October 21, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Stormy Pink 011

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by emilypat

extremely drying and the color was a milky pink that is too cool-toned for my nc40 skintone

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lushbylaura

Definitely one of my most used product, this is perfect for those looking for budgeted matte lipsticks in a cool pink tone at a good quality. Good colour pigmentation and colour pay-off. A tip though, is to make sure your lips are moisturised and exfoliated with no extra dead skins as matte lipsticks don't do justice to dry lips :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my best pink lipstick ever

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Revlon makes good lipsticks for the prices, and it's also appealing that many of the matte lipstick colors have been around for decades. I just get a kick out of knowing that the women in those 50's and 60's photos I like may very well have worn the same lipstick I am wearing. Not the less because most of these colors are by no means Stepford shades. I love the outre quality of Strawberry Suede and Fire and Ice, and THOSE have been around for ages.

Stormy Pink is a strange shade too, and I mean that in a good way. It's a rosy pink, but not quite rose... or at least, it has nothing of the organic, breezy quality you'd associate with a rose to it. There's a fair bit of white mixed in, so it inevitably jars on complexions that have any kind of color in them, but it's not pale at all either, as the "rouge" component of the pigment is a very intense candied pink. It's not quite pastel, either, though, as there is also a gray undertone to it that tones it down and makes it more ladylike... though this lady would not be your average debutante.

I am Asian, so the effect is rather striking on me, which I actually like. I employ Stormy Pink as a chic, edgy alternative to a nude lip (I can't wear actual nudes, they totally wash me out), as that pastiness and the matte texture create a similar "blank canvas" effect, only with the visual punch of the mod pink.

Due to the weirdness of the color, though, it does require a full face of makeup to look good: all ruddiness (and I have a fair bit of it) should be neutralized, and eye makeup is a must (even if it's just a little bit of liner... or even just black mascara, if you have good lashes). It's not really a lipstick you'd reach for to look fresh-and-pretty and groomed-but-not-groomed. It is matte, so it's inevitably drying, but I've found it's actually not AS drying as it's been made out to be, and certainly not compared to other matte lipsticks: it's more silicones than anything else, so it glides on better than, say, Ruby Woo would.

All in all, a solidly good purchase and a fun blast from the past. Not an essential in my makeup bag, but it's fun to have around and experiment with now and again, and it's still high-quality enough to avoid being just a cheap bag of thrills.

P.S. If you already have this, are intimidated by the weirdness of it, and/or are looking for a way to wear it in more everyday situations... layer a peachy gloss over it or dab a warmer pink lipstick in the center of your lip... that actually gives a really pretty, rather dolly effect that's also work-appropriate.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Lrc1024

Beautiful! Don't know why everyone's giving it horrible reviews.. I was a little unsure about this because it's kind of a bright pink but when I put it on I loved it! It made my lips look soft & kissable. Not drying At all. I have tan skin & it just looked beautiful! I never had a matte lipstick but this one is definitely a favorite! My go to color now! I love how it's buildable or if you want a nice soft lip this is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when CVS had buy one get one 1/2 price. It looked so pretty in the tube, but it barely shows up on my lips & what little bit does show up fades very quickly, so I have to constantly reapply. Even using a lip primer does nothing to make this crap work.
HATE. Will not repurchase. I should have returned it instead of trying to make it work.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

I didnt purchase this lipstick, but my friend gave it to me because it was too bright for me. At the time, i liked bright pink lipsticks and I was still a newbie with make up :)

Pros:
-If you are looking for a bright pink shade (Nicki minaj pink), this could work.
-If you are looking for a matt lipstick, this is matt

Cons:
-It is a matt formula , and unfortunatly very drying too. Its better with a lipbalm, but then, another problem may come:
-If there is dry skin on ur lips: its gonna loook unflattering
-the pigmentation is not amazing either. Yes, you can see the color, put you will need a few coats so make it more visible.

I cant comment on the lasting power because I have never worn it outside...

In conclusion, i have one thing to say:
Do not waste your money. Nowadays, there are so many good matt lipstick that provide moisture too and pigmentation! (I heard the new Loreal matt lipcrayons are good).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

LOVE this lipstick. Not sure why it is getting such mediocre reviews... firstly, you need the right kind of colouring to wear this. This is without a doubt a very cool-toned, medium deep pink lipstick. It looks great with my NC15 colouring and blonde hair but I think it may look garish if you had darker skin and maybe a bit trashy if you wore it with a tan?
It's not that pigmented but works well because it produces a kind of 'stain' effect which looks really natural and really pretty plus it stays put well. From this line I have 'Stormy Pink', 'Pink Pout' and 'Pink About It' and I really like all of them. They don't settle into cracks and I find them very wearable and natural looking in daylight. You can pick them up on eBay for a few pounds so you can't go wrong :]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love revlon matte lipsticks, but this one isn't that great..not very pigmented and you MUST apply lip balm before hand or it will settle in your lines..I'm not impressed but it's good for a subtle hot pink color...LOVE the lipstick just not the color

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Ivora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is okay. It does not have a "wow factor." It looks beautiful in the tube, but the color pay off once applied is a fail. It is very sheer for a matte lipstick, and it can be rather streaky. It looks good paired with a gloss, but still is nothing special. I wish I returned it. I had bought it on a whim because a makeup guru on youtube suggested it. Maybe if it had a decent formula I would how gave it three stars.