April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Lipstick - Make Up Academy (MUA) - Lipstick in Shade 1

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by likestarry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel like MUA are really hit and miss - some products are amazing and some are down right awful. This lipstick, however, is pretty great for the price.
Firstly, I love the colour. The colour is a deep red, and with my pale skin is extremely striking. I've only worn it for a few hours at a time but in my experience hasn't annoyingly dried my lips out or smeared all over my face. However, it is quite watery making it hard to apply - so maybe a lip liner pencil is advised, with a LOT of patience too. A brush might make it easier, too, and at the bottom of the packaging a small pot unscrews with some product inside it, which is handy if you use a brush or maybe a finger. In comparison to the matte MUA lipsticks, which are very dry, I feel like these are the better option even though they are, as I said, slightly watery.
The packaging is standard. An average looking black packaging with a transparent unscrewable pot at the bottom - however not sturdy - I've found these to break quite easily, so maybe be careful if you're going to put this in a bag or your pocket.
Overall, a nice colour and lipstick - you definitely cannot complain for the price and definitely has some good features for such a cheap lipstick. Be prepared to be wowed for the price (colour wise, doesn't dry your lips, lasts a good while, etc.) but at the same time don't expect too much. I'd buy it again purely for the colour, I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MUA are a really great affordable brand, I picked up this colour because I was looking for a deepish red colour to try and didn't want to waste a lot of money incase the colour didnt suit me, so I thought I would try the MUA lipstick first, and for just £1 it was one of the best purchases I've made, I've already got backups too! Its a gorgeous red lipstick, very opaque and not drying at all. It doesn't really have a smell either which is a bonus! It goes on very smoothly, I always wear a lipliner with it because its such a vivid colour I don't want it smudging. It lasts a good few hours before requiring a touch up. For £1 I suggest everyone go and pick it up to try it, I tell all my friends about it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a really nice pigmented lipstick. It's quite creamy and applies nicely. Plus the price is unbeatable. This is a great alternative for anyone on a budget

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by missvioletpurple

This is a very pigmented dark crimson lipstick thus it's not for everyday use. It would really stain your lips so those who like the stained lips look,just apply it then blot with tissue and you're good to go. It glides on smoothly and stays on for a long time if you don't drink and/or eat but hey I don't mind retouching because this stuff is dirt cheap. It doesn't make my lips dry. The packaging is the only thing that's preventing me from giving it a 5. Overall, this is a good product so I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Why have I been purchasing only MAC lipsticks all this time? Without even knowing that there's something with soothing formula and opaque finish as this? It isn't at all drying. I was initially very skeptical about purchasing their products (can't access superdrug since I live in Finland) so I ordered straight from their website, along with the kiss proof lip stain and heaven and earth palette. Would definitely come back for more. All lipsticks and lip booms^^

OMG I just found out that if u unscrew the bottom (under the shade), u actually get some extra products <3 RAVE RAVE RAVE

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by dollymay6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really love this shade... and it only costs a quid! A little dry and obviously not as lovely and sweet tasting as a mac. But, come on... a pound and an easy way to try braver colours without breaking the bank. Result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I have become such a fan of all of these lipsticks. They are cheap, long-lasting and highly pigmented. This particular shade is a lovely warm wearable red, suitable for night or day. It looks a little scary in the tube but suits my complexion very well. Perfect autumnal shade. I dab it on with my finger, blot and then a layer of lipgloss if necessary. Possibly a little drying but still exceptionally good!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this!

It's a great vivid colour, easy to put on and stays on well, and all for 1! Better than some much more expensive ones. Can't complain really

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

These lipsticks are amazing:

- very pigmented
- beautiful shimmery/metallic shades
- very creamy, go on like a dream
- amazing staying power - lasted through lots of drinks :-)
- incredibly cheap!

Amazing value for no money at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LaurenKatex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never really took any notice when superdrug brought out their 1 makeup range.. but about 3 months after they had brought it out when the craze had past.. i decided to check it out. I wanted some red lipstick so i thought id go to the MUA stand and have look... i found a really nice colour red so decided to buy it.. when i took it home to try i was really impressed it stays on my lips for aggggeeeesss even if i have something to eat or drink it still stayed on very impressed will definately be buying more :)