July 31, 2014 | 2009 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Saved by the Blue

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother in law gave me this polish last year. I love the color - cobalt blue is one of my favorite colors in general, so I was excited to receive this shade.
Despite the absolutely stunning color, I have a few issues with this polish.
First off, it's extremely thin, which makes it quite difficult to bring it to full opacity. Even after two coats, I still experience some patchiness. It also comes off on my topcoat brush, "dragging" off the nail and looking even patchier than before. I have been using the same brand of topcoat for two years and never experienced this in the past. Note: the polish was completely dry before applying the topcoat.
Second, the brush is sort of daft. It's too long and the bristles are too soft, so it's hard to control. I've never made a bigger mess of my nails than when I used this polish, and not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty adept with nail polish.
I couldn't give this polish one lippie because the color really is fantastic, but to be sure, I will not repurchase this. I may not even use it up. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar colors in China Glaze's collection, so I'll likely go for that instead. Shame - WnW products are usually a hit for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by googlemas

What a gorgeous color! This is a beautiful cobalt blue that goes on opaque in two coats. This would be one of my favorite nail polishes except that it chips like crazy on me. I keep my nails short and hardly ever have problems with nail polish chipping, but I don't think this even lasted 24 hours. It's such a shame because it is a beautiful color and you can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by InspiredxElegance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this polish up during CVS's BOGO-Free sale on WnW products. I lovee the color! As mentioned my others, the color is a bit deeper than the above picture would lead you to believe (which is a good thing IMO). The polish begins chipping after a day or so but for the picke I can't complain. A packaging complaint I have is the brush that comes with this collection. It's really wide and awkward to handle, but does its job so I wouldn't hold back on buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh so vivid! Just about perfect. This is a very vivid royal blue. Reminds me a lot of ChG's Avalanche. The formula is smooth, and I needed two coats for opacity. The brush was a little bit wonky but it did the job. I picked this up at CVS's BOGOF sale, so it turned out to be 99 cents. Definitely need a backup of this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by zelda1802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This nail polish is really nice. It's a shimmery electric blue. Shimmery might not be the right word. It is not overly shimmery, but it is not a matte color. It goes on easily and I have no problems with the brush or bottle. It is really pretty with my tan skin and I got two complements from complete strangers when I wore it out. That was really nice =] I think it would look good with fair skin as well. Anyways, It dried pretty fast and lasted me a week with minimal chipping. I keep my nails short and use them a lot and so that might be the reason. And for $1.29 at Rite Aid I am very happy with this nail polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ErycahBlueberrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's nice kinda electric blue. It needed three coats to be opaque. I hate that awful wet'n'wild brush!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I say that this is one of my favorite polishes of all time, this is one of my favorite polishes of ALL. TIME. It's amazing! As usual, Wet N' Wild's given me yet another reason to ignore all those who try to say that it's for tweens and little girls. This polish was like 1.99, so I wasn't expecting much. I just saw the deep, royal blue (I adore royal blue beyond any other color), the price, and went for it.

I'm a base coat-two coats-top coat type anyway, so using that method's given me a lot of luck with polishes in general. But THIS ONE...the brush makes application it so smooth, and my fingers aren't covered in polish by the end like when I usually paint my nails (I'm that bad at nail painting). The first coat, as usual with any polish, looked god awful, but anyone with a shred of sense does at least two coats when they paint their nails anyway. After the second coat, the color was just beautiful. A deep, true, honest royal blue with a slight metallic finish and enough shine to catch anyone's eye (seriously. I've gotten so many compliments on this polish). And it's long lasting! A week and not a crack. This is one of my favorite finds this year, and I think anyone who loves blue polishes should give it a try.

OH. As for the name, it does dry quicker than other polishes I've used...but not quick enough where you can do cartwheels in the grass after a minute of it being on or anything of that sort. And the color is way darker (thank god) than the picture makes it out to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used 2 coats of this and the color looks darker than the photos, but it's a nice color. My problem is that it chipped the second day that I wore it and then it just kept chipping. I wasn't even really doing anything out of the ordinary. I'm really disappointed because I have 2 other colors from this series, and I have no issues with those. Maybe I got a bad batch?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ThePamster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish is awesome! With a good base and top coat it wears like iron for me. I was very impressed with it and it could be a one coater but two coats wear better. It's a great price too! $1.99 is totally reasonable for a polish like this and it's really lovely on, gets lots of compliments and applies easily!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild's FastDry Nail Color in Saved by the blue is a royal blue polish with a metallic finish. I purchased mine at Rite Aid for $1.99 for .46 fl oz.
I really like the packaging for the FastDry line. The bottles are tall and cylindrical, made of sturdy feeling glass. The cap is black and made of textured plastic. So far the cap hasn't detached from the top of the brush. The brush is long and fairly stiff. It takes two strokes to cover my nail.
This is a three-coat polish. This polish seems like a disaster when you apply the first coat. It's streaky, runny, and sheer. The second coat makes up for it, being much smoother and nearly opaque. I only add a third coat to even everything out. The formula of this polish is only the tiniest bit runny and tends to collect at the sides of the nails.
A bigger complaint I have about this polish is the claim that its "FastDry". It's not. I find that it takes 2-3 minutes for a coat to dry, which would be ok-ish for a regular polish, but since the name is FastDry, that's a pretty big fail. I define "fast dry" as a minute or less. Because of how long this polish takes to dry, I accidentally smudge it a lot, and get my hair caught it in, which is annoying.
The finish of this polish is smoother and metallic, but not a foil. It's shiny enough to not require a top coat. In fact, it wears better without a top coat. Weird, I know.
I had some sort of anomaly the first time I wore this. It wore with minimal chipping for six days, but on day 2 or 3 it started doing this strange thing where it started bunching up, but wasn't peeling or chipping. I tried adding more top coat, but it was only a temporary fix, as it would start bunching again in a few hours. Please explain this to me if you can. I have never seen anything like it before.
I've worn it two times since then without any bunching. Each time I've gotten a solid four to five days of wear, which by my standards, is pretty good. I get a little tip wear on the first day, but after that it wears without incident until day three or four. This polish is water resistant and didn't peel off when doing dishes or taking bathes.
The color is a rich royal blue. I can't think of any polishes to compare it with. A swatch can be seen here. Combined with it's metallic finish, it's quite unique and really catches a lot of attention.
I would definitely recommend this polish if you're looking for a stand-out color on your nails, or a fun color for your toes. I actually think this color would be good for winter and holiday parties. For $2 or less, this polish is excellent. The only things I can really take away from it is the weird bunching and its less than fast dry time. I think I'll get a lot of wear from this polish
Recommendation: Layer Sinful Color's Hottie over it.