December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Super Oreal Blanc Professional Powder Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent product with no damaging effects. I use with 30 volume Oreal Creme developer and create gorgeous balayage highlights. Better results then when I go to the salon and absolutely no damage or brasiness. Happy bleaching.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Decided to try highlighting my hair because when I used box color had to buy to to cover all the hair, and I find it a major hassle. Watched a video on youtube (link below). The instructor, Marty from Salon Republic, clearly knows his stuff, and it's an excellent instructional for foiling highlights. Also, he shows you how to use a rat tail comb to pick out strands to be highlighted. It's a technique that takes a little practice and being practically blind I had to use a magnifying mirror to see what I was doing. He doesn't get too much into hair sectioning, but after watching the 5 minute or so video a couple of times, I felt fairly confident that I could do an adequate job.

I do my eyebrows w/ this too (although I know it's not recommended). This stuff is thick and creamy, and it was the easiest to apply of all the bleaches I've tried (Wellite and Kaleidocolors). Kaleidocolors requires heat to work properly, and that's a drag. I do recommend pairing this w/ 30 volume developer (unless you want your highlights to be subtle), especially if your hair is lift resistant like mine. For reference, I used one packet w/ two ounces of 30 volume Clairol Soy 4Plex developer.

Please note, there is a real learning curve to bleaching your hair. It does take a while to get the hang of it. So err on the side of caution with your developing time. Even though I'm only a dark blonde w/ say 25% gray, getting the white platinum hair has been an elusive process. Someday, I'll attain the white baby blonde I had naturally when I was a kid.

Cannot complain about this bleach: no fumes, minimal scent, enriched w/ deep conditioners, no irritation on my scalp whatsoever and little damage. Years ago, I would get a very itchy scalp from hi-lift blonding. So, after applying this mixture, I still had a decent amount left over, so I used it to scour my sink : D !