November 26, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Ombre Stretch - Intense Black 01

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Great creamy application. Black not intense enough. Overall looks great.
Threw mine away because it expired.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by 0037sammie

The previous reviewer did a brilliant job describing the case, so I won't attempt to go there. While I will agree is dry application of this eyeshadow is disappointingly grey, I must add wet application leaves a budge proof  jet black  eyeshadow.  As a double whammy, it is also an excellent base that improves both colour, texture *and* longevity of whatever is put on top. Something to do with the nylon in it, me thinks.  A list of the different ways I have used the shadow:

Dry application (w/fingers): leaves a soft grey shade that is buildable, but not black. Not particularly flattering on my skin tone, but perhaps wearable for fairer ladies kicked up a notch with black eyeliner.

Dry application (w/fluffy brush): even less intense and mostly a  pointless waste of time.

Dry application (w/dense brush): achieves a similar shade to application with fingers, fallout when swept across the lid but less so when patted on. Still not the intense look I'm looking for.

Wet application (w/fingers): definitely black now. Intensity can be varied by the amount of water added and amount of blending in with said finger.

Wet application (w/ brush): rather more control and still as black with both brushes. Obviously the fluffy brush blends out the black quickly, but intensity of initial application is there.

And my personal favourite for getting super black: using the eyeshadow wet but having scored the actual eyeshadow pan with tweezers.  Sounds destructive and pointless- but the grooves in the eyeshadow somehow intensify the pigment and using it wet just seals the deal.
I can also use this method to line the eyes, and it looks like cake eyeliner. Very handy product that I will most definitely buy again now that I have figured out how to use it! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I would really love this eye shadow, but I only liked it. First of all, the packaging was the best point about the shadow- it comes in a little plastic snap- shut case, with a brush and mirror inside. The mirror is good, and actually I LOVE the brush. The brush is soft and the perfect shape of my eye socket for contouring.

Anyway, onto the shadow itself. I found that the pigment could be stronger. It comes out a grey colour, and I usually have to pack on quite a lot to get a proper black contour. I gave it 3 lipsticks because I find when I do a black smoked out eye it provides a great grey base so my black contour stands out. Personally I didn't find it stretched any better than an average shadow, but I wasn't really buying it for that- I mean application was great if that is what that meant.

The shadow itself is fab, but the pigment simply isn't there for me. I would try other shades from this range without a doubt, as the formula itself is creamy and easy to work with. I'll keep this as a greyish black but I wouldn't repurchase this shade again.