October 23, 2014 | 1195 users online

Treatments - Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I avoided this product due to the cost. I figured Sally's Hansen Hard as Nails with pink tint was the same thing at fraction of the cost. So so wrong. I finally caved in while shopping at Sephora and splurged on this lovely gem. I find I can wear my nails at longer lengths with this gel coat.

I'd say its a great nail treatment. My nails are strong like gels after application. It's not just a lovely pink tint, but contains UV brightener that make the white look whiter. I wear nail lacquer all the time so I have mild staining. This product makes my nails look like perfect pink-n-white manicure.

Applies just like polish. Rather quick drying. I am hard on my hands so I find the gel coat peels about 4 days of wear, which is comparable to my normal polish wear.

My only beef is the bottle cap design. Wish it was more like OPI, more surface area to hold and handle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I purchased my first bottle over a year ago and have been purchasing since. I started using after emergency surgery necessitated the removal of my solar nails, which was something that I had used for the better part of 15 years.

To say my nails were damaged was sugar coating the situation. The nurse's aid that removed my nails really did try to be gentle by soaking them with alcohol prep pads, this didn't do much so I told her to wait until my next dose of pain medication kicked in and just do the dirty deed, it still hurt something awful and the pain got worse before better. My nail beds bore holes on some fingers and were tissue paper thin on the rest. My nails were temperature sensitive for months, making even the task of washing my face or showering a cringe worthy task. I did the whole Shellac system for a while and even purchased the set-up to do at home. This is a lot of work and I soon grew tired of messing with it.

Right when I was ready to just go back to solar nails, I found this product. It coated my nails as well as Shellac, which helped immensely with the temperature sensitivity issue, but was as easy as slapping on clear polish. It made my nails look presentable while the damaged areas grew out. Now my nails are normal looking and I enjoy regular manicures with cute colors and designs. I really thought that I was going to have to go back to solar nails to hide my damaged nail beds but this stuff worked miracles for me. I have recommended to so many others and still use in place of clear polish when I go natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I work with my hands and get lazy with polish. My nailbeds have never been pretty.

Enter Pink Gel Coat. Holy crap. My fingernails look *cute*. Polished. Professional. Healthy, shiny, natural.

Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jenabee333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For $38 CAD a tiny bottle, I've resisted purchasing this for about 8 months. I put it on every time I go to Sephora and marvel at how pretty and natural my nails look. It's fast to put on and dries very quickly. All you need for a perfect looking at home manicure is to file, buff and polish. Definitely a must for gals like me who like glossy pink nails but not the maintenance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pink gel coat is the best nail product on the market. I'm middle-aged and have never been able to grow my nails out successfully until I found this product. One coat and I'm done. While it may seem expensive for a little bottle of this (.60 fl oz), the bottle lasts for months and it is a bargain in comparison to a weekly manicure for 4 weeks. I always have this on me and will never be without it. Try this and for faster growth and perfect cuticles, use it with their Daily Moisture oil. You will be amazed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is exactly what I needed for my poor, pealing, brittle nails. It looks beautiful on, like my nails are super healthy, and my only issue is that it does tend to peel off if I use it too often. My nails are growing out gorgeously though. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer the clear coat. Either way, I get rave reviews when I do my nails. Everyone assumes I have had a professional manicure. I just use a couple coats of this and it's a natural, but professional looking result. My only issue is that if I don't keep it up, my nails will break right along the area of the chipped or peeled polish. The good thing is that it takes about a week and a half to chip or peel. If I'm diligent and polish once a week, my nails remain perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by astroglidealyssa

I had acrylics on for a solid 2 years, then switched to the gel manicures and my nails were just shot... (I have a habit of peeling off my gel polish not soaking it off) so I needed something to wear while I let my nails recover. I chose this product because it has a brightening effect, which really works and makes my natural nail look awesome. I don't know why I waited so long to purchase this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by CChest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never had problem nails, but decided to give this a try because of the brightening properties. I loved it for this result; however, it totally ruined my beautiful nails. I never had such a mess--peeling and splitting like crazy. I had to cut them down to the quick for several months until my healthy nails came back (thank God).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by everyday_art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't find the reviews since it is still an "Unlisted Brand". Wish I would have read them before plunking down the big bucks on this worthless nail treatment. It makes my nails peel and break. Save your money and find another brand if you want nice nails. The pink sheen isn't worth it.