April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Foundations - Sleek - Creme to Powder Foundation Oil-Free

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by arziette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Probably one of the worst foundation I had worn on my face!

Application was easy and made me look flawless, although it was a little hard to cover my acne scars which had already been concealed. I used damp BeautyBlender (although it's fine to use the sponge itself) and after application, my skin did not look so matte, although it could be because of my damp BeautyBlender. So, I used the sponge dry and my skin looks good.

Here's where my negative reviews come in:
After around 2 hours wearing it out, I was so horrified to see my skin so shiny! I thought it being oil-free would make my skin less oily. I touched my nose and noticed it wasn't as oily as it looked (there wasn't so much oil! but the finishing of the foundation made my skin shine. Don't really know how to explain, but I looked so oily. Thought my skin was active in producing too much sebum that day, but even after blotting and touching up with the same foundation, I still looked oily.

Moreover, my acne scars were beginning to show up, like I didn't use concealer. Probably the lasting power was not so good. And my skin looked tired with this product on it, as I could see fine lines on my forehead (which I had never noticed with my previous foundation)

This product was a disappointment to me as I saw some good reviews of it here. Maybe it works for others but just not for me. Luckily, the price was affordable and the packaging was not a problem. I'm a fan of Sleek's eyeshadows and lip products but never buying its foundation again. Switching back to my previous one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ArmaniJadaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my favorite foundations! I have combination skin and this works well for me! I am mac NC42 and I use Fudge, only downfall would be packaging and it does need powdering despite the name

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

i love this because its medium to full coverage so I use it as a concealer. The only issue I have is my tzone still gets oily after about 4 hours . I have oily skin - this doesn't break me out at all so I will continue to use it. I will use a primer and see if the oiliness stops but love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

My tan faded and wanted to try new foundations for my lighter skin, so decided to purchase this sample. It was only $3 and some change online so I thought why not. I'm actually wearing it today! Not bad so far. My skin looks nice and the color Fudge matches me perfectly atm (last color in the light/Medium sample). Oil control is not that great. Started getting oily after 3hrs. I still prefer Hourglass Immaculate for mattifying. Overall not bad at all. Will edit if anything changes (break outs, dryness, etc).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

after reading some tempting reviews, i bought the tester kit in fair/light and light shade.

the package is okay, functional, and look good.
at the beginning i kinda like it. i finally find the perfect foundation shade for me , which is #Shell. it's kinda weird because im asian, NC25 with strong yellow undertone and im not supposed to be that fair in Sleek's chart.but anyway, for all these years my face is DARKER than my neck & chest. maybe my face is NC25, but im not sure about the rest.

i have trouble applying it as well. i use my foundation brush, but it wont slide. it just sticks there on my face like paint blots.so i have to use damp sponge to cover the whole area.it takes quite some time, and i dont like this kind of trouble.
also, it smells terrible, like some damp rag. im not kidding, this thing smells weird, and annoying, and the smell stays there until i took it off.
next thing i dont like, it dries me out, like gives me flaky-wrinkled skin.this is odd, really, because i have a very oily T-zone, and even that area turns to dry & flaky patches while im using this.
i want to love it :( i really do, but i cant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I order a sample of this labelled for light/medium skin tone. It arrived in a plastic container with 5 compartments with various shades. I was surprised to find even the lightest shade is too dark for me, at the present I am NC40 (summer). To my guessing, the lightest shade in this sample kit will be NC 50.
If I knew ahead of time, I should order the fair/light kit.
Texture-wise, to say this is cream to powder is misleading, its more like a very dry cream foundation. By itself, it is kind of hard to spread. By adding a dab of silicone primer, all dry cakey foundation becomes creamy & smooth. The product does have good pigment. I don't know if the full size is as dry as the sample I received, but given the way Sleek labelled their colour, I will stay away for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: after 2 months of using this i gave up. my skin 'got used to it' and it started wearing off very quickly. it also got very hard to blend. A compact lasted me TWO weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by people52005

In the past, I used to turn my nose up at sleek products because I associated it with the black hair and beauty shops with the shabby looking stall. However, since they launched it in superdrug's, the packaging and overall image has greatly improved. What I like most about sleek is that they offer affordable makeup for women of color, which can be difficult to find. I was currently using maybelline 24hr superstay foundation in the cocoa shade. After reading the positive reviews, I decided to try this creme to powder foundation. For my combination skin, I always want a foundation that is oil-free. I bought this in the hot chocolate shade and it cost me 7. I have to say, when I tried it on, I was very impressed with the result. It's medium to full coverage but it looked natural and airbrushed, it didn't have a cakey or mask like result. Also, it was very quick and easy to apply and even though the foundation supplied is quite small, you honestly just need a tiny bit because it blends so smoothly into the skin. The staying power is excellent aswell. I put this on at 7am in the morning, I came home at 5pm and then I excercised and it looked completly flawless and fresh; I didn't even have to set it with powder!! In terms of transfer, it does transfer abit, but only if you rubbed your face hard. It also comes with a sponge and a mirror so it is very portable. However, I think it's good to change the sponge regularly because bacteria can harbour on them. An excellent foundation, which I can't fault at all!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation! I've had numerous compliments on my skin since using this foundation. I have this in Shell, the lightest shade, which is a perfect match for me (NW15, BB Sand, ELDW Shell). An amazing range of shades for medium or darks skins, but limited light shades and nothing for the truely fair, alabaster beauties out there. I love the coverage, which is a nice medium with one swipe though it can be built up for full coverage. Lasts all day with no touch ups. I powder to set, but it's not necessary for those w/o oily skin. I would not recommend this foundation for those with dry skin as it will catch on dry patches. I make sure to moisturize (w/spf of course) before applying this to makes sure it doesn't catch on my drier areas (nose, cheeks, jawline). I've experienced no breakouts from this foundation, and I am acne-prone with combo-oily skin. I love the sponge it comes with; it applies the product like a dream and washes well w/o losing it's integrity. The compact includes a mirror and a separate chamber for the sponge. I alternate this one with other foundations (to be fair I have 6 in current rotation and I don't want any of them to go off) but as I use only one swipe per use with a dab here or there extra if needed, I expect that I'll have this one for several months. It runs quite cheap in the UK and runs around $10 US, though the shipping will get you (I bought this with a large order of palettes to make me feel better about the shipping cost). I'll be sure to pick one up next time I visit my Bestie in the UK.