MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner - Designer Purple

4.8

on 6/17/2015 7:56:00 AM

My new M.A.C Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner is my favorite cosmetic in my makeup case at the moment. I got the eyeliner with the eyeshadows and it is the most beautiful eyeliner i have ever owned. The color is a beautiful sparkly rich purple and it is soo easy to use. It glides on as smooth as butter but not too slippery. I wear it on the top and bottom of my eyes, i usually dont wear eyeliner on the bottom of my eyes because it's always for some reason smudged on me. This eyeliner must be the only eyeliner on earth that doesn't smudge. I wore it out for a whole day and at the end of the day it was still on in the same way i had applied it that morning, this stuff is bullet proof. Once again my only slight problem is the price $32.00 but like i mentioned in my other review M.A.C cosmetics are the best quality and definitely worth the price.

on 4/10/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This shade is so gorgeous! A very vivid and intense purple that makes my greyish blue eyes pop. The pencil glides effortlessly on my lids and the texture is very creamy. I was very surprised about the staying power, it doesn't smudge at all.

I bought it when it was released in the Toledo collection unaware that it was a permanent shade. The SA recommended it to me because it would complement my eye color (I fell for the sales pitch) and I was easily sold. The black and white packaging is so beautiful that I don't mind paying a little extra for the packaging.

I use it only on my upper lash line because of the glitter. The glitter is actually my only problem with this eyeliner. I have pretty sensitive eyes and when I take my eye makeup off, sometimes some of the particles go into my eyeballs and burn them. Otherwise, I love the product.

on 5/4/2014 11:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this liner! I use it over top of MAC's Lavender Sky eyeshadow, any light purple shadow will pair well with this liner. It's completely buildable and the more you buff it out, the more it shimmers. It gives you a beautiful, intense, deep intriguing eye. Looks amazing with green eyes. It looks great with any eye color but really makes the green eye pop! Happy buffingđź’ś

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I usually only wear black eyeliner, but I saw a fashion editorial where Miranda Kerr (who has similar coloring to me) had purple eyeliner on and it looked amazing. I went into MAC and this purple stood out amongst the rest. It is a vivid violet color with shimmer, which I don’t think has any dupes. On my eyes the shimmer is not actually as obvious as it is in the product. It glides on super smoothly and lasts all day (even on my waterline!) I don’t wear this every day, but I have a purple dress that I wear sometimes, and use this when I wear the dress.
I gave this a 4 rather than a 5 because I purchased it hoping it would make my blue eyes pop, but it didn’t. However, it is nice to have an alternative to just wearing black liner which can often look harsh.

on 3/10/2013 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Oh Pearlglide liner, I have found my one true love! I have been searching my whole life for a liner like this! it truly is the most unique, gorgeous, dazzling color I have ever seen! It seriously glides on like butter. ATTENTION - My MAC make up artist told me that unless you use a MAC Sharpener (8$) this pencil is so creamy that a regular sharpener WILL break it, therefore rendering it useless. So, this pencil basically requires their sharpener if you plan on sharpening it haha. The pencil itself is 16$ which is the most I have ever spent on an eyeliner - making it almost 26$ after tax with the sharpener. Kind of a rip off haha ! Definitely worth it though. This is apparently waterproof and smudge proof , everyone says you're not supposed to use it on your waterline because the glitter can be unsafe and can get into your eyes. I personally use it on my waterline and LOVE it, and I wear contacts. I have hazel eyes that often change colors from more green to more brown depending on my mood, or what I'm wearing - etc. This eyeliner makes me eyes POP and makes them look sooooo green.I also wore this all day and even took a nap and when I woke up my eyeliner didn't budge! It was even still perfectly on my waterline. Omgsh, I love this and want to buy 10 of them so I never run out! I also want to get the other colors now.

on 3/3/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

OMG I love love LOVE this intense velvet purple liner. I agree wholeheartedly with what all the other reviewers have said. It really does glide on like butter and lasts all day without smudging or fading. I think this color would flatter any skin tone. What are you waiting for? Treat yourself and bring out the beauty of your eyes with this liner!

on 10/16/2012 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Have yet to find an eye liner like this! Deep yet bright purple with fuchsia glitter! Gorgeous : ) It doesn't do too much for my blue eyes, but it's such a unique purple I cannot part with it!

on 8/18/2012 12:24:00 PM

Designer Purple is a waterproof and smudge-proof vibrant purple liner with purple glitter. This liner really brings out the brown in my eyes and lasts forever (I've worn it for up to 9.5 hours). The only complaint I have with this product is that it broke when i sharpened it which is only a minor con. Overall, I love the product and will be repurchasing it :)

on 7/23/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Ok, I don't actually own this product. However, I got a MAC makeover (as a birthday gift that came with lipstick) and they used this eyeliner on me. I instantly fell in love. It is a gorgeous colour, and it really brings out my brown eyes. It's very creamy (and I assume easy to apply) and it lasted ALL DAY. When I came home, my mom kept asking me what eyeliner they used, and how beautiful it was. I loved it so much, I'll go and get myself some!! It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it, and MAC isn't really a cheap place anyway.

on 6/17/2012 9:51:00 AM

It is smudge proof and waterproof (I wore it to work till late night, and it doesn’t smudge even when I apply eyedrop. The usual eyeliner doesn’t really last that long when I do that).

It is bright purple with glitter. It has this intense, deep and creamy formula that allows it to glide on perfectly (a perfect substitute for my favourite 24/7 from Urban Decay). I have yet to try it on the waterline but I doubt it will be advisable since it has glitters and these might irritate the eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products