August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Theiuare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I woke up in the morning with a mindset to buy High Beam, but when I got to the counter I swatched it and absolutely hated it for my skin tone. I applied Watts Up on one cheek and Girl Meets Pearl on the other cheek and I found my holy grail.
This highlighter is amazing because it's not sparkly, it just gives a beautiful sheen to the cheeks. You automatically look better and brighter when using it
Like everything in this world it has some downsides, like the price point. The packaging is plastic and you can't even see how much you still have in it.
I'm not sure if I would buy it again because I like trying out new products but I would definitely recommend it to someone who hadn't tried it before

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

To be honest - at first I was skeptical whether I needed another highlighting product as I already had plenty. But Girl Meets Pearl quickly pushed out all of my products being the one I reached out for the most.

I think this is a great highlighting product and I actually wrote a full post on my blog about it. If you fancy reading it all, please check here:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually ended up getting a full size of this with my Sephora VIB points which was awesome because this is something I never would have bought on my own, I've never had luck with liquid highlighters and especially with High Beam which I had also gotten a free full size of with VIB points. High beam was too tacky feeling and glittery for my liking which had me swear off Benefit highlighters then I got this and fell in love. It doesn't feel tacky, the formula is very thin and light, it's also very easy to apply and buildable. It's not glittery and gives a nice dewy glow to skin which is everything I could want. It also doesn't move my foundation around when I apply it which I had that problem with High Beam. I also love the packaging, even though most don't, only issue is you can't really tell how much product you have left.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by MissXMx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as I find my make-up always looks a little too matte/cakey and wanted a dewy glow. This is perfect for that - the soft golden-pink liquid pearl glides on and creates a lovely luminous complexion. The product boasts of doing much more than just creating a dewy look and I'm inclined to agree; a mixture of raspberry & chamomile known for their soothing properties, sweet almond seed known for its firming & smoothing properties and sesame seed oil known for its moisturizing properties all leave your skin feeling great!

I think the packaging is very pretty; you twist the bottom to release the product and the you can choose whether to pat on over make-up or wear alone! I personally mix in a little in with my foundation for an all over glow and then add a little extra onto part of my face which need some extra highlighting! This is great for highlighting as it is not glittery - your face will not look like a disco ball!

The problem I've found is that you cannot tell how much product you have used as the label is all around the bottle. This is why I gave a lower mark for packaging! It remains to be seem how long the bottle will last! It is also a tad pricey at 24.50 but if it lasts I won't mind!

Pros:
Easy application! Glides on skin - with or without make up.
Contains loads of great properties which look after your skin.
Creates a great dewy look without being overly shimmery.
Can be built up for nights out for extra luminosity.
Does not irritate my sensitive skin.

Cons:
Opaque Packaging - Can't see how much of the product is left.
A little pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh, I use whatsapp and between the two I think there is a world of difference. I find girl meets pearl to be too "liquid-y" and the color doesn't seem to blend well with bronzers (because it's a pink tint). SMELLS AMAZING though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really weird about highlighters being too pinky, but this is just right for me. I am more warm toned and this looks more pink, but when mixed with my foundation it has more of a neutral tone to it that really works. It has a thinner consistency than some other highlighters I have tried. This is not a favorite brand of mine, I only got it because it came with my 500 point Sephora perk but I am please with its performance thus far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Packaging is a bit sloppy, but the actual product is very nice. I usually opt for powder highlighters, but this one is perfect for mixing with your foundation or dabbing on top of a BB cream for a really glowy finish. The product comes out a pink hue, but when you rub or pat it into the skin, it melts into a beautiful pearly/gold sheen. A lot of highlighters that are more gold toned tend to be quite pigmented, and can easily be overused. I feel like this highlighter has more of a shine than a sparkle to it. It's not a chunky or glittery product. It's much more fool proof if you are going for the "dewy" look.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by tylerrrlauren

I like the primer itself but the packaging is absolutely terrible!
The whole idea of the twist up on the tube is so yoy can mix your liquid foundation with the pink tinted primer for a brightened look but I just ended up wiping the product all over my face which I felt like was such a waste.
Product quality was great but the packaging will be reason I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by tootired

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PERFECT! Highlighters can be tricky business for women my age and I was almost ready to give up on them until I found this one.

Pros- multitasking. Can be used in a variety of ways including adding a dab to your foundation if too matte. The consistency is very thin and because of that you may think you need more product, but you won't. It dries quickly and stays put. The finish is the best I've used. It is subtle, nothing at all glittery and does what it's supposed to do....adds a nice dewy, glow. Although out of the tube the color appears pinkish, it applies colorless. It does not break me out and I do not get an allergic reaction to it as I have with many others.

Cons- none.

If you are looking to make a bold statement with your highlighter, this is not for you. If you want to add a very, very natural glow, this is your product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by arobejsek

I don't like this at all, and ended up giving it away. It looks dry and disgusting on my skin and the benefit "watts up" highlighting stick is a much better choice.