September 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Moisturizers - Origins - VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer with Mangosteen

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink241

I don't usually have sensitive skin. EVER. I am a nurse, I work 12 hours. I love fast easy products that do multiple things. This had the tint (which did match me), this had SPF, it had good ingredients, it had good moisture.

Day 1: 12 hour day shift... got very dry at the end of the day, I get home and realise my whole face has small bumps on it (only noticeable up close... and they are very uncomfortable.. almost like heat rash)

anyways, loved the way it looked on the skin, too bad I had a bad reaction to it. obviously something in it didn't agree.

oh well, back to Sephora it goes

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Euphrosyne

I received Vitazing with SPF 15 as part of my gratis. Off the bat, I did not have high expectations for the product because color changing products always turn orange on my oily skin. I was correct.

The product has a pleasant mangosteen scent. The tube packaging is nothing special but serves its purpose. Overall, Id recommend this to people with dry to normal skin, who are on the run and therefore appreciate multipurpose items, and have good skin to begin with. If you need coverage, avoid. Vitazing really is just a fancy sheer tinted moisturizer. On clients with nice skin and a medium skintone, this product really does brighten their complexion and give a nice tan. My tan friends love slapping on this product before they go to the gym to even out their skin. On oily girls like me who have trouble with foundations oxidizing though, avoid. I actually recently tried this product again and it was even worse. Not only did my face turn orange like before, but patches along my jawline turned brown. When I rubbed my finger across the dark patch, the product actually rolled off in oily pills. It was really gross. SPF 15 is not adequate protection. I definitely would not pay $44 CAD for this.

[Overall rating 1.0 | Price 1.0 | Packaging 2.0 | NO, I will not repurchase]

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 More reviews by NicoleBuenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this moisturizer gave me an allergic reaction literally like 2 minutes after applying it...not fun...I don't even have sensitive skin. The origins counter manager told me it may have been the mango seed that caused it. I'm sure this stuff works good on those that aren't allergic to Mango seed...other than that, I will be staying far far farrrr away from this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by goodie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this exclusively as my day time moisturizer for at least 2 years. Sadly, I think it's causing skin around my eyes to break out. I am switching to a new moisturizer tomorrow to see if it fixes the problem. It seems to be causing contact dermatitis just around my eyes; which is odd. I love this product. It makes my skin glow! I'm sad to stop using it! I already changed eye creams and it didn't help. Ugh! I'll update review if any change.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update:

Ok, after trying this with different amounts i CAN get a tint out of this! I guess i was not putting enough of it on my face, so now i squeeze between a dime and nickle size of this and pat all over my face and neck. it is white upon application but then dries down to a tint that matches your skin. i am yellow undertoned so this gives me a great, light looking "tan". Havent broken out from it so i just bought another one. Wish the bottle was a bit bigger though, quite pricey still.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$35.00 for 1.7 oz (so pricey for the amount)
"sheer tint release" but on my NC42 skin, it does not show AT ALL

this claims that it has a sheer tint to it and reading other peoples reviews (mostly fair skinned people), it apparently does. it comes out as a white liquid, not that runny imo, and has dark flecks in it. these flecks are the "tint" and supposedly burst upon application, releasing the color. on my medium-tan southeast asian yellow skin it does not show at all. it might as well be just a lotion.

i do not reccomend this for dry skin people, it leaves a demi-matte finish and even on my combo/oily skin in this cold dry weather its just a teensy bit not moisturizing enough. this will be great for combo people in the summer months though. its fast drying and feels very light on.

i would have LOVED to have some actual tint show up, i would have given this 5 lippies! i wish the bottle was bigger for the price point, so tiny! i will keep the bottle and use it up but i wont repurchase because i was looking for a tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will not re-purchase. The reason why is because I don't think it does anything special for me. It's a nice product. When the SA sold it to me, she says it will act as a tinted moisturizer. I don't see that at all. It applies clear to my face for some reason. I don't see a difference except it moisturizes my face and has a nice mango scent. It has spf 15 which is great, but since it's a daytime product and I really don't see much of a difference in terms of color, I use it purely as a moisturizer during the day under my chanel perfection lumiere (fav). It's in a nice little cap tube and is travel friendly. I'm glad I have it and hope to use up the money's worth, but I wouldn't re-purchase because on me, it didn't do that much. The consistency is a white liquid that is slightly tacky. I have combo/oily skin during the winter time and oily during the summer. When I apply it in the winter, it moisturizes and serves as a good protection against the cold winter air and readies my complexion for make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Grrrey

Short Version: recommendation for....
1.)Normal/Dry - MAYBE
2.)Normal/combination skin - YES
3.)Combination/oily - NO

Longer Version:
1.) I think it may be the tint, but this can sometimes emphasize really dry spots/patches. I have some around my nose area sometimes so I've just stuck to avoiding using it there. Everywhere else and it's great.
2.)This is me. My normal areas are my forehead, chin & cheeks. My T zone is oily and I have some dry patches around my nose and mouth. If you're like me, I would not use this during summer. It provides a good amount of moisture to your face so sweat/humidity/etc is just going to make it really dewy. If you don't mind that then ignore that last part.
3.)Put short, just don't. If you're terribly oily this will just add to it. You could try an oil control creme underneath if you really want this though.

General comments: This is just a really good moisturizer. It has a liquidy consistency but it's not TOO runny and it has ok coverage. It definitely evens out skin tone a bit so if you want to have a more natural/casual look then this is perfect. I've used it with concealer before to polish up my darker areas and it looks great.

Coverage - light/sheer
Moisturizes effectively - yes
Packaging - ok

PROS: tint matches my skin (warm with yellow undertones) well, doesn't look shiny after application (it's almost a demi matte finish so you still get a natural dewy look), it smells really good!
CONS: the packaging can get messy, if you touch your face too much it does rub off

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SilverLilyGirl

A light tinted moisturiser, that doesn't break me out, and gives me a lovely glow, to my otherwise pale and pasty skin. I especially like this on days when I only want to wear light make up, or when I'm in a hurry, as I can apply this super quick with my fingers.

I've been using this cream for about 6 months, and I'm just coming to the end of my second tube.

Texture / look wise it is an off white cream with particles in, the smell is light and vanishes quickly

I've got fairly good skin, and very rarely get break outs (1 spot, 2 - 3 times per year on average)

I apply a small amount, massaging it in ensuring that it goes on evenly, and then top with a little translucent powder to set it, and then add either a little blush, or bronzer onto my cheeks. I find this way it looks good all day long. Without powder, it is still good, but doesn't last quite so well.

I always wash my hands after applying this though to avoid getting marks on clothes, etc.

I'd actually like origins to produce an untinted version of this cream in a tube (prefer tubes/pumps to pots, as they're more hygenic and cleaner), as I love the moisturising properties of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried quite a few origins products and have never been disappointed. I used this for about a year and really enjoyed it. I found it to be nicely hydrating and I liked the fact that it provided a bit of coverage which really just helped to even out my skin. I don't think people with really oily skin would like this because it did leave my skin with a dewy finish and it doesn't really help to cover up any acne or scars, however if you just want a nice, fairly natural daytime moisturizer that evens out your skin and gives you a beautiful flow I would highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by natasjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product a lot, I use it daily. At first I was a bit scared because some areas on my face are quite oily, but the moisturizer didn't cause break outs. Sometimes my forehead gets more oily but most of the time this product just works fantastic and gives my skin a healthy look. I apply it after I applied Estee Lauder even skintone illuminator, works for me.