September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Shampoo - L'anza - Healing color care silver brightening

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by valerieamyot

The context :

I have had black/dark brown dyed hair for 7-8 years. This year, however, i decided to go back to my natural ashy blonde. Yeah. I know, potential trouble. BUT my wonderful hairdresser did an amazing job. When I got out of her salon after my third appointment, my hair was light brown to dark golden blonde (ombre) with light golden blonde highlights. I was delighted! However, after two weeks, the toner had faded a lot, leaving my hair orangeish and yellowish.

The product :

So I bought L'Anza Healing Color Care Silver Brightening Shampoo hoping it would cut the brassy and yellow tones. The shampoo is a dark purple color. It has keratin and UV protectants in it and contains no sulfates, so it really is soft on the hair. However, it does not cut the brassy tones at all, even after 3 washes. It DOES whiten the already light golden blonde strands, but I expected it to also neutralize the darker yellowish strands.

Conclusion :

If you have platinum blonde hair and want it white ashy blonde, this product is for you. It won't dry out your hair and the resulting color will be amazing.

If you have several shades of blonde in your hair and wish to cut the brassy tones, this shampoo might not be the one you need.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by EvyDee

I have a mix of light colours in my hair, but to summarize it, my hair strands are either white highlights or yellow.
This product does make the lighter parts of my hair very silver, almost purple if it stays on for too long. But it does not make my entire hair white platinum bright which is what I was looking for. ...If you are looking for a shampoo that makes your yellow hair become white, this is not the right shampoo, it only works on the really "whitish" parts and will leave the rest of the yellow hair as it is.
The positive side is that it doesn't damage the hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by letchfec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair looked so much better after using this product. I had light blonde highlights and against my fair-toned skin, any yellowing made them look horribly unnatural. I used this every, or every other time I shampooed in order to brighten up my hair and add silkiness. This shampoo is a must-have for all highlighted blondes, there is nothing worse than yellowy-blonde hair! I have used several purple shampoos which tended to dry out my hair. This is the most damaged-hair-friendly purple shampoo that I have found. Also, the best smelling :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to help take the brass out of my highlights.
This shampoo is packed with pigment! watch out not too stain your shower curtains! and make sure you were gloves!
Even though it seems there is so much of the purple/blue pigment, I found that it just didnt do very well at toning the brass from my hair.. My highlights seem redder and even darker after using this.
It does lather well and does okay as a sulfate-free shampoo.