for the price.
Firstly, I love the colour. The colour is a deep red, and with my pale skin is extremely striking. I've only worn it for a few hours at a time but in my experience hasn't annoyingly dried my lips out or smeared all over my face. However, it is quite watery making it hard to apply - so maybe a lip liner pencil is advised, with a LOT of patience too. A brush might make it easier, too, and at the bottom of the packaging a small pot unscrews with some product inside it, which is handy if you use a brush or maybe a finger. In comparison to the matte MUA lipsticks, which are very dry, I feel like these are the better option even though they are, as I said, slightly watery.
The packaging is standard. An average looking black packaging with a transparent unscrewable pot at the bottom - however not sturdy - I've found these to break quite easily, so maybe be careful if you're going to put this in a bag or your pocket.
Overall, a nice colour and lipstick - you definitely cannot complain for the price and definitely has some good features for such a cheap lipstick. Be prepared to be wowed for the price (colour wise, doesn't dry your lips, lasts a good while, etc.) but at the same time don't expect too much. I'd buy it again purely for the colour, I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MUA are a really great affordable brand, I picked up this colour because I was looking for a deepish red colour to try and didn't want to waste a lot of money incase the colour didnt suit me, so I thought I would try the MUA lipstick first, and for just £1 it was one of the best purchases I've made, I've already got backups too! Its a gorgeous red lipstick, very opaque and not drying at all. It doesn't really have a smell either which is a bonus! It goes on very smoothly, I always wear a lipliner with it because its such a vivid colour I don't want it smudging. It lasts a good few hours before requiring a touch up. For £1 I suggest everyone go and pick it up to try it, I tell all my friends about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a really nice pigmented lipstick. It's quite creamy and applies nicely. Plus the price is unbeatable. This is a great alternative for anyone on a budget

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by missvioletpurple

This is a very pigmented dark crimson lipstick thus it's not for everyday use. It would really stain your lips so those who like the stained lips look,just apply it then blot with tissue and you're good to go. It glides on smoothly and stays on for a long time if you don't drink and/or eat but hey I don't mind retouching because this stuff is dirt cheap. It doesn't make my lips dry. The packaging is the only thing that's preventing me from giving it a 5. Overall, this is a good product so I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Why have I been purchasing only MAC lipsticks all this time? Without even knowing that there's something with soothing formula and opaque finish as this? It isn't at all drying. I was initially very skeptical about purchasing their products (can't access superdrug since I live in Finland) so I ordered straight from their website, along with the kiss proof lip stain and heaven and earth palette. Would definitely come back for more. All lipsticks and lip booms^^

OMG I just found out that if u unscrew the bottom (under the shade), u actually get some extra products <3 RAVE RAVE RAVE

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by dollymay6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really love this shade... and it only costs a quid! A little dry and obviously not as lovely and sweet tasting as a mac. But, come on... a pound and an easy way to try braver colours without breaking the bank. Result.