April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick in White

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by bbpandabear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I rated this fairly high solely because of the color - "white." I am a concealer junkie so I naturally had to have it when it caught my eye during a CVS run. This is the closest shade of concealer I have found to match my pale skin. I have always wanted to find a concealer lighter than my skin and this is as close as I have ever come which makes it great for masking underneath my eyes (my main concern is purple under eye bags - thanks genetics). This concealer, however, is not great for blending and I must wear it with other concealers. My running theory is to use this badboy under the purple, then add my normal concealer that is more blendable on top. In this way, I can exploit this concealer for its best feature - the color (or lack there of :] )

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by 8piink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this white concealer I've tried to of the line concealers, but this one has been the best to conceal tired bagged eyes. I also use to high light and for broken capillaries by my nose. But one thing about it, i do not like putting mineral oil on my face at all, its bad but the concealer i bought said its ingredients are

Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Ozekerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydrostearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben.

But on ulta.com, they say there ingredients contain mineral oil. So does the product have mineral oil but the packaging does say all ingredients? Or is the one i have a newer formula and mineral oil was the older formula? i love it but stopped using it until i know what i am putting on my face.

Please help!!!!!!
8piink@gmail.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Unless you are super duper pale, this is not really your typical concealer. It is a corrector and Maybelline also makes yellow and green correctors as well. It is great as a matte highlighter and brightener. I use it in place of shimmery highlighters when I do some light contouring on my face. When everything is blended together it brightens those areas of my face and draws them out without adding shimmer. Then I can go back and selectively add shimmer to the highlighted areas if I wish.

Much respect to Maybelline for making a white concealer. No other drugstore line makes one. I haven't had any issues with it causing me to break out. The texture is not extremely dry but not extremely creamy either, somewhere middle of the road. I have found I only need a small amount otherwise it is difficult to blend out but when using a small amount it blends and brightens without leaving my skin paler or white looking. When I have everything blended together my skin looks great and it seems to help mask the size of my pores, which I take issue with (the size of my pores naturally, not this product helping to mask them). Seems to hold up fairly well, I don't turn into an oil slick as easily.

My one giant issue with this product is the packaging. The stick breaks really easily. I broke it the second time using it just by applying normal gentle pressure. So that kind of sucks but other than that, I think this is a great product for my intended purpose and I will definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think the only real reason I bought this a second time was because I still haven't found a concealer that works and is actually close to my pale skin color. I only use this under my eyes to help with at least some of the darkness. It isn't blendable at all and I really have to work it in with my fingers to get it blend in with my foundtion and it can be very cakey and crease. It also doesn't last very long but, I'll still but it until I find an affordable concealer that works and matches my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Yeesh. This concealer is like the Great Lash of concealers; it's so popular yet so terrible.
This product is an enigma to me; it flat out refuses to blend into my skin yet lasts about an hour tops. Add to that, its looks cakey and will emphasize every pore you never knew you had.
What kept me from giving it a 1 is that I appreciate that Maybelline has realized that there are deathly pale girls out there.
At least they tried... I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I'm a tad embarrassed that the concealer to perfectly fit my skin tone is in the color 'white', but I'm rolling with it. This stick colcealer from Maybelline comes in a tube like a lipstick would, with a twist up thingie and a cap. It isn't pure white like the names implies, there is a bit of skin tone color in it. I am very fair skinned, with some acne (but mostly scarring) to cover up. I can use this on blemishes if I want to, but prefer my coverblend multi-function concealer for that. I use this under my eyes and on any redness, and also as a subtle highlight on top of my cheeks. It looks quite natrual on, but can easily get cakey, which is why I rerely cover blemishes with this. I definitely do like it, and would repurchase. One thing to note is that it isn't super creamy like most stick concealers I've tried are. This is slightly on the drier side, which I prefer for covering redness and highlighting. For us pale girls, I think this is an awesome find. But, that being said, I actually WOULDN'T repurchase this, just because the formula isn't the best and I have concealers I like more. The reason I rated this higly is because if you have minor skin issues and are very fair, this would be perfect. It's just not for me, since I prefer fuller coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I like this a lot for blemishes, and dark spots. I have the green cover stick that I use for redness, but the white is great for any dark areas, and even when used lightly around my eyes. I'm super fair (NC-10-15) so I can get away with using it under my foundation. The formula is creamy, and I could even see using this on my inner corner if applied with a light hand. The only downside is the stick seems like it bends, and may break off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by beautyamanda143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WARNING do not use if you have dry skin it exsposes ur flakes and everything even if u did put mosturizer on beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Texture- creamy

Application- applies well on well moisturized skin and blends easy. But if you skin isn't moisturized then it looks cakey and is hard to blend. Blends well under reg. concealer too.

Coverage- it has pretty good coverage and also acts like a highlight/brightener too, to really help hide dark circles and imperfections.

Lasting power- pretty good. really no problem with it fading