August 30, 2014 | 923 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (Silver tin/100% natural reformulation)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Does this product do what it says it does - yes. Do I hate the smell - no. Do I have an issue with balms - no they have their place. Do I enjoy using this product and feel it gives me personally the best results possible - NOT AT ALL. So much so, that I actually threw my tin away knowing I would never use the rest. Why didn't I give it to a friend ... because tins of greasy product you smear on your fingers while on the go are gross! And I am one of those people who eats stuff that falls on the floor, who makes fun of people for being too germaphobic, who holds the railing at train stops, and I think this is just gross, gross stuff for my personal on the go needs. Please note - personal.

PROS:
- Moisturizes
- Smell nice
- Portable
CONS:
- WAY unsanitary for on the go - for me
- WAY too greasy for on the go - for me

Please please don't clobber me. I know many of you love this. I can see its good points. I think its great that its all natural. But for me - a busy working mom who commutes into and out of a busy urban area and who has dry thick cuticles - this stuff just doesn't fly.

For pure moisture - I love CND Solar Oil and use am and pm - when I have time to let the oil really absorb.

For on the go moisture and cuticle care - I love CND cuticle eraser. Its sanitary, it absorbs quickly, and it have a direct impact on the look of my cuticles. They look tidier, smaller and cleaner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I'll admit, I mostly bought this because I usually love all things lemon-scented, and I also liked the look of the tin.

Well, it's been established that the tin is actually a pain. The scent, to me, is not lemony--more of a generic citrus that reminds me of strong, fake, citrus-scented cleaning spray.

Performance was lacking imo. Sure, it provided a bit of moisture, but definitely no more than a good hand cream or tiny bit of oil, Aquaphor, anything really. I'm not going to bother finishing this, as I have plenty of the above products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product for dry, damaged cuticles. After making a commitment to growing my nails naturally and without acrylic tips I was really wanting to get my nails/cuticles into healthy condition. Burt's Bees really helped- having said that, unlike some other reviews here, I hate the smell!! It reminded me of a lemon dish soap!! I am not too fond of "citrusy" smells and this is really strong! I also do not like the silver tin container! Many times I have struggled to get the top on and off it's a pain! Because I like the product, I probably would repurchase but would think twice because of the smell and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by muddblood21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had the original formula (before they changed it) for years. I loved it then...and I love the new formula too. I honestly can't tell the difference, it still works and smells lovely. It is really great for hands/nails. I have a problem with my cuticles getting dry and ragged and this stuff really takes care of it! I love the smell (light and lemony) and it absorbs quite fast. It is more of a "balm" than a "creme", it is very light and not heavy at all. The only reason I gave it a 4 for packaging is that it can be hard to open...I might suggest to Burt's that they consider making it a screw top instead? over all: happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

I never give any product 5 out of 5 stars, but I had to for this cuticle cream. I absolutely love the smell, it has a light citrus scent that makes me want to eat it :) At first I didn't think it was doing anything for me, it just felt like I was putting Vaseline on my nails but the more I used it in a day the more I noticed the softness in my cuticles and the appearance was so much more attractive. The packaging is really convenient to just throw in your purse and take it where ever you go, and the price for it was pretty cheap I paid more for mine at cvs but I'm sure you can get it a lot cheaper at Walmart. Definitely buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by allychristie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dont listen to negative comments. This product is amazing and the only cuticle cream ill use. Super convenient and handy, smells like lemon, and as soon as you get used to the somewhat different texture it is easy and nourishing to apply. really love it and makes my nails GROW..which is the best part of all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by yogurtland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

People!!! What are you talking about?? The formula is THE SAME, they just added couple more oils, the vit E is still there (tocopherol). Read carefully first before writing misleading reviews!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Wow. Just got the newly reformulated Lemon Butter and I'm impressed. I find it nourishes my nails and cuticles as well as the old formula. I applaud Burt's Bees efforts to go all-natural with this product and I'm glad performance was not compromised. With the old formulation, I could massage a small amount of product into my fingers and the dry skin around my nails would disappear and my cuticles looked soft and healthy. With this new formulation, my cuticles are as soft or as mositurized as before. I find it to be a little more slippy now and much easier to apply. The packaging is still the same and I know the tin gets mixed reviews, but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by kairos

I don't know about all the negative reviews this is getting - I really enjoy using it, though I don't know about the original formula as this is my first tin...
very well - first: yes it is a balm not a cream. but that is one of the reasons I like it. I don't like to mess around with a cream when I'm out and about. It's easy to use, absorbs quickly, leaves my cuticles smooth (+ I also use it directly on my nails as they get dry from constant nail polish applications) and I love the smell (I would describe as lemon-sorbet smell)... what's not to like? I recommend :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's not really a cream, it's more of a thick heavy wax and not what I was expecting. Whenever I put this on my hands it was too thick and greasy and got all over the place, plus the lemon scent was overly strong and the tin is hard to open. It does make a good lip balm, but it's too waxy and heavy for my taste to be used on the nail beds.