Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray

3.8

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Supplement), Wheat (triticum vulgare) Germ Oil, Panthenol, D&C Red no. 17, D&C Yellow no. 11

on 3/23/2015 11:22:00 AM

While I love Moroccanoil products this one didn`t really do much for me. It does add shine, but not for long. It doesn`t smell as nice as the oil, and doesn`t moisturize as well either. If I curl my hair and use this it actually makes my curls flatten and my hair goes limp again. Will not repurchase and it is WAY too expensive for what it does.

on 3/7/2014 11:20:00 AM

I agree that it gives some nice shine but for a short while! And it made my ends sooooooo dry afterwards! Its insane! I was hoping it would work out for me (because of the price :)) and tried it over and over again but still to no avail, the result is always the same - dry ends!

on 11/3/2013 12:01:00 PM

I paid 28$ CAD for this product which was pretty expensive but overall I think it was worth it. I love the way the product smells and how shiny it makes my hair. However it is vey easy to apply to much and when you do apply too much your hair looks really greasy and it says like that. So I'd recommend spraying 2 sprays into your hand and working that through your hair it works for me. I will buy again once my bottle runs out.

on 7/18/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't really see any extra shine or shimmer (which is what I was really wanting.) I have brown hair, the promise of gold shimmer sold me and convinced me to buy this product for the summer months. What a disappointment, save your money. Has anyone else thought that this product has made their end drier? Maybe it's just my fine hair....

I liked the glitter particles in my hair, and when applied your hair looks really pretty. However, when sprayed too close it turns hair greasy, it smells absolutely disgusting, and the glitter effect doesn't last for that long. I would still repurchase this however, just because if you need an instant pick me up...this stuff does the trick!

on 12/29/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I liked the regular Moroccanoil treatment, so I figured I'd give the shine spray a whirl. Unfortunately, it doesn't really do much for me. It doesn't appear to have the beneficial effects of the actual oil, and the shine lasts about five minutes. The spray does nothing to control frizz, and it's far too easy to use too much. Do yourself a favor and go with the oil instead.

on 12/29/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought the spray, and I sprayed it on my hair and I think it delivers a brilliant shine, but in my opinion it doesn't seem like a long lasting shine. It'd be perfect for the beach since it offers a UV protection against the sun.

I don't know if it keeps my hair straight all day, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. It seems like a great product... for the beach.

on 11/28/2011 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm surprised at all the positive reviews of this. It does make my hair look amazingly shiny.....for about 30 minutes. Then it reverts back - the product just disappears out of my hair. The directions do say to not style it once you've sprayed it, but I have left it alone, and it still disappears! I have nearly used up my bottle (bought about a month ago) in an effort to get it to work for me, but I have now given up. This is over priced and a waste of money, I definitely would not buy again.

on 10/7/2011 3:14:00 PM

Wow, this is sure expensive but is it worth it? YES YES YES! This is the last step when styling my hair and definitely gives my hair movie star shine like no other. The scent is fabulous and it also seems to condition my hair. I've been noticing less and less shedding the more I use the Moroccan oil products. So far, I'm using the shampoo and the conditioner, the hairspray and also the glimmer spray. The trick to using this spray is to hold it way above your head and give it a few sprays, don't overdo it or it won't do anything but make your hair look greasy. I have fine hair and this does not make me look like a stringy oil slick like most other "shine sprays" that i've used in the past. I can honestly say that this is HG material, which is too bad, since all my new faves are now so expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love the original Moroccanoil and use it each time I wash and style my hair so after a month I bought the glimmer spray to compliment it.

After following the instructions (and not brushing or styling my hair again after applying) my hair had the lovely exotic MO scent, kept it's shape and did have a lovely shine to it.

However, the day after using this product my hair is so greasy! I need to wash my hair each morning after applying this product.

So one lippie lost. In fairness it does exactly what it says on the tin and my hair looks fantastic when clean and shiny, but I cannot use this every day (or I end up stripping my hair from so much washing) so now I only save it for days out & special occasions. Shame though because I had hoped to use it more regularly.

Popular Hair Products