July 29, 2014 | 1507 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Stylo Yeux Waterproof - Cassis

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the color - it really makes the most of my green eyes, and has good depth - it wears like iron once it's on. The only complaint I have is that it breaks SO easily, I mean SO SO easily that I have wasted a good bit of it when I just touched it to my eye and it broke off. You can't roll it up any further than just so it's barely visible above the container. At the extreme price of this liner, I would think Chanel could do better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This is destination GLAMOUR if you have blue eyes. You can see blue eyes across the room when you use burgundy colours but it has to be the right shade or the red becomes overpowering and you look like a virus is cropping up. I remember a YSL mascara that was burgundy - good idea - but not for the lashes, too freaky. Cassis is very nicely balanced with a subtle brown undertone and has just a smidge of purple. It is best anchored with an upper lid tightline of black or brown (I use Bobbi Brown Mahoghany long wear pencil). This is my second Chanel long wear pencil, I have celadon as well, and I'm really loving them. The colours are artful and the formula is long lasting. It comes in a twirl up package and the tip quickly gets flattened but that's the problem with all of these products. I find that holding the pencil sideways and gliding the product on that way draws a nice line and it stays sharp.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking for a change from black or brown? Chanel Cassis provides a great day time alternative. I would describe the color as a smokey eggplant slate on my medium tan skin. I have dark brown eyes and this liner does give a subtle yet sexy sparkle and pop. Staying power is fantastic, very slight fading after 12+ hours of wear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have blue-green eyes, and purple/plum colours suit me well. This pencil was love at first sight. And this is when my heart broke, coz this colour gave me a horrid contact allergy... Something in the formulation just does not agree with me.. Shame coz its a wonderful shade...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A+! This is extremely expensive, so I only get it when I have gift certificates or find it cheaper at a Duty Free. It's a truly amazing, low-maintence, budge-proof eyeliner. I also like it in espresso, but the black version (ebene) smudged on me like crazy. Too bad! This one seems to be the longest-lasting, although espresso is pretty impressive. It's a dark, browny-purple on me that's more subtle than black. I can nap, have watery eyes all day, have a cold, be in rain or hot weather and this doesn't budge or smudge. It stays on my waterline and washes off fairly easily too. This and Merle Norman's cream eyeliner are the only non-liquid ones that are completely dependable in all conditions. Lorac is close. Mac and Bobbi Brown were smudgy. The metallic tube and twist-up mechanism is easy and tool-free. I will continue to buy when I can justify!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite liner, and I have repurchased many times. That might be an indication that it does not last so long, which is probably true, but I do use it just about every day. It brings out the green in my hazel eyes, is dark, but not too dark for daytime, stays put really, really well, and I really like not having to sharpen. I also have this in 20 Espresso and 60 Celadon, which I used all the time before I discovered 83 Cassis. I think I also have it in 30 Marine, which I use occasionally. They are all good colours, but Cassis is my favourite, followed by Celadon.
A word of warning though, if the tip gets unscrewed a little too much, it does easily break. It also breaks more easily when there is little left. It might be a little blunt for some, liquid liners or liners that can be sharpened are more precise, but I like to blend it out a little anyway. I often apply in many little streaks to get the blunt line. Colour payoff could maybe have been a little better, it might feel a little dry, but that is probably why staying power is so wonderful. That is the only negative I can come up with though, and I will surely continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by lwsege

I like the Espresso but not this - Cassis. The color payoff is so weak, so hard to apply compare to the Espresso. Don't like it. I strongly believe that there are better plum/cassis color eyeliner out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I do like Chanel stylo liners (I have them in Cassis, Ebene and Espresso) but I mostly use them on my water line (upper and lower) and they don't hold up all that well (on me! I tend to get lots of tears from the wind and we have lots of that in Holland). If I try to draw a line on my upper eye lid, I end up with dotty look - they are just too waxy. Though they are good if you are going to use them as a base for a bolder evening look or smudge the dotty line for a less dramatic look.
Not going to re-purchase. Though packaging is nice and it comes with a built-in sharpener.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these eyeliners in nearly every colour. Love them. Great staying power in the waterline. This is a deep plum with no glitter. It compliments brown eyes beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing BB's gel eye liners for years. I love the Black Plum. Lately I'm losing patience with the brush / gel thing and wanted a pencil that would go on easily. Cassis is it! The color is very very close to BB Black Plum. The staying power is comparable. Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No