October 30, 2014 | 1649 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Professional Size

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by misscomplexity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best one I've tried so far but I don't love it. Maybe my expectations are too high for an eye primer: I'd like it to apply smoothly, for my eyeshadow to glide on and blend easily over the primer, hold my shadow color, and keep eyeliner from smudging for a good portion of the work day.

I notice a difference in my eyeshadow color's staying power when I use this, but absolutely no benefit to my eyeliner. I have a difficult time blending eyeshadow over this primer, but it's doable.

For now I'll use this while the search for the perfect eye primer goes on.

UPDATE 9-25-2014: After trying this one, the NARS primer, and the Lorac primer, I can say that Lorac wins by leaps and bounds. It is AMAZING and does all of the things I said I expected in this original post. I will not be purchasing this UD one ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by highlylowplaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the packaging ONLY. I believe that I received a bad tube because ABSOLUTELY NO PRODUCT COMES OUT! I've tried "heating" it by putting it between my palms, rolling it, squeezing it so that the product is more evenly distributed and nothing has worked. I have to practically jump on it with my foot to get even the tiniest amount out. Waste of money! I've used UDPP for at least 3 years now and I've never had any trouble with the vintage potion bottle packaging nor the small travel size squeeze tubes. This was a bust!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the superbowl of eye primers. My friend who is a MUA gave this to me. I used to use MAC's painterly. No more! This is great. Just let it dry for a 1-2 min before shadow application. Genius.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say this stuff is amazing, it goes on silky and my eyeshadow stays put! I was running low on my normal one and needed something new since my eyeshadow was creasing by the end of the day... off to Sephora I went to get my free sample of this stuff :D.. Here I am almost ending my day and my eye shadow is still popping with color! Definitely gonna go buy some

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know where all of these bad reviews are coming from! I first had the potion tube, then bought this pro size from Sephora online for $20 ($10 off.) I love the tube! I use mine every single time I put makeup on, which isn't everyday anymore because I go to online school, and mine hasn't dried out! Will keep repurchasing no matter what the price! UDPP is my HG! Will not apply eye makeup without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a must have. Amazing product. I have the original and it is beautiful. Even my cheap, drugstore shadows looks gorgeous with this primer. No clomping in the crease, makes shadow last longer. It creates the perfect canvas for your shadow! The tube is great. You can squeeze out little bits at a time, and you don't need much. It is pricey but its worth. This product has a permanent place in my make up bag and I will be purchasing the other colors :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by yeeseeniia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good thing about this is the cute packaging. Other than that, it does nothing for me. I was looking for a primer that would keep my eye shadow set for at least my 8 hrs of work. Nope didn't do anything. I think I paid twenty dollars, wouldn't even pay five if I knew how much it was going to such (for me at least).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is an absolute godsend. My lids are slightly oily and so my eyeshadow (it doesn't matter if it's powder or even a long lasting formula) always creases after a few hours. Since i have been using this i have had no creases!!!!! Fantastic. You only need a tiny bit so the tube will last for ages - esp for me since i only use eyeshadow about once ot twice a week!!! Thank you Urban Decay for this little life saver
:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best primer ever! I've been using this stuff for years and the professional size is the way to go. My shadow always looks freshly done, even 12 hours into my day. I have tried other eye primers through the years but I always come back to UDPP. It is an absolute necessity in my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd read all the hype so purchased this primer potion as I spend so much time looking for eyeshadow that lasts. Ive probably spent a fortune in the process. So I've found out for myself this is amazing. I am genuinely surprised at how it does what it claims since so many products don't. I apply the cream, then on with the eyeshadow usually by about 3 hours my eyeshadow has worn off, not anymore! I am so thrilled to keep checking throughout the day and finding my eyeshadow still freshly intact. Although this is pricey it's well worth it if you want your eyeshadow to stay looking good all day without boring touch ups.