October 1, 2014 | 1208 users online

Moisturizers - Equate - Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by breakthenoise11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this moisturizer. It's the only thing I've found that leaves my skin hydrated all day. I do have to use 3 layers of it sometimes because of how awfully dry my skin is, but after I've used enough, it lasts all day. The only problem is that I can only find it at some Wal-Marts. And not very often.. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry, sensitive skin. The soy base is probably what makes it feel so soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lane87

I haven't compared it to Aveeno, though if it is comparable I wouldn't buy that version either. It moisturized all right, absorbed quickly, though I didn't see any improvement in my skin texture/look. I did notice after using it for a while I started getting a lot of irritated pores on my chin which turned into irritated zits.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There seems to be some confusion about this product. I meant to buy the Absolutely Beaming moisturizer by Equate after reading glowing (pun intended) reviews about it, but all I can find in the stores in my area is the Naturally Beaming Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer. Though I've heard that they are both basically the same product (the description and ingredients list for the products are the same) and are dupe-able with Aveeno's Positively Radiant Moisturizer, the price discrepancy is quite large. Those reviewing the Absolutely Beaming labeled lotion claimed to have paid "about/around $5" for the product, while the Naturally Beaming lotion by Equate was $9.47 at my Wal-Mart. But anyways, on with how it worked for me.

Honestly, this is not a bad lotion for being a generic brand. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, so I have to be very careful about what products I use and usually end up going for those that are oil-free and non-comedogenic. This doesn't claim to be either, but so far so good. I haven't had any new breakouts caused by this lotion, and when I use a pea-sized amount (actually, about half of a pea sized amount) it makes my skin soft but not at all oily or shiny. I apply it in the morning and at night before I go to bed, and I've noticed that when I apply it at night, my face is much less oily than it normally is when I wake up in the morning. Though it promises to "even out skin tone", only time will tell, as I have only been using the product for about 2 and a half weeks. But otherwise, I do recommend this product. The packaging is nice, and though I said I wouldn't buy it again, it's not a diss on the product. I just don't see myself using the bottle at the half-a-pea-size rate I'm going, and I am constantly trying new products. But yes, it's an okay moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this moisturizer...I had been using the Equate dupe for Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion, liked it ok, and don't usually like to try new moisturizers because they tend to be too greasy for my oily skin. But for $4.97 at Wal-Mart, I took a chance, and have to say I like it BETTER than what I was using before. The amazing thing that stands out to me is that my skin seems more "normalized," and less oily. It also seems to make my skin more even-toned. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This works for me. My skin had become irritated from food allergies. It was red, dry, and flaky. I began washing with aveeno calming cream for gentle cleansing. I needed a moisturizer that would aid in my skin's healing. I had wanted to buy aveeno calming moisturizer, but it was too much. I happened to see this and thought, why not. I'm glad I did. This stuff is great. I paid $6 for a great moisturizer. My face is no longer irritated, but soft, radiant and healed. I must say after using this, I have not had flaky skin, which is a definite plus in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MovieVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

01/18/13 UPDATE: Absolutely Beaming & Naturally Beaming is pretty much the same. Iv noticed recently the price change that Walmart has implemented. I no longer see it at $5.... now its closer to $10. I guess they saw how awesome it was and figured they were loosing money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did a review on the Equate Absolutely beaming...which is exactly the same as Naturally Beaming (don't know why the name has changed). Anyway, I still feel the same about the product after many months of trying different products. I eventually came back to this because it is cheap ($5 at Walmart) compared to the $15 that works just the same. I'm going to make this short because I already did this review for the Absolutely Beaming. But I love that it has SPF15 and to have combo/oily skin, this doesn't make it any greasier. It sets in nicely and gives it a great base to apply make-up. Try-it, u don't have much to lose...except maybe $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by magica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I pick this Up at Local Walmart is Supposely Dupe for Aveeno
Positively radiant moisturizer but for less I find very similar like
TWINS but this doesnt have Shimmers like Aveeno, Equate is
good for dry skin is very rich hydrating comes great pump very
cheap cost $5 but Aveeno cost $15 this BIG difference Equate is super hydrating DONT use if youve oily skin can be
too rich and A little goes along way I love for this price I will re
purchase it I am very picky on moisturizer But this I find BARGAIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I wasn't expecting much from this because it's an off brand. The last time I bought a face moisturizer from aveeno It burned my eyes really bad and I didn't like it all that much for 15 bucks it's sitting in my makeup box with no use!!!! so I figured if I lost 5 bucks on this equate one it wouldn't matter. However I love it.. It doesn't make my face oily. It feels soft goes on smooth... I for sure will buy this again! I need an extra kick of SPF under my foundation... this is perfect. & at night I use a cream by Pond's

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by teriyakirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Terrible product! I tried this in pursuit of a more even skin tone however this made my face super oily even with a small amount used.... I also had a reaction within less than a week of using it! My skin is acne prone, and even though I used this in conjunction with my usual anti-acne routine, I saw more breakouts. Took this back today and got my money back! Avoid this if you have sensitive and/or oily skin...

Equate makes an AWESOME oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15 called "Beauty Lotion" -- definitely switching back to that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be incredibly blunt: I hate this moisturizer. I dislike it so much that I honestly DREAD putting it on my face and often (guiltily) forgo SPF protection because of it. I find it so disgustingly greasy and the way that it seems to just lay in a thick film across the surface of my skin makes me feel nasty. Often times through out the day while wearing this, the pungent stench of sunscreen that this moisturizer has aggravates me to the point where I have to remove it all together- and this is coming from a person who isn't sensitive at all to products with a fragrance. My skin is combination but tends to be a little on the dry side. This moisturizer just overloads and overpowers my skin in a very unflattering way. Never mind the fact that this moisturizer is meant to even out one's skin tone while protecting it from further damage. The revoltingly thick texture and horrific odor keeps me from even wearing it most of the time!

I was sucked into buying this because I wanted to try out the Aveeno moisturizer that this is supposedly a knock-off of, though I didn't have the money for it and didn't see the use in spending quite that much when I could get a knock-off for about $10 less. If the Aveeno moisturizer is as even remotely as horrible as this one is, then I find myself EXTREMELY fortunate that I didn't spend the extra $10 on it. Never again...