April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Biotherm - Biocils Lash Optimizer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by danidani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Waste of money. It says its for sensitive eyes but my eyes would burn after using this. I had to use a lot of product to wipe off my mascara, even thought it wasn't even a waterproof one. Too much fragrance, too oily and the packaging is so dumb it leaks everywhere when you shake it. I switched to Bioderma Crealine H2O and it makes a better job at removing eye make up for a third of the price. I think Biotherm is way overpriced..you get way better products by Avene, Bioderma or LRP for half the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given this product free from Elle Canada to blind test for their readers choice awards. So I was given 7 different eye makeup removers, their labels completely covered so I had no idea what I was using and each was to be used for 1 week. I didn't like this one, I found it too greasy and didn't remove makeup as well. My favorite it turns out was Nivea eye makeup remover for all skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by luvtoswim

I bought this because I really like other Biotherm products.
What a mistake! It's expensive & I found that it didn't work like the advertizing said it would. That wasn't the worst part.
I went on a short trip & packed it in my suitcase. Well due to the faulty lid, it leaked every where. Ruined a $600 Pashmere sweater, along with all my other clothes & suitcase lining. I took it back to Shoppers Drug Mart & they said that they have had alot of people returning this product for the same reason. I e-mailed Biotherm, 2 weeks later Biotherm e-mailed me back with a really snotty note about how when you travel by air, liquids will leak. I didn't travel by air. They said they pride themselves on their high level of quality. I thought that was funny considering the crappy lid on the bottle. If you do buy this beware of faulty lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by bikinipeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HOLY GRAIL eye makeup remover. I am one of those people who cannot go to sleep unless every tiny speck of eye makeup has been washed away. This does the trick every time, and with very little effort. I shake up the bottle and then wet two cotton pads with the product, generous but not sopping wet, and hold them against my eye area for about a minute. Then, using very light pressure, I swipe the pads over my eyes once or twice. I'm usually done at this point. If I'm wearing especially heavy eye makeup I may turn over the pads and repeat the process but no rubbing or fussing is required. My eye area always feel lightly moisturized afterwards, never dry or itchy. My lashes look better than ever, glossy and well conditioned. I barely ever lose a lash during makeup removal now so they honestly look longer and thicker. The 125mL bottle is around $30CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart, which is a little steep, but I think it's worth it. If it was $50CAD, I would still buy it, that's how much I love it. I have noticed that the product leaks out a little bit when i shake it, but it's only a tiny dribble. Still, for the price you'd think they could put a more secure lid on the bottle. The 125mL bottle lasts me about a month. All in all, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product. Minimum fussing, optimal results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I needed to spend $30 to get a good Biotherm gift and this was $31CAD. I don't normally use eye makeup removed because I use cleansing oil (Shu) which always does the trick.

First time using it: barely got my NON waterproof mascara off (this formula is geared towards waterproof makeup) and it migrated into my eyes which was uncomfortable.

Second time using it: still didn't remove all my makeup (and I don't wear exceptionally heavy eye makeup) but no migration into eyes.

I use this now occasionally, but only because I have it.

The scent is not noticeable, you need to shake it well prior to use, and I do like the look of the bottle. It has a squirt top to avoid contamination.

I haven't used it long enough to know if it does have any lash benefits...but I somehow doubt that it will.

The GWP that came with it was great, but I wouldn't buy this particular product again.