October 24, 2014 | 956 users online

Moisturizers - Rosewater & Glycerin/Seamollient

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

I've used Rosewater and Glycerin sprays for several years. They're really nice to refresh dehydrated skin especially during winter when you're usually subjected to the drying effects of forced air heat. While convenient, it certainly would never replace my moisturizing creams. Since I'm such a product junkie, I usually forget about this little gem. While going through my collection of stuff, I came across a slightly used spray bottle of Heritage brand. I also came across some leftover Seamollient I purchased from GoW about a year ago. Seamollient is a viscous gel derived from algae which "binds moisture and hydrates skin and hair, leaves a skin-tightening effect on the skin and produces sustained skin moisturization". I used it in formulating some skin products and tried it in conditioner, but wasn't blown away by the results. So as to free up some space, I decided to add the rest of my seamollient to the Rosewater & Glycerin spray and see what happened. My initial concentrations were approx. 20% seamollient to 80% Rosewater/Glycerin (I've since diluted to 10/90 with similar effects).

My favorite way to use this mixture is in my hair (see my review), but it's also really nice to use on skin. Like the regular Rosewater & Glycerin spray, I usually use this as a refresher (over makeup) over the course of the day. The addition of the seamollient seems to "supercharge" the effects. I get a nice instant plumping effect on my skin. I also think the combination of the moisture binders (glycerin and the seamollient) is having a synergistic effect and the "film forming" component of the seamollient may be helping to seal and trap the bound moisture to the skin.

And the best part? Dirt cheap! You of course, can make your own glycerin/ water mix but I use Heritage brand Rosewater & Glycerin which cost me $4/ 4 oz. The seamollient was $2/2 oz. (GoW has been backordered on this product for a while, so good luck getting it). Using the above percentages, I have made enough to last me a few years.