September 19, 2014 | 1166 users online

Mascara - Josie Maran Cosmetics - gogo Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Lexithyia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was on the run for an organic hypoallergenic mascara that would deliver clump-free length and I came across this one in Sephora. After using several Tarte mascaras I was very disappointed and decided to go for something else that was oil based instead. This Josie Maran mascara contains argan oil and really helped condition my lashes and make them look gorgeous. The tube looked sophisticated and very beautiful and the price was okay as well. Before using it I curled my lashes and then I applied it upwards from the base of my lashes, wiggling the wand as I went . When I first saw the wand I thought it would be a bit too big, but in the end I was wrong because the wand was able to distribute the product to the lashes near the corners of my eyes (creating a subtle butterfly effect) and separated my lashes nicely. My lashes were dark, defined and dramatic. Overall I am happy with this mascara, I only wish the lasting power was better (after a few hours the mascara flaked). I will not repurchase because I constantly switch mascaras. Next I will try the Josie Maran Black Oil mascara, which is said to be much better than this one.

Pros: Nice packaging, large wand, organic ingredients, great for allergies, delivers volume/length, reaches hard-to-reach lashes
Cons: Poor lasting power

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by superfunky100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am disappointed with this mascara. It is very clumpy. I found that the brush is terrible and way too big. Very hard to apply a nice coat without clumping and sticky lashes. I had high hopes but they fell fast. Will be returning it at Sephora soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I returned it at sephora: For $22 this mascara has no wow factor when applied. It wont make your lashes look fuller if that's what you are looking for. There are better drugstore mascaras.

I have long lashes so any mascara works. I do like that this one has natural ingridients, comes off super easy with just water, doesn't flake, and does not irritate my eyes.

I am on the lookout to try a cheaper natural brand for next time.

If you are looking for a good mascara try lash blast by CG, or Lancolm's Hypnose Star.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ChristianChrissy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara in a home shopping channel Josie Maran kit & love her other (natural) products but VERY DISAPPOINTED w this mascara. I was blessed w long, dark lashes and this mascara is way too watery & DOESNT THICKEN OR LENGTHEN LASHES AT ALL -- EVEN AFTER 2-3 COATS!! Any color payoff requires way too much effort. On the up side, the formula doesn't irritate my eyes & I think this mascara would b a great first mascara for a teen girl to 'practice' with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: totally volumizing, waterproof, black as night, I loved it, still good after 3 months of every other day use, only $20 not too bad for sephora

Cons: ehh it's good and I'd buy it again but I'm still looking for my HG mascara. I like it but am not in love with it.
It takes too many wipes to take off each eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Sammy68

I bought this mascara in hopes that I would not be allergic to it, as I've developed allergies to many different mascara's lately. I guess toxicity overload from so many years of using chemical makeup. So far, so good in that arena. I took off lippies, because this mascara is expensive. $25 after tax. That is EXPENSIVE in my book. It should be able to perform miracles for that kind of money. This mascara does not perform miracles. It does not give you long lashes. And may I add one more time...It is expensive. Now for some good news...it does impart dark, sooty black lashes. It's does build some volume. It does not flake or smudge. So, who knows? I may be stuck with it if I don't develop allergies where my eyes itch uncontrollably and my eyelashes fall out until at least I can find another CHEAPER mascara that can impart the same results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, let me say that I have lashes that can work with any mascara. I rarely have issues with one working for me. If it doesn't work for me, it really is a bad mascara. That being said, I did try so hard to make this work for me, and it just doesn't. The formula was way too wet, so I tried drying it out for a while. It did work better after some time, but still not well. The brush shape is not beneficial and the bristles are too far apart to provide any sort of separation. The volume that I get from it is in the form of clumpiness, even after scraping the wand. Combing through doesn't help either bc then it flakes all over (even in the beginning wettest stage). It also smudges on my upper lid which is annoying. The only good thing is that it left my lashes feeling soft, not crunchy, when I wore it and I didn't get any irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. It makes my lashes look fuller, longer and makes them look nice and glossy. I have no issues with clumping, flaking or smudging. My lashes also feel very comfortable. No dry, spider leg looking lashes here!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you want to comb your mascara wand through your lashes for about 50 coats which is about a full 5 minutes of doing nothing but making tiny little repetitive flicks, desperately trying to coax it to build something...anything other than the meager darkening that occurs, then this is the mascara for you! In about 5 minutes I almost achieve a natural looking medium lash look which I can easily get with a Maybelline or Cover Girl drugstore mascara in about only one coat. I don't know about you, but my morning getting ready time is precious and I need reliable products that I can apply fast and get good results. I also like the thick and dramatic lashes look in case you couldn't tell.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

This product did nothing for my lashes. It promises volume and length but it gives nothing but shiny clumpy lashes. Would not repurchase.