Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat

3.6

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Camphor, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Etocrylene, Formaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Calcium Pantothenate, D&C Red no.6 (CI15850), D&C Violet No. 2 (CI 60725).

on 4/20/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I wanted to try this forever but held off due to the price and mediocre reviews. I received the deluxe sample via sephora recently. Used it at least 4x. My nails are naturally long and strong so here's my review... The Good... The polish gives a nice sheer wash of pink to the nail bed after one coat. After 2 or 3 coats the pink color is much more prominent and the nail tip is indeed white. It dries to a high gloss finish and creates a stronger nail. Which is good. My already long nails look rather perfect. It's very pretty however... The Bad... This polish makes my nails a little brittle making it prone to breakage. It also does not last long on the nail. It peels extremely easily, which I don't mind since I have a bad habit of peeling nail polish off. I don't notice any faster growth to my nails, mainly because my nails grow fast on their own. I have been using this as a base coat for now but would not repurchase or recommend because for $30 there are tons of other nail treatments for a fraction of the cost.

on 4/18/2015 7:29:00 PM

I got this as a trial sized freebie from Sephora. I've tried the Sally Hansen pink 'hard as nails' before and figured this would be similar. Then I saw the price tag of this and couldn't believe it. I figured I'd better just enjoy my sample because no way would I ever pay that.

My hands go through A LOT. They are constantly in water, scrubbing things, etc and if I wear polish, it chips right away. Even clear doesn't work for me unless I reapply daily as it dulls and chips. My natural nails look so dull and rugged with nothing on them and I always want to hide my hands.

Over a week after applying this, my nails still looked like I just stepped out of a salon. If there were chips, I couldn't see them and my nails still had that beautiful polished glow. My nails looked brighter and healthier. I felt pampered and pretty, I kept looking at my hands.

As a busy mom whose nail polish never makes it for more than a day, this is the perfect, low maintenance polish to make me feel more put together. At this rate, it would probably take the better part of a year to go through the sample bottle. So if I did run out of this - yes, I actually would repurchase at full cost! It takes literally seconds to slick on a coat of this, my nails look so much nicer and the effect lasts for over a week... I'm sold.

My natural nails were strong to begin with so the 'strengthening' aspect wasn't much of a selling point for me, and I can't really comment in that department other than this stuff certainly did not make my natural nails worse. It finally got sunny here and I got to see how different they look in the sun. Hard to describe... still a glossy natural look but they kind of look like a uv light? I know that was a turn off to some reviewers but I thought it looked pretty cool.

on 2/24/2015 10:18:00 AM

Very similar product to Dior Nail Glow, this is a very expensive clear nail polish but Dior's is vastly superior. I'd recommend it over this any day.
The packaging SUCKS. The handle is small and flat and I find that I can barely hold on to it when applying this product to my nails. Also, for a nail polish bottle, the opening is humongous. Makes it difficult to wipe excess product off the brush. I have never used a nail polish that was bottled this way, it's terrible.
The brush is okay, I wish it was a little more stiff like Dior's. Overall, I just found this product to be difficult to apply neatly. And it also chips off faster than Dior Nail Glow.
As for the Perfect Pink Gel itself, it makes my nails look glossy and polished. The pink tint doesn't show up on my nails at all, except under fluorescent lighting. Nice product for when I just want my nails to look natural-but-better, with a bit of shine.
But I will not buy this again, it's Dior Nail Glow for me.

on 1/31/2015 1:31:00 PM

I bought this at Sephora after removing my acrylics. I've used it pretty regularly but haven't noticed my nails getting any stronger. I like the shine and the brightening effect, but I won't be repurchasing when I run out.

on 12/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

I should have researched this more before buying it in a kit from one of the shopping channels. At least better after reading that quite a few other ladies had just as many problems AFTER using this. I have auto-immune issues that affect my nails and they were improving until I decided to try this. Considering returning entire kit just because of this product.

on 7/24/2014 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

At first I avoided this product due to the cost. I figured Sally's Hansen Hard as Nails with pink tint was the same thing at fraction of the cost. So so wrong. I finally caved in while shopping at Sephora and splurged on this lovely gem. I find I can wear my nails at longer lengths with this gel coat.

I'd say its a great nail treatment. My nails are strong like gels after application. It's not just a lovely pink tint, but contains UV brightener that make the white look whiter. I wear nail lacquer all the time so I have mild staining. This product makes my nails look like perfect pink-n-white manicure.

Applies just like polish. Rather quick drying. I am hard on my hands so I find the gel coat peels about 4 days of wear, which is comparable to my normal polish wear.

My only beef is the bottle cap design. Wish it was more like OPI, more surface area to hold and handle.

on 4/16/2014 6:17:00 PM

I purchased my first bottle over a year ago and have been purchasing since. I started using after emergency surgery necessitated the removal of my solar nails, which was something that I had used for the better part of 15 years.

To say my nails were damaged was sugar coating the situation. The nurse's aid that removed my nails really did try to be gentle by soaking them with alcohol prep pads, this didn't do much so I told her to wait until my next dose of pain medication kicked in and just do the dirty deed, it still hurt something awful and the pain got worse before better. My nail beds bore holes on some fingers and were tissue paper thin on the rest. My nails were temperature sensitive for months, making even the task of washing my face or showering a cringe worthy task. I did the whole Shellac system for a while and even purchased the set-up to do at home. This is a lot of work and I soon grew tired of messing with it.

Right when I was ready to just go back to solar nails, I found this product. It coated my nails as well as Shellac, which helped immensely with the temperature sensitivity issue, but was as easy as slapping on clear polish. It made my nails look presentable while the damaged areas grew out. Now my nails are normal looking and I enjoy regular manicures with cute colors and designs. I really thought that I was going to have to go back to solar nails to hide my damaged nail beds but this stuff worked miracles for me. I have recommended to so many others and still use in place of clear polish when I go natural.

I work with my hands and get lazy with polish. My nailbeds have never been pretty.

Enter Pink Gel Coat. Holy crap. My fingernails look *cute*. Polished. Professional. Healthy, shiny, natural.

Worth every penny.

on 3/20/2014 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

For $38 CAD a tiny bottle, I've resisted purchasing this for about 8 months. I put it on every time I go to Sephora and marvel at how pretty and natural my nails look. It's fast to put on and dries very quickly. All you need for a perfect looking at home manicure is to file, buff and polish. Definitely a must for gals like me who like glossy pink nails but not the maintenance.

on 2/19/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This pink gel coat is the best nail product on the market. I'm middle-aged and have never been able to grow my nails out successfully until I found this product. One coat and I'm done. While it may seem expensive for a little bottle of this (.60 fl oz), the bottle lasts for months and it is a bargain in comparison to a weekly manicure for 4 weeks. I always have this on me and will never be without it. Try this and for faster growth and perfect cuticles, use it with their Daily Moisture oil. You will be amazed!