August 28, 2014 | 1555 users online

Lip Gloss - The Body Shop - Love Gloss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased #16 although it is called fuchsia it is anything but....it looks more pinky peach on me. I love it. It feels light on the lips not sticky or tacky. Has a nice color pay off that lasts pretty well for a gloss. The applicator is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in 01 which is basically a pink so pale that it's more or less clear. I generally use clear glosses or pale pinks or for more colour, Black Honey.

I like this gloss so much I purchased four of them -- one each for my purse, gym bag, home, and a spare. Another reviewer said this is a repackaging of the discontinued Liquid Lipcolour. I don't believe this is correct. I used the other product, disliked it, and wrote a review a while ago. The Love Gloss is a really nice product. Why? Let me tell you.

- no strong taste or fragrance; I don't like flavoured glosses and while this does have a faint fruity scent, I need to practically have my nose on the applicator to smell it.

- applicator is perfect. It's a flexible triangular-shaped sponge-covered tip that applies beautifully. I don't need a mirror; it swipes perfectly across my lower lip and then easily outlines each half of my upper lip.

- I prefer a cylinder tube with applicator rather than just a squeeze tube for application. I had problems twisting the Liquid Lipcolour tube open if I had just used lotion on my hands; no such problem with the Love Gloss. Tube stays shut when you want it shut and easily twists open when you want to use it.

- Gloss is glossy, not goopy. I also like Clinique Superbalm moisturising gloss, but the Love Gloss is a bit thinner than the Clinique and creates less issues of hair or whatever sticking in it.

- doesn't dry my lips out. Provides a bit of moisture. I substitute if for lip balm half the time.

- at £10 it's not much more expensive than better drugstore glosses and slightly cheaper than Clinique, etc. Plus Body shop always runs specials.

Okay, why didn't I give it 5 lippies? It could have a little more staying power. It certainly sticks around longer than the old liquid lipcolour, but probably need to reapply every hour or so if you want things to be fresh. It's hard for me to really know about reapplication because I use the 01 clear so I can't speak to whether the colours fade, but just in terms of the sheen going away, you do need to reapply throughout the day. But that's probably because it's not a super thick goopy and/or drying gloss. So, it's a trade off. One I'm willing to make.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipgloss. I tend to go for tinted lip balms more than gloss, but I like these even more. They have a very smooth, non sticky moisturizing feel. I love the applicator, applies the right amount of product,I have it in no.18, which is a pretty tangerine with very tiny, non-gritty gold shimmer. I also have it in no.4, which is a very flattering nude warm brown. No.04 is HG material, I have a hard time finding nude lip colors that don't wash me out or make my lips disappear into my nc42 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the "Blush Pink" one. I bought it at first because the salesperson suggested it. The applicator/wand is so cute. I kinda dislike the smell though. But its really natural in color, blended well with my skin tone and makeup, quite light, and it gives the perfect shine-looks for my lips. It doesn't last long though. The price is quite affordable,and a great bargain for its quality. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Got this in #04, a warm soft brown. The color is very natural and beautiful, will accentuate yellow teeth a bit.

Name and packaging are super cute ;) I actually like the applicator, one side gets the lower lip well, while the other gets the upper.

This is slightly sticky, but much less sticky compared to Essence Stay With Me gloss.

Left untouched, the lasting power is about a couple hours more or less. I have extremely dry lips and this neither moisturize it at all nor dry them out further.

It is sweet tasting and has a mango scent, so if sweet scents give you a headache you may need to stay away from this.

Color does not bleed on me even without liner, a plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Happily surprised by this lip gloss. I purchased it in Europe, so it was pretty expensive, but I love the color (raspberry). It's a light berry color, but can build to a lovely red. I've never worn anything this bright before, but really like the color. It doesn't scream "look at me," but also isn't as boring as the light brown/light pink shades I usually use. After a few hours without re-application it does tend to fade to an unpleasant looking orangey color. The taste is pleasant too, not rancid like many lipsticks. Would re-purchase in the US since the price would be much lower.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by iSophiax3

I was kinda bored at the mall, so I went to The Body Shop to look around, I'd been wanting to buy a lip gloss there, so I went to the gloss section, and could choose from a couple, but I thought the name and wand would be cute, so I picked it, I didn't know the price so I brought ti to the cashier and asked for the price and she told me 12.0$ CA and I was like waaaat? On the inside, but not wanting to seem foolish I payed it, yes I consider this expensive, usually my lip glosses are about $7, anyways I wore it to school, and I barely noticed it! I have it in Fuchsia Flush I think it's called, it appeared to be a pinkish, goldy colour. luv it~

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by PetiteFleur93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

today, i bought this lipgloss. the price is Rp 139.000 or US$ 16.
my first impression:
(+) i love the design. it's look chic and simple.
(+) the color (i choose natural) is great!
(-) not long lasting
(-) i don't like the smell of this product. it's smell passion fruit and if i smell this kind of smell, i become headache
(-) i don't like the love applicator, i prefer the ordinary one like 'lip and cheek stain'
(-) it's sticky
overall, i like this product but if i found another better product, i will choose another

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip gloss. I have the Raspberry colour. I hate the feeling of sticky lip gloss, so I usually stick to lip balms because they feel nicer. However this one doesn't feel sticky at all, nor does it rub off soon after application like a lot of others! I usually wear it over a lip balm because I love looking after my lips and I'm used to not being able to wear lip gloss without balm underneath, but this one can actually be used on its own! It smells nice, and also doesn't taste too bad (for a lip gloss!) A tad pricey as the tube isn't huge, however it is well worth the money and is superior to most other products in its category.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by tiffany0794

Great lip gloss! I can't believe that no one really talks or raves about these from the Body Shop. It's my only lip gloss that is not sticky AT ALL. It's rather more lightweight, watery...smells nice... It doesn't dry out very quickly on my lips, and makes my lips feel amazing after. I just purchased the shade in 01, which is basically clear (lip glosses with that sheer pink color always tempt me...and then I always find out that they are actually clear when applied = =) But nonetheless, it gives my lips just a watery look. And since my lips are naturally pigmented, it's great when I'm tired of using my baby milky glosses. Great to use for everyday! Highly highly recommend!