September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Deodorants - Bubble and Bee Organic Deodorants

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am giving this a "4" only because some of the scents are pretty horrendous.
Personally, though, I LOVE the Geranium Lime scent, so I would give that product a 5.
Lemongrass scented deodorant in this line is very nice too.
All the other scents are...not so great. Truly Herbal smelled rancid to me. Lemon Clove - really unpleasant. Patchouli Lemon Clove - WAY too much patchouli to the point where it almost smells like BO, sort of negating the whole point of deodorant.
That being said, the Geranium Lime Pit Putty (that's what they call their deodorant line), and the Lemongrass Pit Putty are great products. I ordered them with baking soda added which ups their effectiveness. Actually I find them about as effective as any chemical deodorant, and the ingredients are all natural! It's pretty amazing. Not only are they deodorants, but they are also anti-perspirants, maybe because of the baking soda? Keeps me dry and relatively scent-free. (I may need an occasional touch-up on a hot busy day, but usually not). The product is a little awkward to use because it's a stick deodorant, but the texture is a bit "soft' and putty-like. The solution is just to roll up the deodorant a tiny bit, just a fraction of a centimeter showing, so the stick doesn't break when you apply it. I do highly recommend the Geranium Lime and the Lemongrass product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the "Super" Pit Putty with baking soda (I've tried every scent of the "Super" but the original with patchouli). I love this stuff! It's an all-natural deodorant that actually works...all day! Despite sounding very floral, this scent is more citrus than floral and is very refreshing. It's great for either men or women. Both my husband and I really like it. I am not fond of very feminine floral scents, so I was hesitant to try this, but the geranium oil in this product just softens the lime oil scent and creates a nice and clean fragrance that is pretty uplifting. My husband and I have been using the 'super' version, which just has baking soda added for a little extra deodorizing. It's even moderately effective as an antiperspirant thanks to the arrowroot powder, although that isn't what it is or what it is sold as. I appreciate the fact that I actually know what all of the ingredients are.
I have repurchased this about 5 times. I love it, have been using it for over a year, and have also purchased it for family members. It is the most effective natural deo I've ever tried, even keeps my husband and I stink-free during workouts. It won't keep you completely dry, but I don't mind that.
"Super Geranium/Lime Pit Putty" ingredients: organic arrowroot powder, organic coconut oil, organic lime essential oil, and geranium essential oil.
Find it at the bubble & bee online store. Good stuff!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by mg84

I tried a Bubble & Bee deodorant for the first time just today (I chose the Spearmint & Tea Tree / Baking soda stick). I found out about this company while searching for natural deodorants on the internet, and I thought it was nice that they try to make products as natural as possible. I've also found that if you email the company with a question, they are pretty helpful and glad to provide you with information or advice. Unfortunately, I applied this deodorant around 6 hours ago, and I would say that after about 3 or 4 hours, I didn't feel very fresh. It doesn't leave me with a lot of odor, but I don't think this is something that I could put on with confidence before going out of the house. I tested this out today while at home, and I was wearing light / breathable clothing. I've also gone a long time without using general antiperspirants (as the company recommends to try doing). Aside from this, I can say that I haven't experienced any irritation yet, and the product is fairly easy to use as well. This scent is pretty mild and not unpleasant. In a way I had a feeling that this deodorant might not be effective for me. I tried to make my own deodorant a little while ago, using similar ingredients to the Pit Putty, but it wasn't very effective for me either. I still look forward to maybe trying out some of the other products that Bubble & Bee makes at some point. I might try to test this out for a little while longer and I'll be sure to update if there are changes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Pazita821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried the Super Geranium Lime Pit Putty. For me it was OK.

Pros:
- It is completly natural.
- I liked the smell
- It lasted me a year

Cons
- Some days it protected me and some days it made me sweat more than when I don't use deodorant.
- I live in a cold city so the deodorant always had a hard consistency, but when I went on vacation to a warmer city this deodorant was a mess! It had the consistency of tooth paste!

I know that if you a deodorant doesn't work Bubble and Bee has an exchage policy. I'm not from the USA so this wasn't an option for me. But for other people I think this is great. Maybe next time I place an order I will try another scent, maybe the scent I tried wasn't the one for me and because of that some days it worked and some days it didn't.

This company is amazing, I love their products, I've almost tried them all and they are great. Plus I love their customer service.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by larkin587

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I left a review of the Lemongrass Pit Putty in the geranium-lime forum. I have been using the lemongrass putty now for over a month, and it has held up pretty well. Sometimes after intense workouts, I find that I need to reapply.

I just bought Bubble and Bee's Design-a-Spray in Raspberry-Vanilla-Lemon to complement the lemongrass putty. The results are amazing-my armpits smell like raspberry lemonade, and stay odor free for a longer time! If you find that the deodorant needs an extra boost, I would highly recommend getting a complementary spray.

I also tried the Spearmint and Tea Tree pit putty...AMAZING! The spearmint smells so good, while the tea tree adds some depth. I alternate the different putty's, using the spearmint one for heavy duty tasks such as working out.

I highly recommend these putty's, they work really well, and have no toxic chemicals. You owe it to yourselves to give them a try, and if it doesn't work out, the company has amazing costumer service, and will go to great lengths to see that you are satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have searched FOREVER to find a natural/organic deodorant that doesn't have any "hidden bad stuff" in it (such as aluminum in the crystal deodorants, fragrance, PEG's, etc). My search has finally come to an end!! Bubble and Bee has a TON of deodorants to choose from, and if one doesn't work for you, you can exchange it for another kind! I personally like the "super pit putty", "lemongrass pit putty" and "spearmint and tea tree pit putty". I love that you can choose either a spray form of deodorant or a solid. I found that using a spray first, followed by a solid deodorant is the most effective (I sweat a lot!). It is necessary to keep the solid deodorants in the refrigerator over the summer though, because they do melt!