July 29, 2014 | 1877 users online

Concealers - Pixi - Correction Concentrate- Brightening Peach

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Covers my dark circles well, but it always feels so thick and cakey under my eyes so it deters me from using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by noell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't a rave review, but I like this product a lot, and will buy it again.
Let's start with the cons:
a) This concealer is too expensive for the amount you get. Period. The glass tub is TINY, and Pixi packages it for the shelf inside of a much larger box, giving you the impression that there will be a lot of product. This is very misleading.
b) The product formula is just a tad greasy. I'm fine with that because I can be a bit dry around my eyes but those with oilier skin may want to try something else.
The pros:
This concealer works exactly as the description says it will, which is almost unheard of. It's a rich, lovely peach color that corrects dark circles and blue veins.
It has no discernable smell - a BIG plus to me.
Pixi wins again with packaging. The tub may be very small, but it's adorable - you can leave this product sitting out on your vanity, and the mint-green cap with the pixi on it looks retro and chic.

TIPS:
-A little goes a long way. I made the mistake at first of dipping 2 fingers in the pot to get product (one finger per eye area), but only half of this was needed.
-Play around with this concealer at first. It really does take 5-6 uses to get the hang of exactly how much you need and exactly where to apply it.
-Try setting it with powder. I've been setting it with Bare Minerals Well Rested concealer powder, and that works beautifully for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is creamy, has great coverage, and doesn't settle into fine lines unless I've overdone it. I have minor dark circles under my eyes, a little extra pigmentation around my mouth/chin, and major dark spots that get left behind for ages after i have any kind of acne. This works like a dream to cover these problem-areas up! I love this enough that i use it every single time that i put on makeup. I like using small foundation brushes on it (like Sonia Kashuk's 114 or Real Techniques small pointed foundation brush) for under my eyes or I'll use a makeup sponge for dark spots and it covers everything perfectly. My only issue with this product is that it dries my skin out! I noticed very quickly that areas i use it in regularly (under my eyes, the sides of my nose, the sides of my mouth) got drier and drier. It's really unfortunate because not enough drugstore companies make peach-toned color correctors (if they do they're watery, but for the most part it's only green color corrector). At $12 i have been thinking of just purchasing a high end color corrector, but for now, I'm loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by jmarie68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today and used it for the first time, so will have to update the packaging rating later as I get farther into the pot. That being said, I love this! I am very fair skinned and have hereditary dark circles that don't go away no matter how much crap I slather on or how much rest I get. In the past, I just used a liquid concealer from no specific drugstore brand but didn't realize how much I was missing out. This cancels out the blueish dark circles perfectly and blends into my skin like a flipping dream. It creases a little bit but I just gently blend back in with my pinky finger and all is fixed. I have been researching the Bobbi Brown corrector and was contemplating buying that but decided to go with this instead so I cannot compare the two. However, the Bobbi Brown is $24 dollars for just half the amount of product you get with this for only $12.

The only concern I have with this is that Vitamin A is listed as one of the ingredients, about half way down. While vitamins are good for the skin, Vitamin A in particular can form free radicals on the skin and speed the the development of skin tumors when combined with sunlight. It can also make skin more sensitive to sunlight. So at the very least, make sure to wear a large pair of sunglasses if you're wearing this and at the beach or out in the sun for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by troo12

When I first tried this I completely misunderstood it. I used too much and in all the wrong ways. So I set it aside. I've now come to appreciate this product! A small dab in the corner of my undereye and bam! My undereyes are no longer grey but a fresh skin color. My advice is to use very little, make sure to spread it smoothly and don't spread beyond the eye circle or it further eccentuates the discoloration :) I like that I can use it even when I don't put on foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by BmovEfyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On my second jar of this stuff. It used to be around 15 dollars but they have come down (?) I think to 12.00. This is a brighten(er) meant to minimize-counter act the blue or purple shadows or circles under your eyes. I does help if you put a concealer first -I layer a thin or dot on my concealer first then apply the cream brightenr/corrector on my circles. If you have noticeable eye bags try avoiding putting the product on them, as it may make them more apparent. Minimal creasing at the end of the day, but my eye wrinkles are not that deep. It seems to moisturize just the right amount. It lasts most of the day but if you live in a humid or hot climate try dusting a thin layer of your favorite setting powder over it. No spring chicken here, over 40 if you need to know. I have mostly yellow tones in my skin (NC20-25 mostly) but pink as well so the peach shade works quite well with my skin. I have been plagued by purple-ish circles( the eye hollows don't help) my entire life and this makes me look a little less like an extra for The Walking Dead. Soooo cant complain. If there is something better out there PM me but I think this is my Holy Grail /hg m/u product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by urielthecat

I bought this because of the good reviews and I am in love with this. I had trouble finding a good concealer even though I have the hard candy one but its not really good on my eyes. I wanted something more natural for my eyes. This product does the trick. First your fingers warm this up good enough when you apply it underneath your eyes and pat it. I apply it all around my eyes and now I get nothing but compliments on how great I look. I use it everyday and I still have plenty so I dont know what you guys are doing. I even use too much sometimes but honestly its worth it. At first you'll feel like it does nothing but hold up, it actually does the trick. I also thought at first I wasted some money but oh no my friend this is great stuff. I've never tried it on any other parts of my face so I can't say for sure if it works well on that or not. But its a good product. Does not look orange to me either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Denis_Lopez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am middle-aged and have a pale olive, yellowish-greenish hue to my skin. The salmon/peach color in this concealer actually WORKS to cover my very dark circles! It also lasts all day, which is nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was very excited to give this product a try. Now that I've had it for about a year, I definitely feel like I can give the good and bad on it, more bad than good. First of all, the tub is VERY small and it was expensive. The product is NOT superconcentrated like some products in small containers, so yes, if you used this daily, you would run out very quickly, and this would become an expensive habit. Second, on me, this looked nearly orange. It's orangish in the container and orangish on my skin, which is a cool pale color. It certainly has no concealing properties, so forget putting it under your eyes, unless you already have a couple of layers of other products concealing your circles. I've also tried dotting it around the edges of my eyes and at my browbones: it just looks weird, not shimmery, more like ill-matched foundation that didn't blend right. The pot is also SO small that getting a pinky finger in it without gashing the product with your nail is almost impossible...use a brush, you say? The texture is so thick and dry, it comes out in little clumpy balls when I try to coax it out with a brush. I am not a fan. There are far better looking/ performing brightening products out there than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I was looking for something to counteract my dark blue/purple under my eyes and in the inner corners. I have very light skin and all you can see it the veins. This stuff is the only corrector that has seriously concealed them. You can use this all over your face too.

This was recommended to me by a Youtube commenter who has the same issues and was comparable to Benefit. I wasn't sure if the Benefit would work and didn't want to put the money down, so she said this was the same thing for $12.

This is hands down the best corrector for those blue/purple veins that wont go away no matter how much sleep you get etc. Very fair girls/guys, you know what I mean. You can wear this without anything else, it's that good. It just makes your eyes look normal colored lol. Very salmon in color and thick. It doesn't move or anything either, just be sure to set it with powder. I use it on my lids too a lot because my lids are stained blue too.

Great product!