August 22, 2014 | 1871 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Five Color Eyeshadow Palette - Blue Dahlia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

It took me a while to work with these colours to create a great look. I agree with other reviewers' comments on the dark blue - used on my lids it smears quite easily but I find the other colours work really well with the dark blue used purely as a liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Geeves1980

Unfortunately I was unable to test this at the counter as it was the only one left in stock and the counter display tester had been removed.
Had I been able to swatch I would not have bought this, especially for the full price of 35.
The colour combination and concept is lovely, the peacock blue teal colour is a very beautiful and 'grown up' bright colour, all too often colours such as this are also too frosted or shimmery, this is not.
Unfortunately the pigmentation on all colours really let this palette down, I'm confused as to how most other review praise the pigmentation.
The colours are very sheer and quite dry and powdery. The dark blue, in particular, is quite dry and 'dusty' and very easily blends away. It also loses the blue tone easily once applied and blended. The taupe grey could be nice but is the sheerest of them all and blends away to the point it disappears.
The peacock blue has reasonable pigmentation, but is still quite sheer and therefore a little subdued. It does have a nice sheen to it though and after a bit of work packing it on, I can achieve reasonable intensity.
The black liner shade is the most pigmented, but is not the best black eyeshadow out there.
For the price, I was expecting much better quality and was quite disappointed. How they achieved such a striking visual with these colours I don't know.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by jellyjelly

The colors are drop dead gorgeous. The "white" in here is actually very sheer with a blue/turquoise glitter. It's hard to keep it on the eyelids or have it brighten anything without it looking chalky. I would say its awesome to pat onto the blues included in this palette. I think the eyeshadows could have been a bit softer/more pigmented. The black in this palette is amazing but the blues really need a base. Estee has some GREAT eyeshadows but these are not their best. I was in lust with that navy blue color but its one of the least pigmented in the palette. It almost comes off as a chalky dry mess on the skin...and then you have to rub it in the get the pigments to spread. Not cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette for my mom and played with it a bit myself. I love it! The colors are so beautiful, so finely milled and pigmented. Application is a dream. It comes with two applicators, one of which is a two-sided applicator, a sponge on one side, and a brush on the other. My only wish is that they both have brushes. I compared this palette head-to-head with my latest Chanel palette (Stupendous), and my mom and I agreed that the Estee Lauder wins. The quality of the eyeshadows, the quality of the packaging, the colors (is it just me or has EL really stepped up their game lately?), all are top-notch. My next eyeshadow palette purchase will be from Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by CosmetopianGirl

Love, love, love, these palattes. At $42 is is expensive, but when the individual shadows are $20 and you get five colors and the wonderful, glamorous, expensive looking packaging that is always associated with any Estee Lauder product, who cares? This palette is exactly what makeup is all about, wipping out a golden encased product to do a quick touch up! The colors are highly pigmented and long lasting, just be careful of powder fall out! The colors can be used individually, a combination of two, or three, or use all the colors for the dramatc Blue Dahlia look. I also found that I I was creating the entire look a tiny touch of concealer under my brow bone made this look polished. I also have the same palette in Surreal Violet and that is perfect too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by gorki

Great colors. The teal is to die for. The white with blue shimmer and the taupe ones are really wearable, and the darker shades can make a smoky eye look just fabulous. The quality is also amazing, definitely the smoothest i've ever tried. I will not repurchase just because of the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by vayalios

Great pigmentation, wise color combination. Great buy. They last all day. It reminds me of Dior quality (and much better than Mac). I did not think Estee Lauder did such great eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by korina25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful palette.almost all colours are wearable.a stunning pearly teal,a deep pearly blue,a glittering medium gray-olive-brown,a matte black and a transparent white with purple glitter.great for an alternative smokey eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Josie4468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this palette because I'm in love with the teal shade which is everywhere this season, and happily discovered these shades to be more wearable than I thought. I had thought to use the teal & blue shades as liners only but discovered that by shaking my brush before applying to remove excess product and using a good blending brush, even these dark shades were quite wearable. Also, although teal & blue are generally not considered everyday shades, I have been wearing the teal everyday on top of my regular brown shadow to add a little pizzazz. The teal blends very nicely with my regular shadow and gives me a lovely updated fall look for day, and can be applied heavier for a more dramatic night look. These are easily blended, have good staying power, true color, and although this palette isn't cheap, it also isn't as expensive as Dior, YSL, etc., so I gave it a 4. The packaging is pretty and the shadows are well distributed. The included applicators are pretty good as far as those go. Overall, an A+++ !