September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - L.A. Colors - l.a colors/lipstick/frosted lilac

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by AnnieKristine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a tube of this at my local dollar tree because I wanted some more lipstick and I didn't have that much money to spend. It was highly pigmented and was nice and creamy, so far it has stayed on(I've only had it on a few hours though) I wore a different color the other day just to try it and it seemed to leave a light stain once I took it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh...My...God! Never in a million years would I have thought that dollar store makeup would be this good. I normally go to the Dollar Tree on a bi-weekly basis. I like to get birthday cards/holiday cards there because you can get 2 cards for $1, as with other stores they charge about $4-5 per card. Anyway, I was walking through their "cosmetic/bath aisle" because I wanted to kill some time. I may be cheap but it had never even crossed my mind to try makeup sold at Dollar Tree. I normally buy my makeup at Walmart/Target/CVS. I have a tight budget and I can't spend numerous amounts of money on high end products. Plus, I like drugstore brands. I think that with the right application it looks just as good as department store quality. And honestly, I also thought that makeup sold at a dollar store would be very low quality and look like makeup worn on hookers. Wasn't interested until the color of this lipstick caught my eye.

I debated really hard back and forth to myself if this pretty shade was worth it to my drugstore standards. But I figured for $1, why not? I didn't have any high hopes for this because it came from the dollar store. I also assumed that since it wasn't a widely known name brand, that the color would not turn out to be what it showed in the bullet and be completely off-set. Boy, was I wrong!

The color goes on exactly how it looks. The color is a purplish-maroon shade. The pigment is very potent. Even some drugstore brands don't have this kind of pigment or the shade is too sheer when put on. I really, really like it. This was the first shade I bought from L.A. Colors and it certainly delivered. It goes on smooth but it's not very moisterizing, even though it contains vitamin E and aloe. I figured as much but if I put on lip balm before applying then it's fine. The lasting power of the lipstick is pretty long until I eat or drink something. I also like to apply different colored glosses on top of my lipsticks to give it more pazazz but I rarely do that with this. I like sheen so I just apply a clear gloss on top and it looks great.

The packaging is pretty sturdy. It has a clear cap so you can see the color of the bullet and twists up just like any other lipstick. I only wish the tube was more elegant looking. The tube is silver with big black bulky writing that says "lipstick" and "L.A. Colors". Not very pretty. Definitely low quality packaging as if I didn't know what lipstick looked like. But whatever because it's the product that counts. There wasn't a big selection of colors there as this is the only one that I really liked but I am now willing to try and be more adventurous in dollar store makeup. I saw mascara that I might want to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

frosted lilac is a nice pale shimmery almost metallic,pink/lilac that is perfect for summer!love it!goes on smoothly,last long,inexpensive.