August 30, 2014 | 1586 users online

Lipstick - Lise Watier - Hydra Shine Lip Stain

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awful product. I usually love Lise Watier, so I'm really disappointed. It looks, feels, and smells like a marker. Feels dry on lips, and really just looks like a 4 year old coloured with their marker.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Pennyapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As i'm just about to throw this away, I thought i'd write review about it. I love Lise Watier and I love the packaging. The child in my loves the idea of colouring my lips with a marker. The by-line says "long lasting. satin finish. comfort". Cool. I'm a natural lip gloss kind of person, so i picked it up in the shade Naturel.

Application was nice and watery, not drying like other lipstains, which I like. Long-lasting? Not really. My colour faded after little more than a couple of hours...maybe it's because i'm always eating, but it didn't take me through the morning. Satin finish? No, when it dries, it dries. and it doesn't dry evenly. Comfort? well, it doesn't impart any moisture to the lips so it's not really comfortable. And the "Naturel" colour is actually a bright pink.

I left it sitting on my desk for a month and then when i picked it up to use it again, the marker had dried out. Maybe it's not lise watier's fault that my lipstain dried out after a month, and i just picked up an old product, but i wasn't unhappy about it, and i'm glad to toss this one. In my opinion, this Hydra-Shine lipstain is neither Hydrating nor Shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by SummerDew

I bought this lipstain with the intention it would work better than the other drugstore lipstains out there. When I swatched it and also tried it on my lips in the store it seem very hydrating and gives a nice stain.

After buying it and trying it on a few more times, I noticed my bottom lip would stain more then my top lip (so make sure your lips are completely dry before you press your lips together because it might stain the bottom more!). It feels really hydrating on the lips and have a very watery consistency but it definitely doesn't last more than 3hours when you wear it.

Overall it feels watery and hydrating maybe that is why it doesn't last as long as normal lipstains. For $20cad, I don't think I'll repurchase. I bought this in Rose classique, baby pink on the tube but can turn out highlighter pink when layered more than once. The lipstain is literally like a marker with a cap and a marker-type applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by CellarDoor2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chances are that if it is a makeup product and it is sold in drugstores, I have probably tried it. Hoping to jump on the lip-stain bandwagon, I have tried the latest lip stains from CoverGirl, Maybelline and Revlon. Besides the fact that the Revlon one also had a balm on its other end, they all had the exact same characteristics: they felt extremely dried out (even with only the second or third application), all the colours in the range were muted and much darker than the package colour suggested, and they faded off my lips after only one hour or so – in a completely blotchy, uneven way! The blotchy fading was the worst. The colour selection were all muted and dusty: the lighter shades were too light to actually change the colour of anyone’s lips (I’m very pale), and the darker shades were way too dark and kind of beat the purpose of using a lightweight, bright lip stain to begin with. I have almost given up on the felt-tip style lip stains. After a few uses, they have all become so dry that it almost hurt trying applying it to my lips - exactly what would happen if you left a highlighter in the sun for two days without its cap on. Enter Lise Watier Lip Stain. I have noticed the display in the drugstore, and I thought to myself, “It’s gonna be just like the others, but what the heck.” I was so amazed with what turned up on my hand! A shiny, hydrating, watery (in a good way!) burst of amazing, almost neon-like fuchsia colour! So bright, without any effort on my part trying to press the pen into my hand in order to release some colour like I had to do with the others. Literally, just as if it were a new paper highlighter in a bright, concentrated pink colour. My first thought was “Whoa! Perfect for clubbing!”, since it had the same trendy colour as Revlon lipsticks in the bright neon melon shade and the bright pink shade that I like, only I knew this one would actually stay on my lips. So excited! More over, when I was leaving the store, I tried removing the colour off my hand with some alcohol wipes. It wouldn’t come off! How delighting! I’m the type of person who would never buy a luxury/pricier makeup product if I could get the same results with a drugstore brand, but this one just kicks all the others to the moon! I’m not sure how long the product would go without drying once you actually buy it and start using it, but just comparing this tester with all the testers from the other brands mentioned above, I could feel and see the difference.